• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

im sure I can use my blue ant on this.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on March 10, 2010, 01:55:36 PM
We should give our connection another shot.. and if you get a USB mic or something the good times can well and truly roll.

I can always yell across the room at my vent mic.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 10, 2010, 02:05:14 PM
I can always yell across the room at my vent mic.

Sounds like a slice of fried gold

Ballzax

Quote from: zosla on March 10, 2010, 02:00:56 PM
im sure I can use my blue ant on this.

Yeah you sure can, its what i used to use so your sweet.

karizzma

Ya Ill_Bill get on to the PSN so we can practice our El Fuerte Mirror match LOL :P

Kinetic_IQ

Sorry bout that bad connection last night iMagneto restarted my modem and then you had taken off. I couldn't get into any games at all after that anyway :( Probably neeed to use ethernet instead of wireless???
Formerly manawakore. Had to switch it up.

zos'la

yeah Im using wireless and I am unable to connect with iMagneto...
but everyone lse is fine!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: manawakore on March 11, 2010, 07:08:52 AM
Sorry bout that bad connection last night iMagneto restarted my modem and then you had taken off. I couldn't get into any games at all after that anyway :( Probably neeed to use ethernet instead of wireless???

Its not you bro, its mike. I get a bad connection with him aswell.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Strange... I get 4 bars with Mike :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

I get 4-5 bars with Mike but it's laggier than a 1 bar >:(
KOW 2011

CoffinDrop1

I get 4 bars usually with Mike but sometimes it takes a whlie to be able to press the ready button.

Just got a bluetooth headset for my mobile phone and then realised shit I can use this for SF4. Tried it the other night but no one else I was random match battling had one so it was a bit of a sad experience.  Hope to catch up with some of you headset regulars online sometime for some battles and in match commentary, smack talk, advice - do's and don'ts.

CoffinDrop1

GG's to Bill tonight
Dude those rounds were pretty full on there it was like being back at the tournament again. Your wake up offense is very tricky to get out of and the mix ups you were using were very effective. I was trying to think during our matches how I can evade those air throws and will definately have to study my defensive options to get out of the "vortex" more quickly. I noticed that your wake up game is definately more aggresive than Karizzma who is the only other Fuerte I play these days. Sorry I had to bail as my wife wanted to watch Greys Anatomy that she had recorded from the night before...given that Ive been playing SF each night this week I couldnt exactly say no. Sorry for the random Ryu also - ran out of time typing a message and ended up with him which was a bit of a waste of time - nevermind. GG's man and play again soon.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

GG's bro.

Yea, my wakeup game in those matches was TOO aggressive, and i ate heaps of stupid crap because of it. Looking up at the honda match advice i gave karizzma, i actually need to take my own advice instead of throwing it out the window and rushing down. (Always a dumb plan vs honda lol) I was in revenge mode, which generally means smash mode, which generally means honda food mode. I missed a few RSF's, and a couple of ultras didnt come out, which annoyed me, but all in all i lost most of those because i got trigger happy. So many dumb wall jumps... >_> And i missed EVERY airthrow i went for, so i must be timing them wrong. I KNOW they should be catching your headbutts. Need more research.

And i didnt know whether to laugh or cry when you went lolheadbutt honda and perfected me. :P

But yea, we need to have more games. My biggest weakness is my lack of patience, and i figure if im playing a dedicated honda player, ill either learn patience quickly, or lose heaps. Potentially both. Good fun though man. You play less aggressively than sol does, which means theres a lot more thinking involved. Im not playing this game enough now lol.

Mad props brother. Looking forward to more.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

GGs Electric

Awesome 10 or so game set. Really tense. Trading wins right up to the end. I was cool to test out some of the matchups I knew less/nothing about. You have improved heaps since last time, you spot openings really quickly and react really fast to punish mistakes. There's always alot of thinking on our feet which always makes matches exciting. Also you are rock solid when someones right in your face which is really good when playing someone who does alot of unsafe/stupid shit like me ;)

Bison vs Abel match was pretty insane, getting perfected on the first round made my jaw drop, I was like "He knows this match" Glad I to the set in the end to hide my shame a bit.

Your Viper really surprised me I fully underestimated her, I was like Viper ??? Then I was like holy shit! step it up Munta!

I was adamant on learning the matchups for Cammy. Cammy I've been tinkering alot with lately she seems all crazy pokes and gambles which is really fun. I really like the feeling of guessing right :) That last match was insane!

GGs man Nora was called to a birth so I had to look after Maya just after you logged off. Hopefully I can squeeze in some more set with my PSN bretheren before the CHCH Timezone tourney.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

electric

GG's Munta

Ughhhh... I wasn't very happy with the way I played - I missed literally 20 punishes in the last Cammy vs. Abel match - it's a tough one for Abel because he doesn't really have any solid answers for Cannon strike pressure, so I had to hold down-back (which thankfully is a pretty good strategy against Cammy) ... If I remember correctly, I punished exactly 2 blocked Cannon spikes, which is pretty appalling considering it's easy to react to, and dash up Tornado / FP change of direction xx FADC punish it for free and they don't even need reversal timing. Blah.

I think that perfect was a fluke actually haha... Bison is a pretty hard match as well when you factor in standing HK and Teleport... I've done pretty well against Mike's Bison lately because I tend to use his aggressiveness against him... That was a good fight though and I like playing that match quite a bit - it's definitely a fun one

Hahaha thanks for the Viper praise... I only started picking her up recently to try and IMPROVE my execution... glad that worked out :-\ haha... she's a ton of fun once you get past the execution barrier though - her rush down reminds me of why I started using Abel

I should be free most of Sunday morning (depending on the hangover) for some games if you're about... I must work on that Cammy match up some more... I always get too nervous when she's on the hunt... the spike/strike/low/throw mixups are fucking scary when you don't have a universal answer in the monster mash DP - I need to make YOU nervous after one of those blocked spikes instead of just sitting there whiffing cr.mp like a knob as you sail away in to the sunset :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla