• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SF4 Gamestop Final tournament on now ! US champ vs Poongko vs daigo vs Iyo

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, April 19, 2009, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessNewbie

Quote from: boringryu on April 20, 2009, 10:22:15 AM
"Poongko definitely has what it takes to beat Justin Wong, he was just too cocky after raped Justin with those signature SA combos, countless unnecessary DPs and mistakes through out the match. Consider few in Korea can match Poongko's level, his performance was not out of the expectation."

Justin text Marn after the Poongko set saying Poongko was FREE, and he would have won 4-1 or 4-0 if he hadn't been saving ex messiah kicks or something.

Well, daigo can say justin was FREE after the finals but he will never say that
A Newbie but Fearless!

Chuckk

lol I've heard from quite a few people that Daigo talks quite a lot of shit(probably quietly), and doesen't rate the US at all.

Anyway Justin did fucking good, shows the US and hopefully the rest of the world, can hang with Japan.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

fluxcore

What Justin said on alphaism was that Rufus vs Ryu is a nasty matchup if Ryu knows what to do, because Rufus' main offense (divekick) is shut down. He said if it wasn't an exhibition match that was kind of expected to stick with the same char, and instead a tournament like Evo, he would have gone boxer and it would have been much more interesting.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

I think it's interesting that the same names keep popping up. Daigo, Justin Wong, Alex Valle, Mike Ross, Jason Cole.

Poongko was someone I never heard of before, but I just think it's interesting that it's always these same guys getting the top spots.

fluxcore

I think poongko is a top tekken player in Korea? I've definitely heard the name before sfiv...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

poongko aka pungko was also the top kofxi player in korea afaik
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore