• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Welcome back True Believers! The Comic Universe Thread

Started by samurai black, December 05, 2010, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

Quote from: HoneyBadger on March 25, 2011, 10:57:30 AM
Comic booky comic book movies don't make money. YO DAT MOVIE IZ 4 NRDS G

Not even. The Watchmen and Sin City making that cash money

stereomonkey

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 25, 2011, 09:13:54 AM
Found the cartoon that the X-men game was based on:

Hahaha, the pilot episode is so much loltimes.

Also how come they left Kitty Pride out of the full show? :(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

stereomonkey

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Kim on March 25, 2011, 12:01:50 PM
Not even. The Watchmen and Sin City making that cash money

You can't compare The Watchmen and Sin City (graphic novel) to something comparatively shallow like Captain America. Not only do they have a definitive conclusion but they also stretch a long way from your typical comic book which I'm sure Simon was referring to. When in reference to how gritty and serious the movies are in relation to the original medium, Watchmen and Sin City were, and still have a far bigger emphasis on the humanity and development of the protagonists compared to your typical comic, especially their shallow origin stories.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Old shit like that Captain America makes me wanna puke. Looks so shit. And so old. Soo happy i never saw that shit.

in before 'bro don't say that about blah blah, i blah blah in my pants cos blah blah is cool.'

Sin City was awesome. SO was Watchmen.

I used to love that x men cartoon. I remember when it got up to Apocalypse. Fuck i wonder how they beat him. Was wayyy better than evolution. Evolution they was punks as kids hahaha. I wonder how they beat Apocalypse on that show too actually.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Never saw the Watchmen film but when there was all that Watchmen hooplah I ended up reading the comic. Really bloody enjoyable.

Lennysaurus

The Watchmen G novel is awesome.  Movie was fail.  Relied too much on boobies and random violence to carry it.  Made it boring.  Don't get me wrong, I love pointless explosions, and boobs, but you have to be going for one or the other in a movie.  Not try and have deep and meaningful shit, and then LOL BOOBIES!! Doesn't work well in most cases.

I think the only thing they did well with in the movie was Rosrarch(spelling?).

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING THAT IS IN ITALICS FOR FEAR OF SPOILERS:
I think they really fucked up the movie by not having the alien thingy in it.  Making them blame it on Dr. Manhattan in the movie instead of on the Alien thingy really fucked it up.  Changed the whole idea behind them rallying to a common cause and stuff, because why the fuck would Dr. M do that if he was gonna fuck off anyway?

Also, Veidt character was super fucked up in the movie.  At the end of the film he seems stoked with what he has done, but in the comic book you are left knowing that he understands that for all his work that the human race are gonna fuck it up anyway, and that all his murdering and scheming was just a short fix for a problem that will never go away.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 25, 2011, 02:10:02 PM
I used to love that x men cartoon. I remember when it got up to Apocalypse. Fuck i wonder how they beat him.

Cable had 5 meters... ;)

Lennysaurus

Actually no, I take that back.  I think even Rosrarch was fail.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

samurai black

kinda hard to fit an epic like watchmen into a few hours.

best comic book movie in terms of remaining faithful to the source material is probably 300.

Kim

Quote from: HoneyBadger on March 25, 2011, 01:34:21 PM
You can't compare The Watchmen and Sin City (graphic novel) to something comparatively shallow like Captain America. Not only do they have a definitive conclusion but they also stretch a long way from your typical comic book which I'm sure Simon was referring to. When in reference to how gritty and serious the movies are in relation to the original medium, Watchmen and Sin City were, and still have a far bigger emphasis on the humanity and development of the protagonists compared to your typical comic, especially their shallow origin stories.

To that I say 300.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer i think if his suit was all glossy and shit it would look weird. Like imagine if they did that on X MEn. WIth Magneto and Wolverine and pretty much everybody actually would've been lmfao.

Quote from: stereomonkey on March 25, 2011, 03:04:42 PM
Cable had 5 meters... ;)

Wholly sheeit. Man i gotta watch that shit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 25, 2011, 08:03:09 PM
Wholly sheeit. Man i gotta watch that shit.

Its actually a different cartoon to the one Simon posted. But yea. Shit was awesome. The story in the one youre talking about Weazzy was fuckin balla.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah the one simon posted was a mini animated movie that cam out before the xmen series was released .
the voice actors suck but hot dang the animation in that is well above the xmen animated series .

magneto looks fucking boss and straight outa the arcade .
fuck that arcade was beast at rainbows end , 6 player madness , wasted all my tokens on that instead of the rides oh and the ninja turtle arcasde game too
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I remember they had that xmen game at the broadway cinemas in newmarket. I spent more time on that than in the actual movies.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.