• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Wellington- Timezone Manners Mall

Started by Orochi, October 27, 2007, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

it's BYO :D I have one I can bring, but I've lost my PS2->PS3 adapter

moose!

Chuckk

Hahahahh I am pretty happy with being Take in this comparison, considering my played for years but never played Remy is learning super quick. x-copying those strats haha.
I think i'm fairly serious about learning him but I say that all the time so I don't want to jynx it.

Also yeah Sam is coming in. Tourney is shaping up to be pretty epic.
I almost think go Yang man, but i'm not sure how well your yang goes against everyone else as its been ages since I've seen it.

I'm definitely playing a lot sun morning, but also thinking about sometime saturday too. You got any free time saturday/want to commit to being a nerd instead of having a life and get some quality time in with the stretchy devil?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

moose!

This weekend I'm pretty sure I have nothing planned at all and might commit it to mass nerdary.  ;D

Sucks me playing Remy for so long and having some young upstart stealing my hard learnt moves! Just need to learn a couple of the long range tick set ups and the knee hit confirm (or you can keep repping SAI and flag that unless you wanna try kara cancel links) and you're pretty much there.  ???
Bastard.

His frame/damage data actually makes for some interesting reading as well btw
http://web.archive.org/web/20040413081525/www.karathrow.com/

Chuckk

Ah cheers.
Yeah I'll stop retarding it up with SA1.
Yeah the few things you describe are tricky stuff though and not totally simple plus I dont have the 'feel' for the character like you do.
I have been having a bit of success with him against other people so it's not totally like it's only because your not use too it (though a fair amount is, I think)

Like, you eat a lot of low frisbees, and like you said you just haven't had to deal with that jackassery before.

But yeah got some wins with him against Tyler, and Chocolate Thunder even got a P against Tyler's Akuma. Though it only involved, he jumped, missed parry, ate air fireball, rh tackle, ex tackle, rh tackle, back fierce then I dropped a reflector and chipped him. Combo did like 95%. Was pretty funny.

But you've gotta be stoked with a Remy buddy, how funny would it be if there was a 2on2 tourney and we made a team of Remys.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

Remy <3  ;D

I just need to get my charge partition and buffering skullz back to 100%... simple things like throwing a boom, dashing forward and throwing the next, or throwing a boom followed by a flash kick (not as hard as it seems if you use the same principal as rapid fire).
It'll come back.
Then yous are all FUCKED!

Chuckk

yeah i will be sad when you can hit that crap 100%. :(
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

It's all back now  ;D
5 hit boom combos and everything.

Here's some good viewing- SBO 8 finals:

DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA! Kuroda fakes KKZ for a sure win and loses. Chinta misses a routine link and loses a sure win round. MOV takes out two players with a broken hand (he hadn't played any matches til then). Yun pulls out kara palms in the last round (check the damage  :o) then gets corner raped in a pretty sweet comeback :D

Keen to get SBO 09 DVDs later this year and nerd out?

Chuckk

Fuck yeah man, that would be awesome.
Going to watch the stream while SBO is on and hope for some good matches.

You still keen to play tomorrow?
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

Yeah should be free any time after lunch.
Must remember to buy pants though, I keep (strangely) running out of time to do it before work lately, haha.

Chuckk

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

Real men wear pink

Like hell he should get tight white jeans because he loves them sooo much

moose!

They would definitely go better with those glossy tights you wanted...

Real men wear pink

Fine Ben I'll wear the tights just for you but after I clean the floor with your Remy on Sunday you can be the bitch in this relationship :D

Real men wear pink

I call bull shit on remy clearly Ibuki was drugged