• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV TE stick...

Started by fluxcore, December 23, 2008, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

True i'll give it a try, yeah i can do akuma's one too, and Sagats one and Abels, it because Ryu's one on 1pl side when i DP cancel after the dash i cant do df df motion quick enough, its too awkward, but heaps of time after Sagats hk and Abels cr hp, and well akumas one is tottaly different motion, and same as Ken , i can do his because of his DP hits a few times and it gives me more time. Its just that stupid fucking Ryu one on 1pl side pisses me off so bad i quit after failing it like 20 times. I know have to practice but it's boring, it was allright the first time because your learning something new but second time around.....it sux balls.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I personally FADC in a really strange way, but it works pretty well (for me).

eg. Same combo: dp+p, F + FA, F + FA, Ultra.

I find it easier to hit the FA twice as im inputting the dash, since i am the LEAST ambidextrous person in the world. The second FA input doesnt actually DO anything, it just feels easier for me to do it that way. Plus, it means the FADC becomes 2 simple inputs, as opposed to the standard 3 (FA, f, f), similar to what electric was posting.

Its almost the same principle as plinking Akuma's demon.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh man that ones fucking mental bill. My jab buttons starting to stick already, ive only had it for a week and i push the buttons gentle as, i think i spilt beer on it, it's the only thing in my room that didn't  have beer on it DAMN!!.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

the other interesting way of doing it is something along the following:

dp + p, dp + FA, ultra.

if you do the dp + FA right it should auto-dash.

This trick is actually supposed to be for Viper's free focus dash cancel glitch, where you do something like
j.hk, hp, ex seismo, (wait), dp ending in up + FA, ultra
Because you end the dp motion in up, it counts as a superjump cancel and gives you a focus dash with no ex usage. There are other ways of performing it but this is by far the easiest.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Whoaaaa i never knew you could do it that way, but after that you can just straight ultra anyway, dont need to cancel and shit unless your a mile away. Talking bout viper. I tried that df dashing one electric was saying but he just ducks and doesn't dash, maybe i read it wrong.

zos'la

piece of cake :P
Bill you're not the only only double double dashes :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

the DF dash thing is pretty easy to do... to simulate it...

hold DF, then tap focus, go to neutral, then tap forward -- once you get that sussed, you can just tack it on to the end of your dragon punch
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on September 18, 2009, 09:23:27 AM
the DF dash thing is pretty easy to do... to simulate it...

hold DF, then tap focus, go to neutral, then tap forward -- once you get that sussed, you can just tack it on to the end of your dragon punch
Oh yeah ok, i thought thats what i was doing, i had the input on and everything. I started to get it sussed anyway by practicing longer then 10 mins in practice , I just need to get it back to automatic mode, tune it in to my muscle memory.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

It's been a month now, still cant do Ryu's and Rufus's FADC on one player side for shit, went back to pad to see how i was doing it on that, and to much surprise i cant even do it on pad now!!!!!, scary shit.

On SRK they say it took them 3 months maybe even more and it took S-Kill 3 months just to get used to japanese ball top, and he already knew button layout and shit so what a retard.

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 07, 2009, 08:45:42 AM
On SRK they say it took them 3 months maybe even more and it took S-Kill 3 months just to get used to japanese ball top, and he already knew button layout and shit so what a retard.

S-Kill is a big retard anyway since he rocks it dragon style (cross handed)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

He's won more tourneys than you two probably ever will... but anyway...

Weazzy, tried turning on the input display so you can see what you're doing wrong? Tried my dp + focus method?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

....this is a common problem for players who are RIGHT handed and especially when you learn it wrong the first time.. pointing to myself. :)
its a matter of spending time in practice mode mate.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on October 07, 2009, 09:00:09 AM
He's won more tourneys than you two probably ever will
No shit.

Quote from: fluxcore on October 07, 2009, 09:00:09 AM
Weazzy, tried turning on the input display so you can see what you're doing wrong? Tried my dp + focus method?
Nah your ways fucked up bro, you gotta do the middle really quick and thats the motion i 'm having trouble with.

Yeah i got the input on, everythings good but the ultra is all these retarded directions, because after the dash i cant df,df properly, probably due to me freaking out. I can just stand there and ultra all day doing it slowly, but after the FADC i try too hard to get it to come out before they fall and the motions are a phat fail. Some times i get it 5 times in a row then i just lose it completely and start going backwards lol. Need to start practicing 5 hours a day AGAIN.

Gino

It took me a long time to get used to the ball top sticks. I could never ever use them whenever I went to yifans or any arcade that had them. But now, well I obviously wouldn't use anything else.