• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on December 07, 2009, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: Darkf0rge on December 07, 2009, 03:30:30 PM
I think  just about any character can basically be viable in tekken 6, top tier or not. I really doubt this is the case in SFIV. I would really like to see fei long win a major tournament.

Actually Justin Wong did do that...
Yeah but JWong's a fag though.

I was just pissed at Tekken cos I learnt Lars juggles in like 10 mins, no shit it's really easy. Then challenge my mate who button nashed to victory with Hwarang and Christie.

IMO I think the shit in SF4 is way harder to do in T6. I think you just have to know what can be punished/ Sidestepped into launchers with T6. Which was my problem cos I could grab a char, learn ALL their shit in like half an hour and then go get raped cos I couldnt get the launcher, I think i was missing punishment opportunities. I dunno I suck at T6. But when I was looking up Lars vids I could do everything they could
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

And that was one day of playing T6. To this day the shit Daigo/Mago/JPN do shit that is untouchable, from my 9 months of atleast 6 hrs EVERY day.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Pinolicious

Yeah, sounds like you're missing fundamentals.  People assume tekken is easy cause combo's are easy to do.  But only a scrub gives you a free launcher.

Isn't that the same with most fighting games though?  Like, I definitely aint no Street Fighter pro, I learnt some basic combos, learnt 'how' to ryu f.dp > fadc > ultra, still yet to grasp the opportunities of when I can do it, or how to create such opportunities
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah I think thats what I meant aye, need to learn what can be punished/stepped. Thats alot of chars moves to learn on that sort of stuff.

Just wondering though, do people really play all 40ish chars competitively, if so thats pretty f'n awesome.

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 07, 2009, 04:56:35 PM
Yeah I think thats what I meant aye, need to learn what can be punished/stepped. Thats alot of chars moves to learn on that sort of stuff.

Just wondering though, do people really play all 40ish chars competitively, if so thats pretty f'n awesome.

I don't know whether it's "all 40 are played competitively" as much as it is "all 40 are competitive"... by that I mean people won't necessarily stick to picking the top characters just because they're more viable... people would pick characters that appeal to them

Personally, if I ever saw someone using that fucking Kangaroo I'd knee them in the fucking jaw
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Barnstorm

you can spam launches for the most part, d/f+2 or hop kicks are a good start but i dont know any lars stuff sorry

usually you dont leran all characters you learn what to block which is a bit different to sf block all crouching technique
but they generally have the same premise pokes and throws do most of the damage at high level
tekken is the lows that do the little annoying damage
sf is usually chip damage

so occasionally characters can throw in terrible moves and due to not knowing the character is unpunishable or blocked incorrectly
its basically a shenanigan

massi4h

Mid launchers hit crouching opponents. And you say that most characters are viable in T6. That's because they can all do 50% combos. Playing a more random character just means that they have less chance of having memorised your frame data so they can poke you better. Being in rage means you'll die in about 1 hit, but you hit them once and they'll die from your combo.

Orochi

Quote from: electric on December 07, 2009, 05:01:50 PM
I don't know whether it's "all 40 are played competitively" as much as it is "all 40 are competitive"... by that I mean people won't necessarily stick to picking the top characters just because they're more viable... people would pick characters that appeal to them

Personally, if I ever saw someone using that fucking Kangaroo I'd knee them in the fucking jaw

There's a few good Roger players in welly :P

stereomonkey

I have tekken now but I don't like it too much.  All I like is King and his juggles ending in giant swing (savage style :P) but thats all.

Oh, and maybe looking at the upskirts and boobies.  But thats better done in Soul Calibur 4.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 29, 2009, 12:49:06 AM
Oh, and maybe looking at the upskirts and boobies.  But thats better done in Soul Calibur 4.

thats all soul calibur is about now.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yea I use to love it and I hated SF. I would defend tekken to the death and bashed SF. But I didnt like it when I rented it aye. I like SF4 cos I've never played a SF before, and it's new to me, projectiles, super/ultra bars.
But Tekken felt real basic and lame. But i'm a loyay fan so i'm thrash the shit out of it anyway. And atleast I can say I've played THIS whole series, so I dont get the 09er hate lol.

True I might as well put it here.

Who do you's all main at Tekken 6?
I'm thinking of maining Lars,Kazuya,Law and Armour King.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Pinolicious

<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] weazzyefff

'' If you play with girls in Tekken you play with barbies''

stereomonkey

I like to handle women more then men in tekken.  That said, king for me.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"