• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LN

Viscant mentioned in the comments on the SRK page that anyone who has a full screen super into big damage combo can do similar stuff. For example Spencer, apparently...
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

redtie

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: LN on March 03, 2011, 08:55:30 AM
Viscant mentioned in the comments on the SRK page that anyone who has a full screen super into big damage combo can do similar stuff. For example Spencer, apparently...

Bionic... ARMMMMMMMM!
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

LN

QuoteHere is a small video showcasing a series of combos that utilize the "DHC Trick" (believed to be discovered by Kusoru). Basically, this trick resets both the damage and hit-stun scaling allowing for huge damage combos. The fact that the hit-stun scaling is reset along with the damage allows combos to get very creative... this video is just a mere fraction of what is possible.

Currently, in order to make the trick work, you need to DHC out of a cinematic super into a super that doesn't physically hit (power-ups work great here). This includes whiffed grabs, counters (usually need to be XFC'ed so you can keep comboing), and certain unique supers like Sentinel's (he "summons" the drones but doesn't actually hit you himself). Obviously, any team with this capability is pretty dangerous!

In this video, I started every combo off c.L and with 1.0 meter except for Spencer versus Sentinel. I wanted to show what he could do off swing (against another Sentinel). All of these combos can do a LOT more damage by omitting some of the moves (especially the c.L). In some cases, I intentionally lowered the damage so I could have the final hit cause the K.O. blow! Thanks for watching!

This is the shit to learn right now.

Pinolicious

Quote from: LN on March 06, 2011, 09:50:17 PM

This is the shit to learn right now.

Just to confirm what I'm seeing here, combo, hyper, dhc into a hyper that's say, a grab, but miss on purpose, but they're still combo.able, and because of the missed grab hyper, you continue the combo and reset the damage/hit stun scaling?

edit: watched a bit more and read about it, even sentinel hyper sentinel force... too baller... the sent haters are gonna rage even more, sent players were already doing this without realising it?  I know I didn't.
<PSN> Kriselda

[8-----D] Toots

Has to be a animation super to reset the damage scaling.

Yay for more damage....

massi4h

Haha I was actually wondering why I could launch and do a standard air combo off of X-23's Weapon X DHC'd to Sent after a massive combo.

Pinolicious

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on March 06, 2011, 10:55:42 PM
Has to be a animation super to reset the damage scaling.

The first super?  Or what you DHC into?
<PSN> Kriselda

LN

Cinematic OTG hyper THCed into a non-'hitting' hyper. Appended the u2b text. Note: combos start with *1* meter and build the other before the THC.

As for crying - MvC2 had the same kind of shit, only in that it lead into inescapable guard breaks and more of the same. Other notes: this won't work on assists due to the cinematic.

redtie

This just made Spencer/Taskmaster even better.

LN

I was kinda hoping some other people would post their findings and shit in here. Really lessens my enthusiasm for continuing to post mine...

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

definitely gonna have to reconsider using spencer.

especially after watching combofiends one today  ;D

massi4h

OK well I'll post some discoveries I've made.

When an opponent does a super (say they're an idiot sentinel doing full screen hsf) you can input any move during their super flash and it will come out on the first frame. This includes supers, dashes, jumps, super jumps, tags etc. This doesn't seem to work if you're in blockstun during their super flash though. So basically if a sent does full screen hsf most characters can either have a punishing super or generally can just input a forward super jump and should be able to punish him most of the time. You can't xfactor during this flash though.

Also remember that any normal can be cancelled into a special/super and any special can be cancelled into a super, so say I'm akuma vs sent and I accidentally do a sweep when sent is a third of the screen away and he does hsf to punish. If I have one bar I can cancel into his HP shoryuken which has 10 frames of invincibility then air super his ass (untested if it goes high enough to avoid the hsf), or if I have 3 bars I can just input a raging demon for a punish.

This trick is especially good when you are going to be chipped to death, for instance if you bring in a no health sentinel and they try and chip you out with anything like hail storm, or fatal claw you can super and be safe from their chip. I haven't tested if this works on meaties though (like dorm's yoga inferno) so I'm not too sure if when your character comes in you can do a move on the first frame, but I assume you can since you can block on the first frame.

A bit later, or maybe tomorrow I'll post up some very important things about supers and the frame data on them. This shit will be critical to learn for high level play and I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet.