• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Quote from: zosla on August 26, 2009, 03:30:47 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on August 26, 2009, 02:49:35 PM
this is also my biggest annoyance about the game and i have no problem with turtling but when it becomes turtle fighter 4 and turtling is the only option then i have a problem

i mean i love almost every thing street fighter related but this i would almost bet money that a ryu could do 3 moves an entire match to win, jump back, fireball and air hurricane and could beat any non fireball character(gief being the possible exception)

no other street fighter could you get away with that

and stereo i must have just missed you i jumped on a bit after 10pm

Sim b+mk yoga flame is relatively easy once you get the hang of it and is important because it leads to super

It maybe harder than you think doing only those 3 moves to win, I am guessing you haven't played anyone on SF4 at a higher lv ( not like daigo lvl ) but at a decent lvl. It won't work mate.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have to agree with Zolsa on that one.

Ryu's fireball is one of his greatist srengths and weaknesses -throwing one out at full screen distance, at one of the following match ups when their Ultra is charged: Abel, Vega, Chung Li, Honda or Balrog (when timed right)can lead to Ryu eatting that Ultra. Counter attack Ultra's can be damaging.

Match ups like Balrog & Gief can be a headache for Ryu. Yes you can win them -but you've gotta keep your wits about you. 

Jumping back is more often than not a mistake -you wanna keep the middle distance & pressure on your opponent. Jumping back can leave you open to eatting most attacks (charge characters love it when you jump back).

Air Hurricane with Ryu has it's uses -but like anything if you do it often enough anyone can read that. Dhalsim has a great game against any character jumping in the air. Ryu Included.

"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

zos'la

Quote from: DVS on August 27, 2009, 11:01:26 AM
Quote from: zosla on August 26, 2009, 03:30:47 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on August 26, 2009, 02:49:35 PM
this is also my biggest annoyance about the game and i have no problem with turtling but when it becomes turtle fighter 4 and turtling is the only option then i have a problem

i mean i love almost every thing street fighter related but this i would almost bet money that a ryu could do 3 moves an entire match to win, jump back, fireball and air hurricane and could beat any non fireball character(gief being the possible exception)

no other street fighter could you get away with that

and stereo i must have just missed you i jumped on a bit after 10pm

Sim b+mk yoga flame is relatively easy once you get the hang of it and is important because it leads to super

It maybe harder than you think doing only those 3 moves to win, I am guessing you haven't played anyone on SF4 at a higher lv ( not like daigo lvl ) but at a decent lvl. It won't work mate.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have to agree with Zolsa on that one.

Ryu's fireball is one of his greatist srengths and weaknesses -throwing one out at full screen distance, at one of the following match ups when their Ultra is charged: Abel, Vega, Chung Li, Honda or Balrog (when timed right)can lead to Ryu eatting that Ultra. Counter attack Ultra's can be damaging.

Match ups like Balrog & Gief can be a headache for Ryu. Yes you can win them -but you've gotta keep your wits about you. 

Jumping back is more often than not a mistake -you wanna keep the middle distance & pressure on your opponent. Jumping back can leave you open to eatting most attacks (charge characters love it when you jump back).

Air Hurricane with Ryu has it's uses -but like anything if you do it often enough anyone can read that. Dhalsim has a great game against any character jumping in the air. Ryu Included.

Jackpot!!!!

but there is more to this but of course, so lets put it this way, if you leanr teh system and put some effort in practice you will get the result. Just plain playing the game and not understand teh basic fundermentals is not much use.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

fuck I hate multi quoters
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Stop being a grumpy old man Alan ;)
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

I dont like the system.  After playing it for a while, I just dont want to put that much effort in cause I dont enjoy it as much as other games.  Id much rather play ST, alpha2/3, MVC2, or BB.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Pinolicious

<PSN> Kriselda

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

i prefer sf 3rd strike any day ;D
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

geneterror

Quote from: Pinolicious on August 27, 2009, 02:05:10 PM
What's ST?
Super Turbo.

I prefer HD Remix to ST. I've actually picked up playing HD:Remix again.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 27, 2009, 02:03:43 PM
I dont like the system.  After playing it for a while, I just dont want to put that much effort in cause I dont enjoy it as much as other games.  Id much rather play ST, alpha2/3, MVC2, or BB.

its just one of those things that is different for everyone i guess, personally I feel and see your point though I find the SF4 system quiet unique in its own way. But that is from my perspective, I would of actually though a player like yourself would actually adapt and enjoy SF4 as much as as I do but then again I am wrong heh. I personally really hate messy fighting games such as MVC2 or BB... :P

ST = super turbo i guess?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Pinolicious

Quote from: geneterror on August 27, 2009, 02:14:17 PM
What's ST?

I tried that at Lenny's place.  Akuma is so cheap!  Can't jump out of raging demon, if sweep is blocked, you can cancel into fireball for safety.

back to sf4.  I 'think' I like it, but I guess I prefer games that are easy to get into, but hard to master.  I mean, SF4 isn't that hard to get into.  but there are some other popular fighting games that are certainly fun to play and watch at every level of play, from scrub to pro.  Like MvC2.  I mean, I can watch 2x guys who have no interest in video games, but love comics just mash on easy mode with their favourite marvel characters and something cool happens.

I think i'm just too used to 2d fighters where you can consistently cancel one move into another.

Capcom achieved what they want from SF4, which is adding to SF2 but still sticking to it's core (where as sf3 is a completely different style with the parry system and all).  But i think some people, myself included, wanted something flashy.  Well, I know I did :P

Oh, and I also didn't expect the community to reach the meta game so fast, where tiers become so obvious from such an early point.

somebody can correct me if i'm wrong with any of that, but from my understanding, a general agreement on things like tiers and the meta of meta game level don't get reached in a game until well into it's life span.
<PSN> Kriselda

CrazyMobius

Actually I was thinking of downloading remix. You up for some matches on that bro? Also does PS3 have a decent HDR scene? (he says in the sf4 thread)

Screw it it's only $30 I might just get it.

fluxcore

Well, you can never be sure when something will break the game open again. Unfortunately for SFIV it doesn't really seem like anything major will come up, about the best most people are hoping for is some bullshit exploits involving the input system (basically more option selects).

The benefit ST has over IV is that it's fast paced, so you're much more enthusiastic about playing it again. SFIV sometimes feels like a real drag...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 27, 2009, 03:31:11 PM

Actually I was thinking of downloading remix. You up for some matches on that bro? Also does PS3 have a decent HDR scene? (he says in the sf4 thread)

Screw it it's only $30 I might just get it.
I'll happily play you at HD:Remix bro, I love it! Not a huge scene online but you can def find games. We should start and HD:Remix thread in the PSN section see who else is keen.
KOW 2011

moose!

Oh wow, this thread...

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

What's ST?

you cant be serious mate :P

im with lenny and flux.

I just find SF4 not as fast paced as ST or 3rd strike....but coming from a marvel player everything seems slow.....and i get real impatient when playing....i like the game, but man, update it or something....hdr is where its at tho....sagat juggles yayur
The New Generation Clockw0rk