• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hope for MVC3?!!!??

Started by [NIUE] BIRRY WONG, January 31, 2008, 09:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

January 28, 2008 - It was just last summer that Electronic Arts and Marvel announced plans to create a new fighting game franchise featuring a roster of characters from Marvel's stable. EA was developing the first entry in the series, but that studio was closed in November. The future of the Marvel fighting game was uncertain.

Today Marvel Interactive confirmed its deal with EA has been terminated.

"Electronic Arts and Marvel have jointly agreed to discontinue development of Marvel fighting games under the Electronic Arts brand," said Justin Lombros, VP of Marvel Interactive. "This was a business decision based on Electronic Arts portfolio strategy and will not affect Marvel's ongoing plans to release fighting games based on the Marvel properties in the future."

Marvel apparently intends to continue pursuing its character-based fighting game, although it hasn't revealed any more about what developers/publishers might be involved.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/848/848171p1.html

Possibly going back to capcom? Lets hope so.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

EA would have cocked it up anyway. All the Marvel stuff they've put out has been ass, along with any vague fighting game.

Going back to Capcom would be sweet... but what on earth could they add to MvC2? It's already complete madness :)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on January 31, 2008, 11:33:22 AM
EA would have cocked it up anyway. All the Marvel stuff they've put out has been ass, along with any vague fighting game.

Going back to Capcom would be sweet... but what on earth could they add to MvC2? It's already complete madness :)

--flux

Parrys
3d (lol)
A no clipping mode
God mode
iddqd
Ok I really didn't have any ideas.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

More characters. I want to beat on magneto with sagat. Or yun. Give morrigan back her lp lp -> lk hp or whatever the motion was. Change warmachines sprite so that he looks like his character picture. Nerf Simon. Add in the characters from those fake screenshots that went around the internet. Give juggernaut and 8 way airdash + aerial headcrush. among a plethora of other things.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

EA made fighting games  ??? ...

I agree with fluxcore. I hate EA for what they've done to the Need For Speed series after Porsche 2000...

Know what would be cool. Marvel VS Namco!  :D

Sentinel, Jack-6, Nancy MIS47J! Team Rocket Punch! lol...
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

samurai black

I'd keep the roster the same size as MvC2, but maybe rethink the character lineup. Like  get rid of one of the wolverines and whatever other shit marvel character, and and throw in deadpool and agent x.

and update morrigans sprite.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I can totally see deadpool with a 3-level taunt super like dan.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

And get rid of all the useless Capcom chars? That'd free up some room in the roster :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 01, 2008, 12:00:27 PM
I can totally see deadpool with a 3-level taunt super like dan.

dude, deadpool, agent x and dan thc taunt super

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sounds a little too much like TOTAL OBLITERATION to me.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!