• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

imagneto Matches Auckland NZ Yifans

Started by iMagneto, January 28, 2007, 06:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

nah, ill just use one of my professional random teams. he aint got nothin'.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Just thought I'd mention that a guy from SRK/alphaism was looking at some of the vids on this site and said that he thought iMagneto was pretty shit hot...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

After much scrutinizing, me and sol have come to the conclusion that the other person in that vid is joe.

Watch the storm, my storm consists of hail storm dhc and then fluke ac into dhc to sent.

wheres the more vids at.
The New Generation Clockw0rk

samurai black

buy me some batteries and a bigger memory card for my camera and ill record some.

Ryan

Richard, apparently they don't let us record matches anymore at yifans, hence why none of us have been doing so.

Everytime we whoop out the camera, they tell us to stop it.
fighting game noob

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its a difficult thing to get around, but because its on private property, they have the right to do whatever they feel like. and there are MASSIVE fines and lawsuits if someones privacy is breached. Unfortunately, Yifans is liable for that since the breach happened on their premesis. Whether or not our names are on the production of the video, it is Yifans that get blamed in the eyes of the law. In fact, in most cases the location (ie yifans) takes most of the financial damage from a privacy lawsuit. The only way that WE become liable is if we openly admit to a breach in privacy.

Even if they give us permission to film, and take our names, addresses, phone numbers, family photos, pet feces, and whatever the hell else they want, theyre still liable for any privacy-related incidents on site.

Sorry. One of my tutors at uni is head of the broadcasting standards authority. Ive had just about every NZ broadcasting and privacy law drilled into my head.

But yea, thats why id imagine they have become so anal about the whole thing. Though if you were to potentially film a solid series of match vids (ie an open tourney) then they would probably give permission, provided you gave them 1-2 weeks notice.

Also, my experience with yifans is they try to keep the filming to when its quiet when they do allow it. ie. Sunday.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: Ryan on June 19, 2007, 01:05:09 PM
Richard, apparently they don't let us record matches anymore at yifans, hence why none of us have been doing so.

Everytime we whoop out the camera, they tell us to stop it.

Really ?? i didnt know that let me ask da boss again..... :-\ :-\ :'(

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

Don't give a shit already filming some matches...too bad no 1 record my team clock comback T__T :'( :'( :'(

fluxcore

That's what I like to hear... :)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness