• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

well, Not really imporved I would say, execution wise he has. apart from that its jsut a knock down from the start of till the end.

Yes I know my execution is REALLY bad. I seem tobe a slow learner for this particular one... its like since the first day i saw that fadc ultra move i was CURSED!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2009, 06:43:19 PM
well, Not really imporved I would say, execution wise he has. apart from that its jsut a knock down from the start of till the end.

Yes I know my execution is REALLY bad. I seem tobe a slow learner for this particular one... its like since the first day i saw that fadc ultra move i was CURSED!!!

Im completely the opposite.  Show me something, and I can do it consistently in a game within very short amounts of time.  

But it takes me a loooooong time to learn spacing and zoning in a game.  I tend to attack waaaaaay too much.

I wish SFIV was just a tad faster.  Too make it more like ST.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on June 16, 2009, 06:44:50 PM
Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 16, 2009, 06:28:02 PM
I wont deny that u cannot do combo,

Dang was that a burn or wot lol
Ur quote missed out my other sentence. And it has a completely different meaning. Lol

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2009, 05:43:42 PM
oh hahaha hey I am SLOW!!! okay ENGLISH is not my first languange so its a bit hard to catch on some of the things people say

Oh, no worries man, it's especially hard on the internet, being unable to see the expression of the person. Was just funny what you actually thought he was replying to :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 16, 2009, 06:45:48 PM
Im completely the opposite.  Show me something, and I can do it consistently in a game within very short amounts of time. 

But it takes me a loooooong time to learn spacing and zoning in a game.  I tend to attack waaaaaay too much.

You're pretty freakish with execution Lenny, definitely one of the best I've encountered.

I on the other hand can generally do things kind of well when I start out, and then lose all ability later on (see my boxer's bnbs and viper FFF). Doesn't make much sense really, but there you go. I can't work out what my strength is in fighting games, other than spending all my waking hours learning completely trivial shit about them.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I wish SFIV was just a tad faster.  Too make it more like ST.
Yeah they need SFIV:Turbo tbh. I'd find that fun.

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on June 16, 2009, 08:09:56 PM
Im completely the opposite.  Show me something, and I can do it consistently in a game within very short amounts of time. 

But it takes me a loooooong time to learn spacing and zoning in a game.  I tend to attack waaaaaay too much.

You're pretty freakish with execution Lenny, definitely one of the best I've encountered.

I on the other hand can generally do things kind of well when I start out, and then lose all ability later on (see my boxer's bnbs and viper FFF). Doesn't make much sense really, but there you go. I can't work out what my strength is in fighting games, other than spending all my waking hours learning completely trivial shit about them.

You are like my Fighting Game Sage, the guy I go to when I want to know stuff ;)

I can't be bothered in actually "learning" to play.  I just fuck around with everybody.

Even in other games, I can't stick to one or two characters I really like.  Oh wait, except for ST Ken and teh knee bash of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

I'm normally very good with execution, but I think what i am doing wrong here is that I am TOO quick when it comes to these combos... like you guys say, hyper fight mode!!!!

As normal, I'll be at yifans about 12:30 - 1 pm
guys come along and have some fun games.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 17, 2009, 09:11:51 AM
I'm normally very good with execution, but I think what i am doing wrong here is that I am TOO quick when it comes to these combos... like you guys say, hyper fight mode!!!!

This trips me up a bit aswell. I think that for you personally (Just a guess here btw) the only time you tend to miss your FADC into ultra is from one particular side of the screen, and it looks like instead of entering the qcfx2 + Ultra motion, youre entering the shoryu shortcut (df x2) and subsequently getting EX shoryuken. (Like you say, because youre doing it a bit quick) Otherwise your speed is fine, just remember you have a big window for Ryu's shoryuken to hit. You can shoryu -> FADC -> wait -> Ultra and that shit will still hit. Its crazy.

No disrespect or anything. Just trying to offer what little advice i can. Actually I dont know why im telling you this. You probably already know it. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah so I can spend another $20 again today. Might have to pass lol, got a big exam tomorrow and Friday...

HoneyBadger

Quote from: massi4h on June 17, 2009, 11:15:07 AM

Yeah so I can spend another $20 again today. Might have to pass lol, got a big exam tomorrow and Friday...

Pussy. Even Koo is less of a pussy than you now. Yeah, I just went there.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

I do :D
but it easy to say than do lol. Just need to have more practice... which I don't because everytime i sit infront of the machine = war with the best in yifans lol....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 17, 2009, 11:36:51 AM
but it easy to say than do lol. Just need to have more practice... which I don't because everytime i sit infront of the machine = war with the best in yifans lol....

Believe me. I know EXACTLY what you mean. :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zosla on June 17, 2009, 11:36:51 AM
BEGINNER MODE !!!! lol :P