• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

It must all be settled at Nationals  ;D
can't wait to see those matches
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Hydro

Quote from: maelgrim on July 30, 2009, 08:52:18 AM

It must all be settled at Nationals  ;D
can't wait to see those matches

Knowing my luck I'll get Hue and Cody first and second rounds. lol

OFFICIAL:

I'm not anywhere near afraid to say that Hue kicks my ass frequently, so for the official stats, it goes like this:

6 - 31 to Hue.

Yes that's not 1 - 3 it's 1 - 6, but if you compare our first matches to the latest it could be if I continue to improve as much as I have done by fighting his Ryu.

First ratio was 100% to Hue, last was 60-ish% , THAT'S improvement is it not?

Oh and you still haven't told us how that other Viper player was beating you either Hue. 

Skullator

Rivalry in the NZ SFIV scene, I fucking love it.

My money is on Hydro, purely because I like backing the underdog.
And if you're not playing Ryu\sagat against a Ryu\sagat, theres a mighty good chance that makes you one!

And from what I've seen (PS3\PC version only, no anonymous players at one arcade unfortunately!) the best Viper (+ others) in NZ is secured strongly by him.

Both Hydro and Hue are rediculously good at their characters.

Obligatory god tier jokes below-

The fight card is filled in-

Ryu vs Ryu
GR8TST XLR8R   vs   VTECH LEGEND

DF, DB, DF = 2008's SHHHOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYY?!??!?!
Skill, needs some more invincibility frames though I reckon.

Hydro

Cheers Thom bro, I love being the (perpetual) underdog, that way if I lose it's still just like I won lol.

Though that said, even if you can only beat the other player at some rediculously low ratio, there's still hope. You just have to make sure that the 1 in 6 times you can beat him is when you play him at the tourney. I've known many a great contender to crash and burn at a competitive junction because of tournament jitters / nerves what have you. Still, Hue was nerves of steel from what I've seen , and so too does Kev-Simon-Simon-Andy-Cody so yeah everyone has got their work cut out for them in two weeks...

GET HYPE!

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Toomeke on July 29, 2009, 11:42:25 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on July 29, 2009, 11:34:37 PM
And stifle a potential rivalry? No way!

Yifans is the new West Coast and everyone else (console players) has to step there game up.

REAL TALK YO

WEST COAST IS JUST HUE COAST
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

iMagneto

hue vs james~ gonna love seeing this match =)~

And james it was a good game playing wif ya before~ ur c viper gone acid just like my bison before~~ =D

CrazyMobius

I wasn't going to go the tourney but now I might as there is some "hype" behind it!

Hydro

Quote from: iMagneto on July 30, 2009, 10:46:24 AM
hue vs james~ gonna love seeing this match =)~

And james it was a good game playing wif ya before~ ur c viper gone acid just like my bison before~~ =D

Cheers brother Mike, our connection was pretty decent last time! I took a page outa your book and went solid Viper for a while and it really helped.  

Dunno about that Hue match at the tourney tho. . . It's his game unless I get a whole lot better at that match-up in two weeks.

zos'la

Its a player to player thing, you guys all got different style of play therefore have different macthup against different players, its a simple fact. You just need to learn to adapt to the play style. The tournament is jsut something we can all get together and jam things out with teh bonues of przies and the intense feeling/ atmosphere. But others may think this is to sort out who is the best and make others stfu kinda thing which I understand. Just remember at the end of the day that its a game and you should be enjoying it rather than getting all emotional.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on July 30, 2009, 11:24:43 AM
Its a player to player thing, you guys all got different style of play therefore have different macthup against different players, its a simple fact. You just need to learn to adapt to the play style. The tournament is jsut something we can all get together and jam things out with teh bonues of przies and the intense feeling/ atmosphere. But others may think this is to sort out who is the best and make others stfu kinda thing which I understand. Just remember at the end of the day that its a game and you should be enjoying it rather than getting all emotional.

I agree. Now it's time for morning tea and crumpets with creamed honey m m m m m m mm m m m m m m m m m m .

CoffinDrop1

GG's to Weazzy.

Was good to play you again as it has been a while. Your using some new characters I see. Your Gen was very good I must say that wall kick that drops straight down - I gotta work out when thats coming and how to counter it. Also you had the juggles down with Gouken too and even some Viper action in there too. I wanted to try different characters but coz you were playing different ones yourself and so well it was too good an opportunity to stay with Honda and learn from the match ups.

Awesome training session.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 30, 2009, 09:10:26 AM
Oh and you still haven't told us how that other Viper player was beating you either Hue. 
He didn't have much fighting experience in SF4 but he has a great "sense of fighting/mind game" from KOF (like knowing when to cross over, defend/offend, throw,...). And that's how he beat me. If he has as much experience as i do in SF4. I might not stand a chance against him. His Ryu and Chun also gave me a lot of trouble.

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 29, 2009, 03:57:22 PM
I guess I can't blame ol' Hue for thinking he's good, I mean, he's obviously playing down at yifans right? That's where all the top players play, right? That's where the scene is at, right? AM I RIGHT?
I haven't gone down to yifans that much since i've got my ps3. I played against all players who you've named as "great players" and Sorry, no offend but I really don't think they are that great, at least i could get 10-0 against everyone and I don't think i can do that to Kevin, Cody, Simon, Andy, Ben. Therefore, if you ask me "that's where all the top players play? Right" then of course it's a YES. Simon and Kevin don't have the game and they always go to yifans, are they not recognized as top players ?? Especially simon for coming 2nd in both tournaments.

No offend but so far the only challenge that i've found on PS3 are Aus players. Maybe there are "great players" in nz that i haven't played. I will be looking forward to see them.

By the way, if you still doubt what i say, we can make an arrangement to meet at yifans someday and i will try my best to get all the best players to go there and you can see the different level by yourselves. I'm quite tired of explaining the different between Black & White already.

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 30, 2009, 08:46:00 AM
this is how it went:
Me:Hue
first time we challenged on PSN (thursday afternoon)
0 - 14
then (Friday afternoon following week):
3 - 17
then it most definitely was:
3 - 4
Overall against Brodsta I've been 50/50 Claw & Viper, maybe you should work on your dictator match-up Hue.
I talked to brodsta last night and he told me that you guys only played 1 game and then the second game you got disconnected when he was losing. But he was playing with a bandage covered his hand. I played with him last night after he removed the bandage and I could see his movement was way slower than how he used to be.
Now, my point is that we cannot say we are better/even to Daigo by beating Daigo 1/100 tries. And maybe that's 1/100 is the very first try, it happens a lot !! (such as Cody's case where he went easy on you the first time you guys played coz he thought you were some random C.VIper user. But as soon as you defeat him once, it's never happened again.)

I don't want to bring this up, but since u mentioned it. Looking at the score between us. You can think it's a Godlike improvement from 3-31 to 3-4.
To be honest, I'm quite disappointed. At least, I expect players at our level to notice the different between "playing" and "praticing"

Brodsta is a great player (probably the best M.Bison in Aus). If I want to compete with him, i will climb up to his level.
And I would never try to pull someone who's better than me down to my level to make myself look good. It's quite pathetic.

Lennysaurus

Seriously you guys all need to shut up and just play each other.

Fuckin he said she said crap.

Rivalry is fine, but this is getting petty, and anyone with half a brain can see that you guys are all missing each others points.

Its like a bad fucking soap opera in here.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

gunsmoke

....................... :'(

lets play MVC2  ::) ::) ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

ABC_SMN

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 30, 2009, 12:58:54 PM
Seriously you guys all need to shut up and just play each other.

Fuckin he said she said crap.

Rivalry is fine, but this is getting petty, and anyone with half a brain can see that you guys are all missing each others points.

Its like a bad fucking soap opera in here.

Yeah Lenny :D
I agree. That's why I just look. without typing.
O well. See you all on 15th August. If I am able to skip work. lol
Other than that. Keep practicing guys. We could win for NZ :D