• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

More games getting the HD Remix treatment.

Started by geneterror, March 13, 2009, 09:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

QuoteGreat news for fighting game fans. Capcom isn't done with HD Remixes, and one fighting game that could be next for the treatment is Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the company has revealed.

Capcom has enjoyed terrific success with Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, released on Xbox LIVE late last year and more recently on PSN. As of late last year, official figures showed the game had sold 250,000 units, shattering both day one and week one sales records.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com, Capcom's Christian Svensson, vice president, business development and strategic planning, said that while "not every game needs it", the company was "potentially" going to apply the HD Remix treatment to other fighting games in its back catalogue.

He said: "Are we done doing HD Remixes? No we're not done. But the next ones that we do will be even better, based on what we learned."

When asked if Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was a game that didn't need the HD Remix treatment, Svensson replied: "I won't say it doesn't need it. Marvel would be great to do. There's obviously a fan base for it. It's probably our most requested title. Unfortunately, I wish I had news to share on that front but I don't."

The chances of Capcom making Marvel vs. Capcom 3, however, are less likely. "I would never say never but I would say the barriers to doing that are much higher than the barriers for MvC2," said Svensson.
http://www.videogamer.com/news/capcom_were_not_done_with_hd_remixes.html
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Please just don't let Americans do the new art this time.

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 13, 2009, 10:45:50 AM

If they'd gone with Udon exclusively right from the start I'm pretty sure it would have looked a lot better...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on March 13, 2009, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 13, 2009, 10:45:50 AM

If they'd gone with Udon exclusively right from the start I'm pretty sure it would have looked a lot better...

Yeah and I like their noodles too!

:P :P :P :P

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

In seriousness though I would love them to HD Remix up a Darkstalkers game.... A friend and I used to have the mad challenges on that lol

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I don't know what to think about an HD remix of MVC2. It would look awesome, but a rebalance would ruin things imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on March 13, 2009, 11:35:49 AM

I guess it comes down to taste. I really dislike the Udon art style. But I know there are people out there that do like it.  :-\

fluxcore

Ok, well at the very least if Omar Dogan (see SF Legends Sakura, Chun Li) did it, I would jizz my pants.

!DIABLO GTR!

PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

iMagneto

i honestly like the udon art work it would be good if they anime it~

Orochi

CrazyMobius

Fair enough. Just looks like fan art to me though.

iMagneto

Orochi

To me, the HD remix art is awful. It was much better when they had all the little details drawn into the character sprites, but went sour when they made it simpler.

HD on old games is a stupid idea anyway, wouldn't it be better to just make a new game?

They need a new Darkstalkers game anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing that in SF4 graphics.