• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkf0rge

That's fucked up man. I played a few player matches with a mate on the other side of the city yesturday, it was teal/green and pretty much flawless.... I have also played a guy in gisborne (like 6-8 hours away) and it was still green, and prefectly playable.

I have the game on both consoles though, and I have been playing on Ps3 because the game seems more stable and there are some confirmed bugs with the 360 version. You also can't disable voice chat on 360 which add's to the lag.  Another patch is scheduled end of Dec/ early Jan.

The good thing about the netcode is it isn't even on the game disk, so if they are on to it they will use this current gen platform to refine their netcode. Namco claimed (through markman) that they would support the game long after release, so hopefully it will continue to see improvement.

Darkf0rge

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 07, 2009, 12:40:52 PM
How much crap is "two much" crap? What irks you?

Well if you have ever seen david sirlin's article on his thoughts on SFIV (I can't be arsed finding it atm but I will if you want later.) He nails it on the head. I loved HD remix, that was a good quality Streetfighter title with excelent online. but basically...

All the counter picking.... My main Guile being nerfed in the bum continuously in each iteration. I don't mind playing a lower tier character, at all. Hell my main is kazuya in tekken BR. But, For example in Sf4 most of the time guile's ultra does less than Sagat's normal dragon. Where is the sense in that?

Have you seen all the tech data they have on the characters, I think sagat has even a larger life pool than everyone else! not even bringing into the equation all of Sagats other bullshit, like FADC from high kick into ridiculous combo's for insane damage that are fairly easy to do. I am picking on sagat because it's what springs to mind immedately but...

Then we have things like Blankas slide hitting people out of the fucking air that are comming down to kick him clean in the face.  ::) . Basically all the move priorities are messed up. All the time in that game I will be playing with my mates and we are looking at the screen with eyebrows raised. I rarely get this feeling in tekken 6. If im stuffed by a move it generally makes sense, and I don't find myself yelling BULLSHIT! at the screen haha.

I really hate the floaty jumps as well, and I am not that big of a fan of the stylistic graphics and some of the animation looks really awkward, like Mortal combat fat bastard motion capture awkward. In the end It's kind of Ex for me all over again. (ok thats an exageration but you get the picture.)

I think I have already touched on the whole getting rewarded (with an ultra) for getting your ass kicked dealeo...

All the console exclusive characters feel under-developed and without the arcade they werent balanced properly.

Don't get me wrong though for all my complaints, I do like the game, I played it relentlessly when it first came out, but now it just bores me a bit. I don't see this happening for me in tekken 6, I will be playing this game for years. It's really an opinion thing and each to their own. I am sure you can probably come up with just as many reasons why tekken is worse maybe more. But it's a game that just resonates with me alot more than a bunch of guys throwing fireballs at each other. It's apples and oranges.

But, I can't stress enough that I have great hopes for Super Streetfighter IV, because I did have alot of fun with the original until it got tiresome for me. SO I will definately be picking it up.

I think Tekken 6 is just alot more balanced. But that's the advantage of having your games expantion released at the arcade and having years of play testing in that environment. So hopefully SSFIV is going to be the vast improvement I think it will be.

HoneyBadger

... I think you're just bad at SF4 bro.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I typed up one of my infamous marathon posts giving the opposite side of all (more like a slight majority tbh :P) your arguments, and then got to the end and realised that we both end up arguing that its all a bigass opinion battle that noone can possibly win.

Taking that into consideration, the nutshell i was going to get at was that you have valid arguments, though i personally believe youre taking them out of proportion.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Darkf0rge

I admit I am not a "master" at SFIV, but I'm definately not a scrub. I do pretty well competitively online when the connection is good, and last time I was in Auckland. (we dont have a cab down here, but two Tekken 6's. dont know why) I didn't have much problem with the competition there at the time. I hit about a 12 win streak with guile before I got taken down by a gief player. I am not complaining cause I lose. I don't like the game because I lose all the time. (Hell I lose all the time in tekken 6)

In the end the tale of the tape is Tekken 6 BR is still the most popular Arcade game in Japan and has been for months, it was actually released before SFIV and that game has slipped to about 7th last time I checked. i.e not even on the radar. Korea even has a tv show dedicated to professional tekken competiton.

and yeah I may be blowing things a little out of proportion. But like I tried to say any thread you have that mentions two fighting games, you are always going to have these discusions and it really is a bit pointless as you say it's all opinion.As Fluxcore said earlier we would be arguing for ever. So I will try to leave it at that. I like both but Ill be exclusively playing tekken until SSFIV comes out and then, well I'll see....

If anyone was interested in the article by the Lead HD remix designer, (also plays Streetfighter professionally I think, here it is.)

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2009/2/22/a-few-things-about-street-fighter-4.html

Barnstorm

darkf0rge

i think your a bit off on this to be honest bro

what you may not know is tekken used to be extremely technical with frame data etc
now though with the crush system its like having an ultra the entire round and frame data doesnt gaurantee any thing now(except a jab maybe)

this may be why you said Lars whas top tier which he is not due to the amount of mid moves he has so isnt crushed often

the ultra is different in that it does big damage but
A) you know when your opponent has it and
B) you have to take damage/focus to gain this
which means you can adjust play style to avoid an ultra or you are easily winning(in theor) the match and shouldnt be a problem to finish the opponent off

and to run back the fact sf4 is not as popular as tekken is more than likely due to the ease of entry into the game

i know people who struggle to throw a fireball but can juggle in tekken
and people as a whole hate to lose and hate to have to put in too much effort to learn(especially a game which is supposed to be fun)
which is SF biggest problem of the entry level learning

like i said earlier i was playing with mates on the weekend toothy, def, t4jin who if you play tekken in nz would know these names as mostlikely top 8 and they all said its bullshit noob friendly(exact words)

and you cant bring up counter picking, ST (and HDr) was terrible for counter picks

also i would almost be willing to bet money you wont play this in a year no tekken except tag has had a long life and all the good players i know dont care for this any more eg saturday was their first time to play in 2-3 months

and sf4 i think had the right idea i just dont like or enjoy it as much as older titles
too slow, turtling is generally better than rush, and because of this the characters dont gel well with me

fluxcore

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 07, 2009, 02:17:54 PM

This is all true for Rage as well, isn't it? Personally I think both are stupid, but hey...

Quoteand sf4 i think had the right idea i just dont like or enjoy it as much as older titles
too slow, turtling is generally better than rush, and because of this the characters dont gel well with me

Yup, at least in tekken6 you are in each other's faces the whole time, even if you are both basically just mashing. Instantly better than SF4 imo.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Oh, and I forgot to say, I'd bet money that SSFIV will be just as boring and stupid as SFIV is.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on December 07, 2009, 02:27:08 PM
Quote from: Barnstorm on December 07, 2009, 02:17:54 PM

This is all true for Rage as well, isn't it? Personally I think both are stupid, but hey...

Quoteand sf4 i think had the right idea i just dont like or enjoy it as much as older titles

Yup, at least in tekken6 you are in each other's faces the whole time, even if you are both basically just mashing. Instantly better than SF4 imo.
Rage is not really an issue to me

Steve does 70% on a walled stage off a counter hit b+1 (11 or 12f move) sagat doesnt even do that

and every tekken up to t6 removed alot of the spacing used in previous games eg back dash so you have to be in their face which is a bit gay
i mean it used to be a little like footsies as i see you posted up an article
if you get a chance to watch a tag kenbou's lei haha step to force a whifh and punish with razor rush

like i said i dont care for either game that much i much prefer the older iterations of both

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on December 07, 2009, 02:33:59 PM
Oh, and I forgot to say, I'd bet money that SSFIV will be just as boring and stupid as SFIV is.

and i forgot to say
we will all buy it play it hard for 3-6 months then go back to ST or alpha or marvel

fluxcore

I reckon it'll be shorter, because all the people that already don't like SFIV will be much quicker to drop the same game the second time around.

But yeah, we'll all still buy it.

Lennysaurus

As much as I get hoha about SF4 I am glad for what its done to the community.

And I hope that even is SSFIV isnt what I like, that the next capcom fighter they drop after that might finally suit my tastes a little more.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Darkf0rge

Barnstorm

Well, tekken tag remains my favourite in the series, but until they release that game on Xbox live with GGPO network support (in other words never) I'm leaving it in the past, sadly.

Actually my comments about Lars being top tier isn't actually my opinion, because I agree with you. Tier lists are always a bit debatable But alot of people in the hardcore community like the zaibatsu seem to think so, so thats why I mentioned it before when queried about lars. Personally i'm leaning more towards, Steve and Law being top of the heap atm. (law is made of bullshit)

and yeah I don't really understand your argument about rage vs ultra, you can see when your opponent has rage, you can take measures even to ensure they are dead before they can use it, and yes, in both systems you need to take damage to use it, but in tekken all your opponent needs to do is hit you once end it all. (or not even let you enter rage in the first place) Anyway I agree with Flux both systems are unnesesary and a bit silly. Rage was never a big concern for me in tekken though.

When I mentioned counter picking, I meant in regard to blind select. HD remix had counter matches of course but it didn't matter because you never got to see who your opponent had picked.

Console wise SFIV is definately more popluar than Tekken, due to the casual crowd and lavishes of praise by the ignorant gaming media, which is wierd even though I agree Tekken is very n00b friendly. I stand by my statement that SFIV is far more unbalanced and for all the "n00b bullshit" that tekken 6 has, it still pales in comparisson to the amount of crap you see in SFIV.

I think  just about any character can basically be viable in tekken 6, top tier or not. I really doubt this is the case in SFIV. I would really like to see fei long win a major tournament.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a panda player absolutely clean up all the top tier playing guys down at the arcade, that was amusing... Damn good panda though.

But, yeah in the end SfIV has done alot for the fighting community and i definately give it props for that. I was beginning to think I could say goodbye to fighting games, hopefully the excellent sales of SFIV this year have proven to game's publishes that fighting games are still a viable genre and we start seeing some new innovative franchises..

fluxcore

Quote from: Darkf0rge on December 07, 2009, 03:30:30 PM
I think  just about any character can basically be viable in tekken 6, top tier or not. I really doubt this is the case in SFIV. I would really like to see fei long win a major tournament.

Actually Justin Wong did do that...

HoneyBadger

OMG I JUST SAW JUSTIN WONG BEAT DAIGO WITH FEI LONG!!!!! Justin has raped heaps of players with his Fei.

Where is that bitch on the tiers again? Ohhhh yeeeeeahhh......

At a tournament you can request blind select. Problem solved.

In terms of % most ultra juggles (really the only reliable way to hit them) do a little more than a tekken juggle.

You're still yet to tell us about this "bullshit" in SF4. Your previous post was really flawed.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA