• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amendonz

hooray for sent nerf! now if only they fixed the matchmaking....

samurai black

Dafid

haha yes! this makes me happy.. not that i had issues with sentinel, just that there might be a bit of variety online. after playing a bunch of sentinels today i cant help but see him as a cuddly panda bear and laugh.

Seriously tho i think he was over nerfed by a tad but essentially hes still the same character.  you still gotta respect him or get a frying pan/big leg to the face. only difference is sent player has less room for error on point and as an assist

massi4h

Nerf is good, not game changing though, but he's alot less random now (without l3 xf) as even super punishes will hurt alot more. I don't expect to see anyone doing fullscreen hsfs now (they shouldn't have been before either).

Anyway the main problem imo with sents l3 xf is the speed rather than the damage. Everyone does massive damage and has shit easy 100% combos under l3 xf, but what really makes sent shine is the fact that he can do his high/low/command grab/frame trappish/armored normals mixup alot better.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Kind of a dumb nerf i reckon. But it does mean people have to be more careful with him now, which is a good thing.

The problem with sent is the random factor imo. I would've left his hp as is, but taken the armour off of c.M and made frypan a hard knockdown instead of a bounce. I would leave the armour on his S because realistically that thing is punishable pretty easily anyway. Maybe that's TOO big a nerf. I dunno. I honestly don't think he is THAT good a character. Hes just got big random burst damage.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Wow that's a pretty huge nerf lol.

I still think he is good, but we'll definitely see a shit ton less of him.

Poor poor robot.

EDIT: Just read on SRK that one of his combos doesn't work anymore 2.  Dude saying you can't get double relaunch combos anymore with him.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

They buffed the damage on his S and command throw apparently.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

Wow the game has only been out for over a month and I really think that it's too early for Balance changes... Or are they just gonna keep adjusting the game everytime there's something to bitch about  ::)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

jsculls

Wow that's a big health de-buff, 1mil or 1.1mil woulda made more sense. Hopefully it will be good for the game, if you look at the anti sent strats out there at the moment (Wolverine's instant overhead, she-hulks air throw super, spencer etc.) he's gonna be pretty squishy at 905k.

CptMunta

Yeah I think noob crying is getting too much airtime. Man, if A.E. is released in it's current crazy unbalanced state there will be scrubfilled Anti -Yun pitchfork posses rioting in the streets!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Pinolicious

This kinda makes me feel like my Brady Guide was a waste :(
<PSN> Kriselda

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

weyden

Very interesting update. Deep down inside im glad because I always hated him since mvc2  :D but nah yeah.
On another note I better get my practise on for friday, Dante is still is my team and I swear I still havn't even sused out anything more then  s.LMHS sj.LMH that downward kick thing, re-launch, sjLMH downward flame thing, land, gun hyper.

I think ill be better off going random for my matches

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Pinolicious on March 23, 2011, 10:55:42 PM

Nah. Sent's playstyle is still the same, but you have to be more careful. Ie. You have to PLAY with sent, rather than push buttons with him. Counter strats are also still the same.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Elixir

Quote from: Pinolicious on March 23, 2011, 10:55:42 PM

Well, you did buy a guide for a fighting game.