• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on April 17, 2009, 08:53:13 AM
It's awesome that we have this much comp still online at the moment. Be interested to see what happens when KOF XII comes out whether it splits the crowd between the two games or not.

Can't see how it wouldn't.

My thoughts are that it's not really worth pushing KoF with tourneys/tutorial sessions though, since joe bloggs has no idea about it whatsoever.

Which is not to say we can't have a tournament, just that it's not really going to advance the scene at all, just be a wankfest for KoF fans.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Yeah I can't see KOF tourneys catching on. I'm still loving SF4 but I know I will want to spend some serious time with KOF XII once the home version hits. Will def have to split my time betwwen the two somehow.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on April 17, 2009, 12:32:44 PM
Yeah I can't see KOF tourneys catching on. I'm still loving SF4 but I know I will want to spend some serious time with KOF XII once the home version hits. Will def have to split my time betwwen the two somehow.

Whats the roster so far?  I want to make a team of big smashing guys!

Or have 2 big smashing guys and a schoolgirl and call it "Team Spitroast!"

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Take it to a KoFXII thread :/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on April 17, 2009, 08:53:13 AM
Awesome games last night Simon (CrazyMobius) those were some of the closest games I've had yet, can't believe I walked into that Guile Ultra at the end :D. Sorry I had to bail so quickly, I was waiting for a friend to come back and thought he was going to be longer :(
It's awesome that we have this much comp still online at the moment. Be interested to see what happens when KOF XII comes out whether it splits the crowd between the two games or not.

Yeah good games. No worries about leaving early. Everyone has stuff going on at home, sometimes I even gotta quit just to take a whizz.  ;D

I hope that KOF game gets to Yifans it looks amazing. Although I heard it isn't getting a Western release due to American Sony being dicks.

fluxcore

So here's the press release from Capcom about the championship mode
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/04/16/sfivs_free_championship_mode_update_

tbh I'm not really that enthusiastic about it - what chance is there of having tournaments running here that are actually playable, when it's hard to find player or ranked matches?
I'm not even sure you can set private slots on the tourney to only have friends on - but then there are only about 5 of us regular xbox sfiv players anyway, and probably about the same number on psn (or slightly more)... I would much rather have had a proper lobby :/

Saving matches and watching the replays of the inputs is pretty swish for the 360 though, I'd much rather have that than the ps3's 'comment on matches' feature.

stereomonkey

Yeah, total lackluster.  If only we could get a lobby system...

Maybe in 4 months time we find out about a new DLC for a lobby system that was... most probably already on the game when it shipped :(. Thanks Capcom and your shocking marketing team, You guys roxorz!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/apr/17/short-jumping-zangief-street-fighter-4/

Zangief, and Zangief only, has a 'short jump' - discussion and video in the link

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on April 18, 2009, 10:30:29 AM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/apr/17/short-jumping-zangief-street-fighter-4/

Zangief, and Zangief only, has a 'short jump' - discussion and video in the link

Donno da guy name...in yifan got 61 win last night using Zangief
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: gunsmoke on April 18, 2009, 11:58:58 AM

that dude was sick, i was there when he was on 49winz, i didnt play him cause i didnt wanna be number 50 lol toomeke was the guy that ended his streak
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Gino

Jesus fucking christ

gunsmoke

Quote from: Gino on April 18, 2009, 07:56:28 PM

Jesus fucking christ

Yea.....that dude played from 2pm till 7pm....soooo loooong.....Simon , cody , zosla , crazy killer ,i got paid , Ben , maybe around random newbie play him too (around 14)...etc etc...finaly boxer player shut him down i guess is u BEN lol...... ::) ::)

Zangief KKK too good when u time it right  it stop everything
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

zos'la

haha his name is Kevin. When i got there he was on 55 wins, not sure if the other guys where there but I only played him twice and Ben came and manage to beat him. His Sagat is already scary, now his gief is another scary one haha. The dude is like can pick up any character and make u piss your pants. super potential to be one of the best SF in Auckland in my opinion.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Better tell that fool to become a member then (if he already aint)  :P

The Red Lariat= >:(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"