• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!DIABLO GTR!

Grand Final matches have been finally uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded#p/c/D62C63D42BCA7B06

I played against the King player yesterday, amazing stuff. You don't get pitbull style players at the high level over here (since pitbull = suicide, especially if you have really sh!tty execution). So it was a blast playing him in pitbull VS pitbull style matches.
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

huang

fluxcore

So I was thinking, what is it about Tekken that makes NZ actually BEAT Australia? In pretty much every other fighting game, AU is much better.

Either:

The top NZ players spend more time overseas

Or:

Aussie is balls at this game

?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: fluxcore on October 27, 2009, 09:33:28 AM
So I was thinking, what is it about Tekken that makes NZ actually BEAT Australia? In pretty much every other fighting game, AU is much better.

Either:

The top NZ players spend more time overseas

Or:

Aussie is balls at this game

?
NZ players barely travel overseas to play... We just make observations on match vids and strategise accordingly.

Australia has heaps more better players at this game, no doubt about that.

In the end, it's the matchup and player style. Jack (who happened to use Jack-6) wasn't tuned to B.G.'s style of Steve. There is a larger spectrum of characters being used in Australia compared to here, it can't be helped if he is not familiar. Besides, the matches were close.

Jack VS Steve, Jack would have the advantage. But due to the anti-Jack training, B.G. would familiarise himself with what to do and what not to do in specific situations.

p.s. We also beat the Oz's in the Guitar Hero Arcade NZ VS Oz Tourney that day.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I wouldn't say NZ, i bet it was just that one guy, which is still beast for NZ. Damn armaggedon should of sold this game as well as Blazblue, they can get people from overseas but not games, fucking retards. There's no law about selling imported shit, for retail.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

Yeah but Mason beasts almost every country at GH so it doesn't count =P + he said arcade GH was ballbagz
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Will

BG would have been fucked if he was VSin americans King with the grabing and having to break etc (frm wat ive heard :S), all the players were good aswell as all the matches, its just we have Tekken players thats all and aus cant touch shame on them.  8)
Learning....

fluxcore

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on October 27, 2009, 10:01:31 AM

Oh, ok, so their best players weren't represented then?

Because it's pretty retarded to think that somehow NZ with its puny player base is better than Australia.

Which is why I was wondering if we have effectively 'imported talent'. It happens in other games, it's just the community isn't large enough to sustain them properly.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

actually BG's (NZ player?) is pretty good at teching grabs from what I saw, well at a good %, his predictions of moves are good and timing are usually spot on when he is on a roll. But again Tekken corner base game is worst that SF4 by FAR!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 27, 2009, 10:34:30 AM
I wouldn't say NZ, i bet it was just that one guy, which is still beast for NZ. Damn armaggedon should of sold this game as well as Blazblue, they can get people from overseas but not games, fucking retards. There's no law about selling imported shit, for retail.
Livewire had a couple of BlazBlue PS3 combo packs on sale... You missed out. And Livewire is already importing the Tekken 6 packs here.

Quote from: fluxcore on October 27, 2009, 12:15:33 PM
Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on October 27, 2009, 10:01:31 AM
Oh, ok, so their best players weren't represented then?
You can't make assumptions based on just ONE player. Of course their best players weren't represented, there was only ONE of them...  :) We are talking in terms of the scene. In the end, its all based on player plus character matchups. It's like how the Phillipines player sent here was supposedly here because of an upset win. The favourite could've been a lot better for this tourney, but he lost to the player that was sent here. Not that I'm saying that Coffee Prinz is bad or anything.

Quote from: zosla on October 27, 2009, 12:30:14 PM
actually BG's (NZ player?) is pretty good at teching grabs from what I saw, well at a good %, his predictions of moves are good and timing are usually spot on when he is on a roll. But again Tekken corner base game is worst that SF4 by FAR!!!!
If you're starting, it's best to avoid the walls. If you have no knowledge of the opponents behaviour or characters' wall setups, you're pretty much screwed...  :) It's never a pretty sight...

It was still anyones game.

zos'la

I've played Tekken sicne day one of the series but never got into it competitively. But from Tekken 4 onwards, Wall games are just GG once you're stuck and the opponent knows his stuff.
Personally I knwo there are ways to get out of it but even for a great player it is difficult.

But I do enjoy Tekken as the 3D battle system really is great, actually If I had to do this competitively I could as I could possibly beat 50% of the players at Yifans? though I don't have a ps3/xbox to practice on or else I would get into this competitiveness as well :)

one funny thing I noticed is that the top 4 that were competing on the day were Asians...lol all 4!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on October 27, 2009, 03:17:04 PM
I've played Tekken sicne day one of the series but never got into it competitively. But from Tekken 4 onwards, Wall games are just GG once you're stuck and the opponent knows his stuff.
Personally I knwo there are ways to get out of it but even for a great player it is difficult.

But I do enjoy Tekken as the 3D battle system really is great, actually If I had to do this competitively I could as I could possibly beat 50% of the players at Yifans? though I don't have a ps3/xbox to practice on or else I would get into this competitiveness as well :)

one funny thing I noticed is that the top 4 that were competing on the day were Asians...lol all 4!!!

Im not gonna get into cultural philosophy again. But its not a surprising result really.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

I could as I could possibly beat 50% of the players at Yifans?
Yifans used to be the venue for the top players back in TTT, T4, T5. But due to old players retiring from Tekken and cheaper prices, Timezone is now the venue for top players.

If you wanted to be more accurate, you could call it the Koreans Overseas Tekken 6 BR competition...  :)

Even the little kids watching me play on the machine were like, "All these players are Korean." And I was thinking... I wasn't Korean the last time I checked... :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on October 27, 2009, 03:51:45 PM
I could as I could possibly beat 50% of the players at Yifans?
Yifans used to be the venue for the top players back in TTT, T4, T5. But due to old players retiring from Tekken and cheaper prices, Timezone is now the venue for top players.

If you wanted to be more accurate, you could call it the Koreans Overseas Tekken 6 BR competition...  :)

Even the little kids watching me play on the machine were like, "All these players are Korean." And I was thinking... I wasn't Korean the last time I checked... :)

Youre also not a white dude either.

Not white/brown = Korean imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL, yeah duh, 99% of people at the arcades are asian.

And rub it in why dont ya.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!