• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BLAZBLUE -Calamity Trigger-

Started by !DIABLO GTR!, November 23, 2008, 01:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE]iRONSoL

and that cat thing is pretty cool. it throws a fucking bowling ball!!
pringles

!DIABLO GTR!

SO uhm...

I finally beat XBAWKs hat guy Sol (Ragna), Jin (Ky) and Iron Tager (Potemkin) with Taokaka (Millia)... the similarities are too obvious and I doubt it will change... (and its like playing a robot)

The white guy that uses Ky is the main person to beat for now... It's always close matches and I always end up losing due to that freeze thing and the awkward teching and stuff... But not as much as getting raped by Arakune...  :D

I can't match most of the faces with the players, so can you guys post which characters you use?
And I need Taokaka combos plz. My mixup and strats are alright now, but I have no idea how to do some of the pretty mainstream good combos... 2A,2A,2B,C,236AAAAAAAAAA,D,duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhh....................
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteThe white guy that uses Ky is the main person to beat for now... It's always close matches and I always end up losing due to that freeze thing and the awkward teching and stuff... But not as much as getting raped by Arakun

Fuck off that guy is useless. Its apalling that any of us can lose to that retard. HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO PLAY. He uses the EXACT SAME PATTERN every time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 13, 2008, 03:01:20 AM
QuoteThe white guy that uses Ky is the main person to beat for now... It's always close matches and I always end up losing due to that freeze thing and the awkward teching and stuff... But not as much as getting raped by Arakun

Fuck off that guy is useless. Its apalling that any of us can lose to that retard. HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO PLAY. He uses the EXACT SAME PATTERN every time.
Yes, I know it seems that way, but the fact that he beats us with that kinda sh!T suggest that he knows how to abuse the system to a certain degree, making him the person to beat at the current moment... :)

Quote from: iRONsoL on December 12, 2008, 09:46:17 PM
and that cat thing is pretty cool. it throws a fucking bowling ball!!
too bad the range is sh!T and it doesn't even gain distance when you charge it...  :(

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteYes, I know it seems that way, but the fact that he beats us with that kinda sh!T suggest that he knows how to abuse the system to a certain degree, making him the person to beat at the current moment...

I couldn't disagree more. Most of us arent used to dealing with such a random and stupid playstyle. He throws out random moves, waits for them to hit, and then follows up with qcb+b, in a ridiculous systematic pattern. Sol and i spent like 3 matches verbalising what he would do next, and didn't get it wrong once. He likes his grab now though, which i suppose at least means i have to learn to try and tech more.

He proceeded to tell me that jin has the "fastest" grab in the game, so it beats out other grabs. Which is bullshit, since not only do ALL characters grab at the same 'speed',but if you grab at the same time, one grab will just tech the other, usually the grab with the lower priority (Admittedly im not sure if 'grab priority' is really a factor in BB)

Also proceeded to tell me that the only way to escape it was a defensive burst. Also bullshit, he just DOESNT KNOW WHAT A TECH THROW IS.

The guy is worse than everyone that plays it. At this point, i still think xbawks hat guy and hiro (when using litchi) are the people to beat.

RANT OVER. The rest of this post will be useful.

HOW TO BEAT RETARD:

His jin is fodder the way he plays it. After the 'ice slide' just use a decent-ranged normal after you block the sword-hit. Most characters will be able to score an easy bnb off of this hit (a bit tough for arakune with the shit range on his normals, but definitely doable)

If he panics and mashes C (which he does A LOT) its easily punishable with any projectile. Arakunes 2D for instance. Just make sure you've been pushed far enough away so that you dont take a hit due to your chars animation. With Taokaka, you might be better off using her mobility to get over him and hit him from the back. Im only speculating on this, since i dont really know a lot about taokaka.

Dodge the swords he throws, and try to tech his grab. Teching is easier said than done, but its not difficult, as you probably already know. You just have to be prepared for him to grab when he gets close on the offensive. Not so much when hes being defensive, since he thinks his best defense is mashing C. Sadly, im terrible at teching throws, so in all honesty, I do have a bit of trouble dealing with this aspect of his gameplay.

Hes extremely easy to beat, and he hasn't improved at all since i perfected him last week. I only get so annoyed when i lose to him is because:

A) I didnt manage to land whatever combo i was trying to land the whole match because he ran away the whole time. (This still annoys me even when i win >_>)

B) Im annoyed at myself for not doing what i shouldve been doing (punishing properly), or because i kept fucking up dive-cancelling arakunes air dash and that stupid fucking forward dive came out instead of j.b. Most of the damage i take is because of this. Comes from a habit playing anakaris in MVC2 unfortunately.

If i didnt do that goddamn dive so much i would win a good 50% more matches.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 13, 2008, 12:15:25 PM
QuoteYes, I know it seems that way, but the fact that he beats us with that kinda sh!T suggest that he knows how to abuse the system to a certain degree, making him the person to beat at the current moment...

I couldn't disagree more. Most of us arent used to dealing with such a random and stupid playstyle. He throws out random moves, waits for them to hit, and then follows up with qcb+b, in a ridiculous systematic pattern. Sol and i spent like 3 matches verbalising what he would do next, and didn't get it wrong once. He likes his grab now though, which i suppose at least means i have to learn to try and tech more.

He proceeded to tell me that jin has the "fastest" grab in the game, so it beats out other grabs. Which is bullshit, since not only do ALL characters grab at the same 'speed',but if you grab at the same time, one grab will just tech the other, usually the grab with the lower priority (Admittedly im not sure if 'grab priority' is really a factor in BB)

Also proceeded to tell me that the only way to escape it was a defensive burst. Also bullshit, he just DOESNT KNOW WHAT A TECH THROW IS.

The guy is worse than everyone that plays it. At this point, i still think xbawks hat guy and hiro (when using litchi) are the people to beat.

RANT OVER. The rest of this post will be useful.

HOW TO BEAT RETARD:

His jin is fodder the way he plays it. After the 'ice slide' just use a decent-ranged normal after you block the sword-hit. Most characters will be able to score an easy bnb off of this hit (a bit tough for arakune with the shit range on his normals, but definitely doable)

If he panics and mashes C (which he does A LOT) its easily punishable with any projectile. Arakunes 2D for instance. Just make sure you've been pushed far enough away so that you dont take a hit due to your chars animation. With Taokaka, you might be better off using her mobility to get over him and hit him from the back. Im only speculating on this, since i dont really know a lot about taokaka.

Dodge the swords he throws, and try to tech his grab. Teching is easier said than done, but its not difficult, as you probably already know. You just have to be prepared for him to grab when he gets close on the offensive. Not so much when hes being defensive, since he thinks his best defense is mashing C. Sadly, im terrible at teching throws, so in all honesty, I do have a bit of trouble dealing with this aspect of his gameplay.

Hes extremely easy to beat, and he hasn't improved at all since i perfected him last week. I only get so annoyed when i lose to him is because:

A) I didnt manage to land whatever combo i was trying to land the whole match because he ran away the whole time. (This still annoys me even when i win >_>)

B) Im annoyed at myself for not doing what i shouldve been doing (punishing properly), or because i kept fucking up dive-cancelling arakunes air dash and that stupid fucking forward dive came out instead of j.b. Most of the damage i take is because of this. Comes from a habit playing anakaris in MVC2 unfortunately.

If i didnt do that goddamn dive so much i would win a good 50% more matches.

........................................................ :-X :-X :-X
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

JoeKage

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 13, 2008, 03:01:20 AM

Find your centre bro. Calm and Centred. Anyway watching you play has inspired me to play this game hard out so in a while I'll be up for some challenges  ;) ;)
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck calm. This game is about ANGER.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 14, 2008, 12:33:58 PM
Fuck calm. This game is about ANGER.
I agree...  :) The lower the life bar gets, the more reckless I become...  :D

Reminds me of the time in #RELOAD when I was 5% lifebar remaining against XBAWKs 100% lifebar, and I was like, fark it, I'm going to lose... So I just reckless rushed him down and won... Then I was like, wait... wut?  ???

Arakune is hard to block... Especially since I can't tell what the moves look like besides that flying attack with the jabbing spear things...  :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea, once youre marked, you tend to get hit by shit that comes from nowhere. I would'nt have a clue how to fight him.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea. It kind of balances his high damage output + ridiculous ease of use.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

so hes basically this games akuma.

!DIABLO GTR!

Waaaaaaaaay easier than Akuma... This guy can combo from half a screen away. It's a good thing I've found a way to exploit countering it. Now the real problem is figuring out what the heck Jin is doing and what moves do what... THey shjould at least make him obvious like Ky, but all of Jin's slash moves look the same...   ;D

Will be down in the evening today...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

They all look the same and are all countered the same way.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.