• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Hi lol.

I can't let my buddy Akuma down.

And hey I caught you with so many tatsu assists but couldn't even pull off my tempest...

I can't even use Mag anymore so can't even do a normal Mag air combo anymore lol. Wasn't able to link the grav's to tempests.

I really should learn to use a team without Akuma like MSP. 

CrazyMobius

Is the demo out in NZ on PS3 yet?

HoneyBadger

Just make a US acc >:D
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CptMunta

I have my doubts of a simultaneous world wide release though. After all the pissing around with ST HD Remix and PF HD Remix. I doubt the Euro AU/NZ PSN stores will have a release even remotely close to the US release.

Maybe it was rejected by Sony because of the way backbone widescreened the game and they didn't know they did it that way on purpose  ::)  ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

Quote from: massi4h on June 06, 2009, 01:28:28 PM
And hey I caught you with so many tatsu assists but couldn't even pull off my tempest...

that is true. but i was using rowtron and im rubbish with that team. cant use magneto to save my life. i basically run with scrubclops if peeps are playing serious.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I was using Akuma/Sent/Tron for like a week. That shit was hell fun. And if you really REALLY have to use akuma, youre probably better off using that team than Mag/Storm/Akuma. The tatsu assist it great, but if youre using akuma just for the assist then youre better off dropping him for someone else. I dont think you are btw. Which is why im suggesting A/S/T

With Akuma/Sent/Tron, you can score big damage from almost anything.

If you've got akuma on point, Sent's drones help akuma with zoning, so you can lock shit down with his air fireballs. (No, really. This ACTUALLY works.) And tron's assist compliments everything on offense, And it sets you up to combo into whatever you like with akuma.

Assuming, you have Sent on point as opposed to akuma, then the tatsu assist is basically a free HSF, and the tron assist just needs a couple of stomps thrown in to make it worth while. (It doesnt really NEED the stomps, but you can laugh as you do 2 hits + assist and kill 50% of your opponents life.

If you HAVE to use akuma, i definitely recommend pairing him with sent and a good assist. (tron-proj, doom-aa etc)

Bear in mind that while this can be relatively strong, playing with any 'low-tier' character (Particularly in this game) is like playing with a hand tied behind your back when you come up against stronger teams. You can win, but my god are you going to have to work for it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Problem is I've never practiced with sent, so I can't use him at all. I can't even link that extending arm move into another super or do any sort of flying or air combo with him. Tron, I've pretty much never used as well, but I could pick her up possibly.

On Thursday, I managed to beat Hue on my 4th game with MS/Akuma. Even managed to use akumas assist for an easy snapback infinite (too bad I let it go, because that's the first time I've set one up lol). He was using MS(sent I think)P as well iirc. Managed to take both his last guys out (sent and psylocke) with my Akuma when they were both around half hp. That was pretty awesome.

When it comes out on 360, I might have a bit more of a mess around with the other characters, but when the money's on the line, I'll probably stick to this team or MSP.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on June 21, 2009, 12:51:04 PM
Problem is I've never practiced with sent, so I can't use him at all. I can't even link that extending arm move into another super or do any sort of flying or air combo with him. Tron, I've pretty much never used as well, but I could pick her up possibly.

On Thursday, I managed to beat Hue on my 4th game with MS/Akuma. Even managed to use akumas assist for an easy snapback infinite (too bad I let it go, because that's the first time I've set one up lol). He was using MS(sent I think)P as well iirc. Managed to take both his last guys out (sent and psylocke) with my Akuma when they were both around half hp. That was pretty awesome.

When it comes out on 360, I might have a bit more of a mess around with the other characters, but when the money's on the line, I'll probably stick to this team or MSP.

I HIGHLY recommend learning sent if youre going to use akuma. As for tron, shes more in there for the assist than anything else. Just like Psylocke in MSP.

Because youre replacing psylocke with akuma, youre throwing away a lot of your options. Its almost better to dump mags or storm, but again, youre losing options. MSP's strength is the way the 3 characters synergise with each other. Thats the way most decent teams work in marvel. Mag/storm/akuma lacks synergy. Its not TERRIBLE, but its not great either. Akuma/sent/tron works a lot better as a team. Even if you want to dump tron for another generic but good assist (Doom, IM, capcom etc) then it works the same way.

You dont need a hell of a lot to be able to use sent effectively. He's not really about air combos. (Not until you get good with him anyway) But learning rocket punch xx HSF is crucial.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

thanks for the tips. Was that your post number 1000 as well?

I used to mainly play MP/Akuma, but only used storm so I can DHC into her from tempests (cause it does so much damage when I mash really fast lol). I find psylocke is one of my best characters just by themself as well. CapCom might be a good one for me to pick up.

But yeah my sent is REALLY BAD. The only way I ever link into HSF is through cr.HK->lp rocket punch.

Sent is just like a character on his own, you gotta learn him and he is so intense. I can see akumas assist being good when he's flying

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on June 21, 2009, 04:24:50 PM
thanks for the tips. Was that your post number 1000 as well?

OH SNAPZ

Quote from: massi4h on June 21, 2009, 04:24:50 PM
I used to mainly play MP/Akuma, but only used storm so I can DHC into her from tempests (cause it does so much damage when I mash really fast lol). I find psylocke is one of my best characters just by themself as well. CapCom might be a good one for me to pick up.

But yeah my sent is REALLY BAD. The only way I ever link into HSF is through cr.HK->lp rocket punch.

Sent is just like a character on his own, you gotta learn him and he is so intense. I can see akumas assist being good when he's flying

I DO get what you mean about sent. And mine is pretty crap too. But you dont need his intricacies to play him. He is quite easy to pick up, but one of the harder characters to master. Ok, if you dont want (feel ready?) for sent yet, thats all good. If youve seen high level sents (which it sounds like you have) he can be pretty intimidating. But anyway, im not gonna force you to learn a character you dont want to learn at this point. Im in it for teh funz in the long run.

You seem to like MSP, and i would say to keep playing that team, rather than subbing in akuma.

The problem with lower tier characters (well, ONE of the problems anyway) is that in order to be effective, they generally need to be backed up by a team that supports them. This is why i recommended sent, because he's basically a one man army, and can support whoever he likes whenever he likes. And tron's assist synergises well with EVERYONE. You dont even need to know how to play her. Just whore that assist out (safely) until the cows come home. It DOES help to know how to play her, but one step at a time eh. :)

Anyway, getting back to using akuma, another option, a little more focused on rushdown would be Akuma/Storm/Tron. For similar reasons. You have good zoning options with storms projectile assist, and good damage options with trons assist. Tatsu assist, again is a free super with storm. (Just bear in mind that it doesnt benefit her quite as much as sent, but in the long run you DO have the tron assist)

You have the added advantage of a slightly better DHC when storm is on the team, but sent can take considerably more of a pounding, and his DHC is almost as good off the bat, but can potentially lead to bigger damage. Sent has better distancing options, but storm has the almighty runaway.

Both teams i suggested lack anti-air options. With the sent based team, you can drop tron for a good AA assist and youre set, but with the storm based team, you lose a bit of effectiveness with storm and akuma if you sub in an AA. I am pushing a rushdown playstyle with both mind you, and thats what im basing a lot of what im saying on. But if you favour teams like MSP, then i imagine you play rushdown primarily anyway. If youre looking for something a little different, i can probably come up with something else. :) (I heart teh low tier discussionz)

Oh, and before i forget. Psylocke gives akuma almost nothing. An air combo/ OTG if they dont roll? Underwhelming imo. There are better options if you're running akuma.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

huh?lol bill is back......Omega time ;D ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

msp msp msp msp msp msp

i dont know if u remember me mr msakuma dude, but i played you at rvb....

one thing i noticed you do alot is block low too much. Hopefully you've gotten past that cos that was the only thing wrong, apart from that, your algud bro.....just a couple more games of practicing then your execution should get better and just yeah. Once this comes out on 360 you'll be sweet as, and to see that you beat hue aswell haha, good work.

and even tho bill did write us an encyclopedia article above, just do what  ya feel...

msakuma is algud.....that bloody hurricane kick assist.... >:(

u could try mag/Ironman/akuma...... im sure ive seen u use that team before, or might be someone else
The New Generation Clockw0rk

kingpiccolo

but really just go team Z.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: kingpiccolo on June 23, 2009, 10:47:45 AM
but really just go team Z.

::) ::) ::) :P

yeah right
The New Generation Clockw0rk

massi4h

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember you. My IM is pretty much like my sent, so you probably haven't seen it. You're right about execution, especially with my mags, trying to learn the rom infinite, just can't really get it down, not even in xvsf with a 3xpunch key.

Yeah I'm taking it all in. Tried sent/akuma/tron today at Uni (cause it's 50c) and yay LP wasn't working, so couldn't really do much there. I was connecting the rocket punch to HSF's though which was good.

Problem I think with sent/akuma/tron is that the team seems mostly based around sent and when I can't do big damage with him, its a bit of a waste. Akuma is usually an assist character, til late game where I bust him out and sometimes get some good damage in (hurricane kick in air combo does so much damage). When I'm down at yifan's I'll definitely try out that team though.
I mildy know how to use CapCom as a 1v1 character (I guess he's pretty much the same as in MVC1 lol) so might also try subbing him in for tron, and his aa assist is awesome.

Thanks for the tips guys.