• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Also Trons assist seems to have a bit more utility - like you mentioned, it can be used to extend or start combos, and it's a better "wall" than Hulks.

If you're using it purely for the assist, Tron is probably the better choice, despite Hulk being a better character, IMO.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

originaljulz

Quote from: electric on March 27, 2011, 07:18:33 AM
Also Trons assist seems to have a bit more utility - like you mentioned, it can be used to extend or start combos, and it's a better "wall" than Hulks.

If you're using it purely for the assist, Tron is probably the better choice, despite Hulk being a better character, IMO.

Lol use both.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

stereomonkey

Quote from: samurai black on March 26, 2011, 10:59:01 PM
i guess i lucked out in that the three characters i picked and played at the start manage to have this team dynamic going for them.

Same here :D  DHC trick X  DEFEATED
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck there's this character called Viewtuful Joe in this game!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 27, 2011, 11:30:09 AM
Fuck there's this character called Viewtuful Joe in this game!!!

Bullshit. You're a fucking liar.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

Ironman

726,000 Damage combo, no assist, no xfc, 1 bar, corner only (atm heh)

fly, m, h, unfly + h, dj upforward, m,m,h,(land)cr.m, st.h,s. sj, m,h,d+h,fly,m,h,d+h,unfly + h, djuf,h,s ~ smartbomb xx proton cannon

Just got to set it up is all. Working on a similar combo that works midscreen.

Lennysaurus

This is my mid-screen BnB for Ironman atm.  Starting to get it down now, although I stuff it up alot:

c.L, c.M, H, Launch, j.H, fly, j.M, j,down+H, unfly, airdash down-forward, j,down+H, land, c.M, H, Launch, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.down+H, double jump cancel, j.M, j.down+H, S, land, dash, smart bombs xx Super

Does 720,000 with Proton Cannon and 975,00 with his level 3.  The best thing about it is that it actually builds one and a half super meters, so its not that unfeasible to do a proton avenger at the end.  Also after Proton Avenger you can do:

dash smart bombs xx proton cannon

makes the damage 1,139,000

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Just while we're doing some combo annotation...

My new Tron/Hulk BnB - requires you start with half a bar and have an OTG assist (Hulks Gamma Wave will suffice, although the timing is a little strict)

j.H, s.L, c.M, s.H xx H drill, f+M, j.M, j.M, j.H xx H Drill, s.H, s.S, sj.M, M, H, S, OTG assist, H Beacon Bomb, j.S, L Beacon Bomb, King Servbot DHC Gamma Quake, (Hulk) s.M, s.S, sj.M, M, H, S.

If your opponent is somehow actually still alive at this point, you can do Gamma Wave xx Gamma Crush - this requires you start the combo with at least one bar.

There are slight changes if you start the combo off a c.L instead of a jump in, but mainly to preserve enough hit stun until the DHC trick Gamma Quake.

Does over 1.3 million with the Gamma Crush ending, or 1.1 million without :)

massi4h

Man that's a mean way to use the DHC glitch.

Nick4now

Can someone explain to me what the DHC trick is please? And is it possible to do it with my team Mags/Haggar/Phoenix?

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

samurai black

dhc trick is going from an animation super like deadpools cutting time and dhcing into a non hitting super, like a power up or counter super.

i have no idea if you can do it with your team.

stereomonkey

It's been explained before I think but watch this video and read the description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWvdm0n38Ws
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Nick4now

Oh cool! So for example if I used a team of Deadpool/Wolvie/Phoenix I could do Cutting time, DHC Berserker Charge?

Also if the order was around the other way (Deadpool/Phoenix/Wolvie) would Cutting time, DHC Phoenix Rage (Big flaming bird shit), DHC Berserker Charge work? Or would the Phoenix Rage get in the way of the DHC trick?

EDIT: Nevermind, I went ahead and watched that video  ;D

electric

That video pretty much sums it up well

And yes Nick, pretty sure your team can do it...

Mags: big as combo, ending in hyper grav, cancel into magnetic tempest, then cancel straight away into Haggar grab super (so it whiffs) then go into launch - not sure if you'll recover in time to carry on your combo, so you might need to xfactor to do any follow ups

Basically, if you put an opponent in a "grabbed" state and do a super (or a super that puts them in a "grabbed" state - i.e. level 1 cinematics) then DHC into a non hitting super then it will work - there are exceptions, but if they go into flying spinning state I think you're gold.

Those seem to be the general rules so far - I've heard Spider-man can't initiate it at all though :(

Nick4now

Awww stink I can't do it due to both Hyper Grav and Hyper Haggar Slam being level 3 Hypers  :(  Oh well, comboing into Hyper Grav usually gets the kill anyways but I might have a play around with another team that can utilize this better  :D