• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

Chuckk

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Rorooze

Elixir

so the guy with his leg in a cast decided it'd be a cool idea to provoke someone

and the other guy decided to retaliate by punching said guy

yeah they're pretty much both retarded.

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

redtie

Lennysaurus

Goddamnit this game is awesome.  I can't believe more people aren't playing it.

My new team is Rad.  Viper/S.Hulk/Tron is te shizzle.  Straight in your face explode your shit... or die in second.  Awwww yeah!

Also, Phoenix is so retarded.  took me likee 5 minutes to learn her hahaha.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer man i don't know why more people aren't playing this either ay. I thought it woulda blown up the FG community more than SF4 did. I know people play this game. They just aren't interested in getting into it hardcore.

I hate that Tron assist. It's so broken. Makes me wanna play Tron and i hate hate hate the way she looks and shit. I don't know how much longer i can resist though.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

I agree this game is mint
but every time i play it i go online and wish i hadnt bothered

The online is probably wat is stoping more people playing especially when u jump in ranked with some one from halfway around the world and lose to lag teleport shenanigans

I also hate tron assist

samurai black

so ive seen a few rest vids for mags, which basically involve long ass combo into air throw.

which doesnt make sense to me, since combos from a throw scale like a kung. am i missing something there?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: samurai black on April 09, 2011, 01:13:46 PM
so ive seen a few rest vids for mags, which basically involve long ass combo into air throw.

which doesnt make sense to me, since combos from a throw scale like a kung. am i missing something there?

They build enough bar to get a level 3, and with the throw reset it basically kills any character in the game is my understanding from full life.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Yeah.  Also if you have are able to DHC trick it's worth while as you can build more bar doing the same combo ending with hyper grav X DHC trick or even GS.

He has other resets that don't involve throw setup as well.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its the online that kills it. Thats it.

SSF4 doesnt have the best online in the world, but its definitely playable. THIS game has some of the worst online lag ive ever experienced. Can't even get good games with local guys. For casual gamers, online is the be all and end all of replayability, so a game like this isnt going to hook in any new casuals, because it has a major aspect that is lackluster. Most of us recognise that when the game is being played as it should be (offline), its awesome. Its definitely the most fun ive had in a fighting game since MVC2, but it sucks that I cant sit at home and train up with people, since its like playing underwater.

Amazing game. Crippled by bad online. I think this is a major reason why we need to become a more known and established community. So that games like this one that dont deserve to fail dont ACTUALLY end up falling off the radar.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 09, 2011, 02:02:57 PM
Yeah.  Also if you have are able to DHC trick it's worth while as you can build more bar doing the same combo ending with hyper grav X DHC trick or even GS.

He has other resets that don't involve throw setup as well.

meh. magneto is stink anyway :P