• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on June 10, 2010, 07:26:17 PM

Quick question also how do you change ur region for PSN ntwk - now Im in Oz I want to change the region flag from NZ to Oz so I can search for local matches as opposed to any. Any tips would be O for awesome!

Yeah you need to set up a new account. Also for NZ folks i HIGHLY recommend setting up a second Aussie account. The competition in the Oz Ranked is so much better. There are random players on there that I think could easily place in any of our tournaments. It forces you to level up your game. And the connections are the same speed or in some cases even better than the NZ connections.

So if you want to get better faster. Set up an Aussie account TODAY!

Skullator

Yeah GG's nick, awesome Juri. It's cool playing her because I'm starting to learn Juri as well so she can be my 3rd main.
Been practicing comboing Juri's overhead F.MK, into crouch LK, MK Pinwheel kick alot, pretty awesome combo.

How are you finding Feng Shui vs U2? I guess if you get close and start throwing out overheads feng shui is worthwhile, but until I get better with her U2's guaranteed damage seems more appealing. EX dive kick is pretty easy set up.

And yeah don't worry that teleport into air throw was the result of alot of planning hahaha.

geneterror

Quote from: Nick4now on June 10, 2010, 09:19:02 PM@Geneterror: Wow you're another awesome bison player! It seemed that you were unfamiliar with the match up but you quickly learnt adapted during our set  :) Even predicting when I'm going high or low during FSE combos! nice one bro
Yeah damn good games bro. I didn't know that matchup at all when we played ranked so I'm glad we did those endless battles. Wasn't 'til about our fifth match that I started to feel comfortable with the matchup and could start putting some pressure back on you. Best matches I've played all week bro.

ggs Rance/NagatoKen you have a very good Guy, good matches in ranked. I sent you a friend request so add me if you want some more games.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 11, 2010, 08:07:35 AM
Yeah you need to set up a new account. Also for NZ folks i HIGHLY recommend setting up a second Aussie account. The competition in the Oz Ranked is so much better. There are random players on there that I think could easily place in any of our tournaments. It forces you to level up your game. And the connections are the same speed or in some cases even better than the NZ connections.

So if you want to get better faster. Set up an Aussie account TODAY!

OZ has decent amount of good players but u will be very lucky to find them in ranked matches...
only ones I see is Somniax, Rodmole (that blanka who OVC'ed the smashbros) lol :D and a couple of Gen and Ryu  and Guile players who are above average. The rest not worth mentioning... this is PSN.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Pjai

god damn it, how to get out of skull's chun pressure with ibuki >__<

zos'la

Quote from: Pjai on June 11, 2010, 09:54:43 AM
god damn it, how to get out of skull's chun pressure with ibuki >__<
Best way is to watch Cody play Chun, he locks her out totally... but then ur iBuki got some work to do la.

If not then play him more, figure out his patterns :) what he likes to do and not do. If you can zone him out then the game is much easier. Zone until a knock down then vortex like no tomorrow, just vary of teh EX SBK, though if you do a safe jump\ cross up will stuff it up anyways. So yeah not too hard if you know the matchup.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on June 11, 2010, 08:47:48 AM
OZ has decent amount of good players but u will be very lucky to find them in ranked matches...
only ones I see is Somniax, Rodmole (that blanka who OVC'ed the smashbros) lol :D and a couple of Gen and Ryu  and Guile players who are above average. The rest not worth mentioning... this is PSN.

Overall the quality and number of players in the Australian region is better value than the quality and number of players in the NZ region. Do you disagree with this?

HoneyBadger

Number, yes. Quality, not really unless you know some of the top tier players you're going to get better games out of people from NZism.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 11, 2010, 01:04:58 PM
Overall the quality and number of players in the Australian region is better value than the quality and number of players in the NZ region. Do you disagree with this?

Quality wise they are the same. Numerically there are more in aus, so there are more players at the higher level than there are in NZ.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: OLEET on June 11, 2010, 01:10:05 PM
Number, yes. Quality, not really unless you know some of the top tier players you're going to get better games out of people from NZism.

I disagree. But it's interesting to see others points of view.

CrazyMobius

Furthermore searching for endless battles or ranked battles in usually brings up no players. Maybe it will change when the tournament upgrade is released.

Skullator

#1 BP Chun on PSN is going to be from NZ lads, none of this Aussie flag bs.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Skullator on June 11, 2010, 01:20:48 PM
#1 BP Chun on PSN is going to be from NZ lads, none of this Aussie flag bs.

By the time you get into the higher points there will be no competition with enough points to let you catch up to players in US or Japan. You will end up getting 1 BP per match because all the competition has low points.

I don't think it's even possible with an Aussie account. Just not enough competition with high enough points.

Skullator

Well I'm already rank 9 and rank 4 is Aussie so

It's just a matter of grinding out the low point wins, and not losing ever.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Skullator on June 11, 2010, 01:30:47 PM
Well I'm already rank 9 and rank 4 is Aussie so

Seems a hollow victory against NZ players though because there's noone really testing your skills.