• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Haha i was gonna say something too, but then realised i posted my score vs Hue, so it wouldve been kinda hypocritical.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 19, 2010, 08:58:56 AM
Haha i was gonna say something too, but then realised i posted my score vs Hue, so it wouldve been kinda hypocritical.
har!!! so it was you!!!

karizzma

GG akuma1nz and coffindrop. Man is it good to be BACK!!

CoffinDrop1

GG's back at ya Karizzma.
Good to see you back and I really enjoyed playing ur Fuerte. Dont get that match up often so was good to battle.

Good quick set to Magneto today too. Dam fine matches there.

Also nice to play Akuma5 5on from Hamilton online. Good to play someone from the Waikato - the tribe is growing : )

karizzma

GG coffindrop. Sorry I had to gap, someone wanted the TV.

That honda match up is ugly for el fuerte man.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

El Fuerte has to turtle/runaway in that match. Make honda come to you. Once he loses his charges he is easy enough to get a bit of damage on. Its definitely about being patient in the honda match. The best thing to do is literally sit on the other end of the screen and build meter with lk guacs until the honda player gets bored and trys to go on the offensive. If youre on the offensive, youre playing into hondas hands.

Random info: You can snuff his headbutts with s.hk or, if you can be bothered charging it, Q-bomb. His mp and hp headbutts can be ultra'd on block. Baiting buttdrop and airthrowing him is lulz. He is also the easiest character to RSF i find, so where possible, bait the buttdrop and go for the FA.

Key to winning vs honda is hit and run. Once you have the life lead, get the fuck out of there. I know that when youve got fuerte, you have the urge to try and mix him up. DONT do it to honda (as much). Or you wind up with a face full of buttcrack.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Cheers for the info ill bill. I will admit that playing run away isn't my style but if i have to I will. I did get lucky and was able to bait out the butt smack and I got my ultra off though so that was good.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: karizzma on February 21, 2010, 12:17:29 PM
Cheers for the info ill bill. I will admit that playing run away isn't my style but if i have to I will. I did get lucky and was able to bait out the butt smack and I got my ultra off though so that was good.

Im exactly the same bro. I want to get in there and fuck the other guy up 99% of the time. The thing about fuerte is the more you play him, the more you appreciate his runaway game.

Aggressive players are the best ones to go balls-out on, since theyre thinking about how to beat you down, rather than how to counter your shit.

Honda is fundamentally defensive. Countering your shit is hondas business. Running away from him forces him to attempt some kind of half assed offense, since he simply cant catch a runaway fuerte. Once he clicks onto your runaway, he is going to be looking for holes. Break the bait out. Hes gonna fall for it. Now hes thinking, ok, this fuerte is trying to bait me, im gonna wait till he fucks something up and THEN punish him. He's overthinking. Its headfuck time.

It won't play out like this all the time. Hell, you'll be lucky if it plays out like this 50% of the time. Fuerte is great to be random and thrash people with lucky stuff, but hes much better once you start reading your opponents patters. Running away gives you ample time and safety to see how your opponent is going to approach the match. Once youve got that down, it will make your mixups 10 times more effective, since they become more calculated.

As an aggressive player, i have to say that learning to play defensive actually does wonders for your offense.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CoffinDrop1

Dam your Fuerte strats Bill - thats pretty much exactly what I thinking to myself in my last match with Karizzma lol. Yeah I had to think twice about what I was doing especially after you ultra'd my fierce butt slam miss - a lot of those punish opporunities I'm not up to speed on so it's good to have the match ups. Nice rounds again and no worries on having to go.

Wow I see Zosla's in town now. Welcome to the ntwk - I look forward to learning from the Master Sifu himself.

zos'la

ggs Hue last night, your bitch vs 3 of my bitch :D

coffin, hope to play u soon and the others.

Thanks for the practice hydro, good 40 sets -.-

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

gg's Andy. Good to see you on psn. I was enjoying getting some decent matches in vs your chun/ryu. And the other stuff was great to practice my newb balrog on. Fuck i let you get away with WAAAAAAY to much bullshit though. If i punish better i think i can start pulling some wins out.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

ggs Bill last night hehe, yeah I am still getting use to the PS3 speed, can't get many of my links in...
I accidently chose Abel coz I was mashing teh buttons while watching a movie playing u lol.

You do seem a bit better not playing at Yifans xD prolly because you don't feel the opponents existance lol.
Just hit me up with more games if you want as I would like to learn more playing Furte.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

ggs munta. Rose is fucking slippery. Shes quite cool in that she looks like she recovers a lot slower than she actually does. Thank god my mixups managed to carry me through. I need to read her frame data so i can approach that match a little less randomly in the future.

I dont even want to discuss those random games. Terrible luck on my end. Fun, but every time one started i was thinking 'Oh god anyone but this character'

And wtf honda? Im sitting there thinking 'the best thing for honda to do now will be to do (insert something that isnt a doos koi). So ill approach the match X way. *approaches match X way. eats headbutt* Wtf? Nevermind. Theres no way anyone would do that twice in that situation. *eats a headbutt* WTF?

I know the honda match pretty well, and 80% of that game went like that. >_> And even when i was expecting the headbutts i cocked up by being too slow on the s.hk, and only managed to airthrow ONE.

Man, i wouldve been out for your blood if i wasnt heading off for dinner. And sorry for throwing it at the end there. Missus was getting angry. :P It wouldve been an uphill slog for me anyways.

GG's man. Looking forward to more.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CoffinDrop1

Ggs Zosla

Not sure what happened with the connection there kicked off twice and I couldnt sign back into the PS network kept timing out on sign in. Gutted cause it was really good to play your Ryu and brief Chun Li.  It was a very tuff match up for sure and I was hoping to learn more from the experience. Catch up again next time for sure.