• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericsonau

Hydro: Thanks for the tips, much appreciated :) You are absolutely right that my main problem is to maintian the attk momentum and upkeeping the pressure on opponent. I also realise that my strat/style are still very much SF2 orientated (oops showing my age:P) !! lots of work need to be done to uplift my games but I will keep practising! 9-0 run is nothing haha :D Hey pls tell me more about the upcoming Auckland meet ?

CrazyMobius: GGs mate. you definitely demonstrated to me how Guile should be played! 5 bars connection!

PJAI: I have decided to switch from Ryu to Gouki.

So glad to see so many good NZ players on PSN. :) cheers !     

Hydro

Quote from: ericsonau on June 05, 2009, 11:52:57 AM
Hydro: Thanks for the tips, much appreciated :) You are absolutely right that my main problem is to maintian the attk momentum and upkeeping the pressure on opponent. I also realise that my strat/style are still very much SF2 orientated (oops showing my age:P) !! lots of work need to be done to uplift my games but I will keep practising! 9-0 run is nothing haha :D Hey pls tell me more about the upcoming Auckland meet ?

CrazyMobius: GGs mate. you definitely demonstrated to me how Guile should be played! 5 bars connection!

PJAI: I have decided to switch from Ryu to Gouki.

So glad to see so many good NZ players on PSN. :) cheers !     

Hey bro, well the meet up usually happens out south at either my house or Lennys, and also out west we have brother Ben (toomeke) who also has meet ups every few weeks. I missed my last one, but am planning for another in the next week or two. Should have details up on the forum soon as.

As for the guile strats, you're onto a good teacher in Simon/Crazymobius, but also another player Syngin (former Kiwi) who resides in oz now is crazy good on guile. I know he really abuses the zoning with sonics, and has his poke strings and links down pat. You should look him up for a game just get some idea of direction to move in.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

hydro- missed a ton of shit? yeah right bro, theres was that like that one ultra you missed but then never missed it after that, and i was diizzy so you couldnt of got it anyway on the juggle and i couldnt counter, too cold to button mash to consciousness lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 05, 2009, 01:04:36 PM
hydro- missed a ton of shit? yeah right bro, theres was that like that one ultra you missed but then never missed it after that, and i was diizzy so you couldnt of got it anyway on the juggle and i couldnt counter, too cold to button mash to consciousness lol.

there was def a few missed fierce-feint-fierce-seismo attempts in there, though I didn't much opportunty to land any cept on Sagat (the big brute is easy to hit like that). I seemed to hit a ton on Smoof yesterday, it was like watching youtube lol!

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 05, 2009, 02:42:13 PM

there was def a few missed fierce-feint-fierce-seismo attempts in there, though I didn't much opportunty to land any cept on Sagat (the big brute is easy to hit like that). I seemed to hit a ton on Smoof yesterday, it was like watching youtube lol!
oh yeah true bro, i thought you were just going crazy lol, sure did confuse me though. I wouldnt even try getting that second fierce thats way too hard,but yeah you probably got that one sussed aye.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 05, 2009, 03:17:43 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 05, 2009, 02:42:13 PM

oh yeah true bro, i thought you were just going crazy lol, sure did confuse me though. I wouldnt even try getting that second fierce thats way too hard,but yeah you probably got that one sussed aye.

Actually it's no so much the second fierce, the whole thing goes like this:

d + hp(first fierce), db, b +hp(thunderknuckle) *slight pause* (stick nuetral) HP+MP(feint the knuckle), f, d +HP(second fierce), df +HP+MP (for the seismo)

The bold part is the part you have to emphasize. for instance if you're too quick and you go:

d + hp, db, b +hp, HP+MP, f, d, df+Hp, HP+MP

you'll not get the second fierce but instead seismo straight away and then you'll feint said seismo with the second HP+MP. So it requires exquisite timing. Also it's real easy to f-up on the first feint, as you have 1-4 frames to do it after the time you input your HP for the thunder knuckle, so you can understand why people (myself included) don't go for it often online in 3 bar matches.

I laugh when people say how difficult any other characters combos are to do in the game now, this is the apex of  timing no doubt. So yeah, hard to get down 100% on a 3 bar connection bro :)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

hydro----- Yeah i know what combo your on about bro i can play with the whole roster, it when you go to fake it that you push db then you cancel before the hp thundernukle even comes out therefore you do an ex thunderknuckle, and it gets blocked(Usually) thats why wen i give you props you really do deserve it.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

hey smoof bro,i'lld pm you but you probably wouldnt check it, so you what you doing tommorow all good to come around, we can play some sf4 and cod4 and talk some shit lol.

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 05, 2009, 08:33:39 PM
Yeah i know what combo your on about bro i can play with the whole roster

Really, I had no idea - does that mean you can use anyone at the same level? If so, why Ryu and Dict of all characters? I'd really like to play some the other characters next time brotha.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 05, 2009, 08:53:53 PM

Really, I had no idea - does that mean you can use anyone at the same level? If so, why Ryu and Dict of all characters? I'd really like to play some the other characters next time brotha.
hahaha lol yeah right, i said i can play with them never said i could own with, you know what im talking about , you cheeky lil viper player

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 05, 2009, 08:58:38 PM

hahaha lol yeah right, i said i can play with them never said i could own with, you know what im talking about , you cheeky lil viper player

Na na, no offense or anything bro, just wanted you to feel free to play other dudes if you wished in our next bout, I'm happy to do the same - It's all good.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 05, 2009, 09:08:42 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on June 05, 2009, 08:58:38 PM

Na na, no offense or anything bro, just wanted you to feel free to play other dudes if you wished in our next bout, I'm happy to do the same - It's all good.
lol haha yeah nah i wanna win lol, you can change if you want to bro, but vipers all good to play, especially yours man.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

hydro---- i dont really wana try anyone  other than ryu/dictator/Boxer/ and rufus because you wont be getting that levelling up experience, i been pretty crappy lately but only against you cos iyour the only guy online early in the mourn when i suck cos too cold

CptMunta

GGs Weazy:

Some really close Sagat Vs Rose matches. Each of us winning every other match. I know what you mean about Sagat's walking/dashing speed, basically the reason why I don't pick him up. Tiger knee helps with his mobility issues a bit surprised I didn't see many from you since alot of Sagat's spam them. If you get him up to your Ryu level he'll be helluva scary. My apologizes for my vanilla Ryu that was pretty pathetic, my Ryu is rusty as hell.

Thanks for the Rose compliment  ;) I'm really trying to make her work for me.  Most matchups are either even or an uphill battle for her. But she is fun as hell once you get the pokes going.

Smoof,
Sorry we couldn't get in more games. Good match we did have. You really seem to be controlling your space alot more and punished me for not being sharper. Also made me do alot of stupid mistakes.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta