• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 - 360/PS3 - Feb 09 *$77 from cdwow*

Started by fluxcore, December 03, 2008, 01:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

JoeKage

Sweeeeeeet PS3 collectors Edition for me. Pre-ordered ;). Now to decide whether or not to get the SFIV Arcade Stick hmmmmmmmmm  :-\
Sage of the 6 Paths

gunsmoke

Quote from: JoeKage on January 07, 2009, 10:39:15 PM
Sweeeeeeet PS3 collectors Edition for me. Pre-ordered ;). Now to decide whether or not to get the SFIV Arcade Stick hmmmmmmmmm  :-\

Get da hori arcade stick man at veganbond is mean man
:P :P :P
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

BTW it has been confirmed that I was correct (and the NZ supplier was wrong): Our collector's edition is the UK version (i.e. both figurines, no soundtrack).

Cool!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

pax_bisonica

I Kinda wanted the soundtrack... but getting both figurines is way better!  Not so much need to get both ltd editions now  ;D ;D My wife WILL be pleased!
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

fluxcore

Will be the hotness

http://streetfighterblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/did-you-miss-1up-game-sf4-night-with.html

for a 50 minute gameplay session with the console version by some SRK members. Tons of cool options (INDIVIDUAL character jap/eng voice change options! Vertical placement of the ultra/super bar!), awesome looking trial mode... I didn't think I could look forward to this more, but now I am!

(probably going to play Rose I think)
[still need an arcade char though... rufus maybe?]
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on January 17, 2009, 08:16:58 PM
Will be the hotness

http://streetfighterblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/did-you-miss-1up-game-sf4-night-with.html

for a 50 minute gameplay session with the console version by some SRK members. Tons of cool options (INDIVIDUAL character jap/eng voice change options! Vertical placement of the ultra/super bar!), awesome looking trial mode... I didn't think I could look forward to this more, but now I am!

(probably going to play Rose I think)
[still need an arcade char though... rufus maybe?]

Rufus is kinda boring albeit hilarious cos of all the funny shit that happens during a rufus match . Play viper she's the most fun to play imo but pretty execution intensive for such a simple game. Hell any of the new chars are fun

Elixir

Watching now. Looks like they've put a lot of effort into it.

Orochi

Quote from: fluxcore on January 17, 2009, 08:16:58 PMINDIVIDUAL character jap/eng voice change options!

Now THAT is what I'm talking about.

Cammy's english VA is hot sounding :D

If only my 360 hadn't died again...

fluxcore

Just BTW, Red Ant (the AU/NZ distributor of Capcom) has gone bust, so whether this will get a release over here is a bit up-in-the-air atm. More news as it comes.

I'm sure firstgames.co.nz will be able to get us some from the UK if worst comes to worst though.

Elixir

Fuck. Looks like I'll have to import a pad from Play-Asia, or something. Their standard 360 stick is $100USD though, so I'm not too sure where else I should try.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Elixir on January 21, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
Fuck. Looks like I'll have to import a pad from Play-Asia, or something. Their standard 360 stick is $100USD though, so I'm not too sure where else I should try.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-2-49-en-15-hori+stick-70-26p2.html

Is looking like the option im gonna go for. $80 US, so $150 NZ, plus whatever postage is. Still pretty expensive.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Cool, false alarm, ppl: http://www.edge-online.com/news/capcom-quells-australia-release-fears

However it probably will still turn out cheaper getting it from firstgames tbh.

Elixir

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 21, 2009, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: Elixir on January 21, 2009, 09:54:23 AM

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-2-49-en-15-hori+stick-70-26p2.html

Is looking like the option im gonna go for. $80 US, so $150 NZ, plus whatever postage is. Still pretty expensive.

Don't buy this, it's shit. The black HRAP (which a friend of mine, HeartNana, bought) is also pretty shitty because it uses a fake JLF and Hori buttons, soldered to the PCB.

The SFIV sticks are basically the only option, and the SFIV pad is basically the only worthwhile 360 controller. I'll probably get the pad first and the sticks later. I just finished modding a HRAP1 which I received from Japan, so I'm not in the mood to mod anything further right now.