• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

GG's to the Gankatron brothers
Thanks for the sparring session, Ryu, Akuma and Rog. Some good solid games there and definately lots to learn for me coming away from that. Akuma mix ups were consistent and kept the pressure on. Rog links were also very impressive. Good to play ya's and catch up online again sometime.

Gankatron

GG's Kenny, im still having issues dealing with the lag on PS3 as i feel 4 bars on xbox is noticeably better than 4 bars on PSN. Also when we play VS matches me and Jack both agree there is some slight input lag which we need to deal with.

Nevertheless big ups to your Honda as he's very solid my bro.

Cheers.

geneterror

Not having much luck with your TV or are you still trying to use that converter?
I didn't notice much lag in our games the other night except for a few crucial moments of course.

Now I know that me, you, Jack and Simon all live so close together I think some offline jams are in order!
KOW 2011

fluxcore

You didn't notice lag because you're used to ps3! :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on December 04, 2009, 10:36:32 AM
You didn't notice lag because you're used to ps3! :P

Yeah and once you're used to it it doesn't matter.

Gankatron

Biggest part of the lag issue i ve resolved (Bravia TV not set to game mode) Its gone much better but when i compared both ps3/xbox side by side with my 22" Viewsonic monitor there is still slight input lag between the 2, but ultimately i think it just comes down to not been accustomed to the ps3 just yet.

electric

Quote from: Gankatron on December 04, 2009, 10:56:41 AM
Biggest part of the lag issue i ve resolved (Bravia TV not set to game mode) Its gone much better but when i compared both ps3/xbox side by side with my 22" Viewsonic monitor there is still slight input lag between the 2, but ultimately i think it just comes down to not been accustomed to the ps3 just yet.

I've been doing some SRK reading and apparently a lot of the lag comes from the TV doing post-processing on the signal coming from the PS3 (hence the need to put it in "Game Mode", which reduces the amount of processing done on the image)

There are apparently ways around it by using the VGA port on some TV's, as this bypasses the post-processing which is generally only enabled on digital inputs (HDMI, DVI) but it all depends on the TV

Funny you're still noticing input lag on a Viewsonic monitor though, as I doubt there's any processing going on at all on that... I still don't think (or don't want to believe, you choose) the PS3 itself will be contributing to input lag... maybe if your native PS3 resolution is set to 720p it could help ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah, I'm sure my TE is lagging, theres one part in particular where i notice it alot, when i connect a lp DP AA, and go for the Ultra (Ryu). It comes out late most of the time, even when I'm close as to them. And sometimes it's just the Ultra's in general. They come out way after i pressed the buttons. I thought it was just me getting used to stick, but dont I think so aye.

Never missed it on pad ever. And everyone knows how hard it is to mess up. Its friggin easy mate.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Gankatron

I ll try locking the PS3 to 720P tonight and see how it goes.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on December 04, 2009, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on December 04, 2009, 11:19:26 AM
Yeah, I'm sure my TE is lagging

pretty unlikely tbh
its not the TE, its the PS3/TV lag or you having input issues...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Beewars, bourbinos, weed and late nights slow down your reaction times.... I'm pretty sure you've got all four =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

pretty unlikely tbh
Thats why I never said anything. When I push the three punches it lags, honest to G.O.D.

It's not Input issues, read the combo again. That's like blaming input issues on lpx3 or a throw. It's not Ps3 cos it didnt happen on pad. I'm being honest here, I know it sounds fucked up, so dont worry about it.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 04, 2009, 01:14:08 PM

pretty unlikely tbh
Thats why I never said anything. When I push the three punches it lags, honest to G.O.D.

It's not Input issues, read the combo again. That's like blaming input issues on lpx3 or a throw. It's not Ps3 cos it didnt happen on pad. I'm being honest here, I know it sounds fucked up, so dont worry about it.

That's kinda Funny.

I often notice a lag spike when I go for a jump in FFF after a dizzy on the opponent. must be a combination of the player mashing and me doing quick command/directional. I know Ashe and I talked about the curse of doing FFF online following a dizzy, seems the network is not Viper compatible lol.

Ballzax

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 04, 2009, 03:26:39 AM
Hey does anyone know where that sf4 whirpool chatroom came from? I just notice it and found some good players with 3 bars. I wonder if it's a Aus thing cos thats where they were from.

Yeah its from the whirlpool forums, created by a fella called Derrace.
You have to be invited by a friend to be able to join the chat, The place is frequented by the likes of Brodsta and Dk69Dk probably two of the bettee players in Aus.
If anyone wants an invite let me know, there are always people in there and usually decent players too.