• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

KoF XII (worldwide) 360/PS3 - July 28th 09

Started by fluxcore, December 28, 2008, 11:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

The game broke street date last night, which is technically false because it wouldn't have had a street date unless it was called HALO or something. But anyway, a fair few homes in the US have it now, courtesy of GameStop.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
Supports 1080p! Wooo!
Loading times! Wooo!
Shitty netplay! Wooo! (So far, it hasn't even been out a day yet, wait for proper release date to make sure)

Other gaming sites still list it as July 28th! My pre-order is still sitting there!

CptMunta

Quote from: OROCHI on July 25, 2009, 04:04:24 PM
The game broke street date last night, which is technically false because it wouldn't have had a street date unless it was called HALO or something. But anyway, a fair few homes in the US have it now, courtesy of GameStop.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
Supports 1080p! Wooo!
Loading times! Wooo!
Shitty netplay! Wooo! (So far, it hasn't even been out a day yet, wait for proper release date to make sure)

Other gaming sites still list it as July 28th! My pre-order is still sitting there!

Netplays got me worried. Looks helluva fun though. Maybe I'll rent before buying. I'll hit you up online for some games crusty netplay and all if I get my hands on a copy.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Orochi

getting mixed reports now, some people are loving the netplay, but it's about 40% so far, should be a day1 patch anyway

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

cool , let you know what its like online later tommorow
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Orochi

Wait until after the 28th, the game should get a patch, it's not even technically out yet.

People are however, noting that the game feels really good, which is a plus.

Elixir

shit net code.

wtb> street hoop, magical drop 3, garou and bubble bobble with good online netcode. go.

Orochi

Yeah, lets all jump on the bandwagon before it's departed from the station!

New servers are being implemented tomorrow along with updates for the games when they're officially released.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

I took my copy over to lennys this weekend .
I really really like it , need to spend some more time with it but it looks good and its a nice change from SF4 .
Yay KOF12 :)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

stereomonkey

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on August 02, 2009, 07:41:40 PM
I took my copy over to lennys this weekend .
I really really like it , need to spend some more time with it but it looks good and its a nice change from SF4 .
Yay KOF12 :)

Euan's gone to the dark side :(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Orochi

Oho, someone else in NZ has it ?

Awesome :D

I've been playing it with my friends, everyone is really keen on getting into the game properly, I'm so happy

maelgrim

I can't remember when I last saw so many negative reviews / hate for a fighting game.
But glad to see you guys enjoying it - maybe it is worth a closer look.
I did see B1ackstar's copy running in the weekend & looked like fun, though it will take a lot to drag me off BB :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Orochi

There are some bad points, but if you get it for a pure VS fighter, you're going to enjoy it for a long LOOOONG time.

Unless you want to play online, which they're having an announcement for this week regarding a new patch. (They're testing new netplay atm)

stereomonkey

Thats actually cool of them doing that.  Usually once the game is out and it plays online then that would be all they gave a shit about.

Lennysaurus

Im actually really enjoying this.  They have made it nice and simple.

One thing that always detterred me from KOF is having to learn a whole team, and normally your average KOF dude has multiple specials normals and other stuff to learn.  Its heaops easier this time round as all the characters are nice and simple.

Also the redone graphics are AWESOME!!!  I fucking love the new Clarke and Ralf.  When Clarke does the Argentine Back Breaker I pee my pants just a little bit.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 04, 2009, 06:28:07 PM
Im actually really enjoying this.  They have made it nice and simple.

One thing that always detterred me from KOF is having to learn a whole team, and normally your average KOF dude has multiple specials normals and other stuff to learn.  Its heaops easier this time round as all the characters are nice and simple.

Also the redone graphics are AWESOME!!!  I fucking love the new Clarke and Ralf.  When Clarke does the Argentine Back Breaker I jizz my pants just a lot.