• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I'm not sure about whether he's as oft  picked as Ken, but from what I understand he's basically the ken of t6 yeah
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Pinolicious

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 03, 2009, 09:37:12 AM

do you still play capos aswell bro
i still play like i did in 5 going for throw setups but rodeo seems to do no damage now
im looking for some tech traps aswell any tips bro been trying f+4~3 and f+3,4 but they dont track well at all

Yeah, I still play Christie (I can only play Christie lol)

They took out tech traps as of T5DR, can't do those anymore.

Capo strength is Oki and relax mixups.

The way I play works against rushdowns and scrubs you counter poke after your pokes, I have to slow it down against turtlers and opportunists (bastards)

anyway, the most basic setups/baiting tactics i have is, jab poke and go for d/f+2 CH into combo, or poke into b+2 or d/b+1+2 into combo.

what you also want to do is for any move that can go into rlx or hsp, just mix it up.  sometimes after a move, don't go into a stance.  and then from there, mix it up again, from rlx you can go 4~3 or 3~4 into combo, from HSP you can interrupt with 4, or d, ws~3+4 into combo

Pretty much mixups.  which i actually don't do enough of... (i love rlx 4~3 too much).

as for her oki, qcf+3 is your friend.  most of the time, if they try to get up the wrong way, it resets her bound and you get to combo all over again.
<PSN> Kriselda

Pinolicious

Na, I don't think Tekken has a flowchart char like Ken.  More like flowchart players.

I mean, devil jin, you see people doing eye lasers.

or kazuya spamming hellsweeps and jumping hellsweeps.

it's like, they find a characters signiture move that's similar to the flashiness of ken shoryuken (and the glee one gets when the mash it and it actually connects), and they spam the crap out of it.

also, there are actually some mash friendly characters, baek, christie/eddy.  just mash kicks and they'll mixup their high/low kick strings.
<PSN> Kriselda

Barnstorm

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 03, 2009, 01:00:16 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on December 03, 2009, 09:37:12 AM

do you still play capos aswell bro
i still play like i did in 5 going for throw setups but rodeo seems to do no damage now
im looking for some tech traps aswell any tips bro been trying f+4~3 and f+3,4 but they dont track well at all

Yeah, I still play Christie (I can only play Christie lol)

They took out tech traps as of T5DR, can't do those anymore.

Capo strength is Oki and relax mixups.

The way I play works against rushdowns and scrubs you counter poke after your pokes, I have to slow it down against turtlers and opportunists (bastards)

anyway, the most basic setups/baiting tactics i have is, jab poke and go for d/f+2 CH into combo, or poke into b+2 or d/b+1+2 into combo.

what you also want to do is for any move that can go into rlx or hsp, just mix it up.  sometimes after a move, don't go into a stance.  and then from there, mix it up again, from rlx you can go 4~3 or 3~4 into combo, from HSP you can interrupt with 4, or d, ws~3+4 into combo

Pretty much mixups.  which i actually don't do enough of... (i love rlx 4~3 too much).

as for her oki, qcf+3 is your friend.  most of the time, if they try to get up the wrong way, it resets her bound and you get to combo all over again.

Yeah sorry i did know that tech traps were removed
i actually mean what can be done against tech rollers to stop them teching

as far as i can tell teching is the best option everytime against most characters

and i think i play the opposite of you as i work better with a bit of breathing room to mix up and force counter hits/throw

Pinolicious

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 03, 2009, 02:11:46 PM

Yeah sorry i did know that tech traps were removed
i actually mean what can be done against tech rollers to stop them teching

as far as i can tell teching is the best option everytime against most characters

Eeww, if you tech everytime, you can get caught with mixup throw/launcer

if they consistently tech, just run up to them and throw.  they will start ducking, so you mixup with a launcher

now, you 'could' break the throw rather than ducking, but if you mixup your throws, they have to use the right throw break to get out of it.

in the past, you could just buffer all 3x throw escapes with 2,1(hold)2, i don't think this works anymore (could be wrong).
<PSN> Kriselda

massi4h

Christie = Eddie = mash both kicks and forward :) Yeah we banned Eddie in our playing of T3 last year lol. Him, Gon and Dr. B were all too cheap for us. Random team battle Eddie or Mokujin Eddie were the coolest lol.

Darkf0rge

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 03, 2009, 12:26:58 PM
Is Lars thrashed online? I better not be maining the T6 flowchart Ken.

Lars is considered one of the, if not the highest tier character in the game. His UF+3 is absolute bullshit and takes priority over just about everything.  ;D

I hate the prick, both character and storyline wise. Him and alisa are far to Anime for my tastes, but yeah I dont really think there are flowchart characters in this game really. The closest to that is the spam type characters, which if played like that are pretty easy to beat.

Then we had the pre online expereince. Where you had people abusing the hell out of Kazuya's rising sun to triple kick, basically because it was near impossible to block the entire string with all the input lag. (I was a little guilty of this myself along with the lazer just because you were actually punished for playing the game properly and would lose) This is changed now and most of the poeple doing that have moved onto characters they can mash with.

Cant wait for my mod parts to turn up so I bit the bullet and brought me a new TE for the PS3. I'll be rocking Ps3 BRO tommmrow night.

Pinolicious

Quote from: Darkf0rge on December 03, 2009, 04:02:53 PM

Cant wait for my mod parts to turn up so I bit the bullet and brought me a new TE for the PS3. I'll be rocking Ps3 BRO tommmrow night.

Add me, PSN = Kriselda

WHOO WHOO
<PSN> Kriselda

fluxcore

Yeah, I didn't really mean that Lars is flowchart, just that he has a few moves which really do all you want, and isn't really that complex?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

oh and yeah Gino and I tried playing this, was absolute shit. Even after the patch. Couldn't juggle, even the char select screen lagged. Terrible.

We then played a perfect game of A2 on GGPO straight afterwards.

SMD Namco.

Pity, because the game is probably better than SFIV.

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on December 07, 2009, 10:37:13 AM
oh and yeah Gino and I tried playing this, was absolute shit. Even after the patch. Couldn't juggle, even the char select screen lagged. Terrible.

We then played a perfect game of A2 on GGPO straight afterwards.

SMD Namco.

Pity, because the game is probably better than SFIV.

I actually think its close to on par with sf4 in the way it is very noob friendly and random shit can give u a win

was playing on saturday night with a lot of the old school tekken guys (tag-DR) and they see things much the same

and the lag is barely noticable on a 4-5 bar in my experience

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I dunno aye, I used to love Tekken and hated SF. But now its different, I rented the game and before it even had to go back , I was playing SF. I thin it's cos SF's new to me and when I was playing Tekken it felt like the old games. Plus the games with my friends were a bit more even, something I didnt like.

Juggles are cool though, all part of the game.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Darkf0rge

You sure you just didnt have a temporary bad connection Flux?

As long as it's green/Teal I get a pretty much flawless connection most of the time, with no dicernable input delay at all, and even with a slight delay I get on the yellow conenction I can still juggle. but every now and then I think the network shits itself and you get some bad matches even on a full bar connection.

I haven't picked up Sf4 since tekken came out. There is two much crap in that game that irk's me. I think there is a pretty good reason why Tekken is number 1 in the japanese arcades (and has been for months) and SFIV has fallen of the chart. But yeah trying real hard not to turn this into SF4 vs tekken because it's a pointless discussion really. I just hope the new update to Streetfighter IV fixes all the shit I hate in the current game.

I have just seen this but Ill add you tonight kriselda

fluxcore

It was 2 or 1 bars depending on when I looked. Absolute bullshit. He's in the same city as me, and we get fine connections in everything else.

HoneyBadger

How much crap is "two much" crap? What irks you?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA