• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Trademe/GPstore

Started by [NIUE] BIRRY WONG, August 24, 2008, 01:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

If the monitor supports 1:1 pixel mapping, then no, it will just show as 4:3 480p in the middle of the screen, if you select that display option.

And no, it's not irrelevant, because I was doing exactly that on an LCD screen. For fighting games. Sure, there aren't a hell of a lot of games that support 480p, but the only two that I couldn't emulate (KoFXII and GGXXAC) both did. Hence, I could play all the 2d fighting games available at that time on my arcade cabinet, with an LCD screen.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Elixir

Quote from: fluxcore on January 10, 2009, 09:24:24 AM
If the monitor supports 1:1 pixel mapping, then no, it will just show as 4:3 480p in the middle of the screen, if you select that display option.

And no, it's not irrelevant, because I was doing exactly that on an LCD screen. For fighting games. Sure, there aren't a hell of a lot of games that support 480p, but the only two that I couldn't emulate (KoFXII and GGXXAC) both did. Hence, I could play all the 2d fighting games available at that time on my arcade cabinet, with an LCD screen.

But that eliminates the availability of PS2 fighters tenfold. What about the stuff that's arcade-perfect on other consoles. ie. MvC2 on the DC?

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Elixir

What parts do the yellow namco have? I don't even remember. Soldered to the PCB?

I could probably mod the shit out of those and sell them locally. Fuck yeah Japanese hookups.

HCO

I actually bought a Namco stick two days ago. I asked MarkMan about it and apparently they are original Hori parts, both the buttons and the stick. I'm not sure if they're soldered or QDs, but I'd assume the former. From what I hear though, you definitely don't need to mod them for them to be good, playable sticks.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thanks for that Sol. I just bought it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

pax_bisonica

Quote from: Elixir on January 16, 2009, 11:50:14 PM
What parts do the yellow namco have? I don't even remember. Soldered to the PCB?

I could probably mod the shit out of those and sell them locally. Fuck yeah Japanese hookups.

Both the Namco sticks I have the buttons are soldered.
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 17, 2009, 12:25:32 PM
Thanks for that Sol. I just bought it.

I hope you didn't buy it for tekken ::)
pringles

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nah, my stick is getting a bit ratshit. My hands seem to secrete some kind of acid.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=198545158

Seimitsu LS-32 stick
6x happ competition buttons
2x seimitsu 24mm buttons (little start buttons)

Not a bad price... while mixing jap stick and US buttons is a bit weird, the buttons are pretty decent, and the stick is great (it's what I have in my arcade cab)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

Whoop whoop got my Namco stick from Trademe today! ;D
Played like 2.5 hours of Guilty Gear #Reload before deciding it's too hot to exert any more effort. I think I'll actually be able to do a shoryuken motion the next time I play Blazblue! :o

Also been playing Shadow of the Colossus, thanks flux. :)

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: HCO on January 22, 2009, 06:00:35 PM
Whoop whoop got my Namco stick from Trademe today! ;D
Played like 2.5 hours of Guilty Gear #Reload before deciding it's too hot to exert any more effort. I think I'll actually be able to do a shoryuken motion the next time I play Blazblue! :o

Thats what we like to hear ;D
pringles

fluxcore

Quote from: HCO on January 22, 2009, 06:00:35 PM

Sweet, so it all worked then? Good to hear :)
I only know anything about Eddie, Slayer and a little Ky in GG, but if you have any questions fire away :)