• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Seriously ranked is a waste of time anyway. I only quick match it when i only have time for a few matches. Don't wanna make an endless lobby just to leave after two games.

Too many scrubs in there. I used to have 3,300 now i only have like 2,700 cos i fuck around in it and use chars with 0 bp as much as i can lol. M.Bison has like 2,000 bp lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Quote from: electric on September 09, 2010, 08:20:38 AM
Sakura is super fun to use - I'd be keen for some mirrors some time bro (Y)

As for comboing into U1, it's not that bad - I tend to wait for them to just start dropping after they've hit the peak of the juggle, then doing dash, ultra - if you do the Ultra motion before the dash ends, it gets buffered to come out straight after the dash. Try it in the training room for 10 mins or so and you'll soon get the feel for it :)

Yeah Bro I'm definitely keen! Hopefully I can jump online again sometime soon... But thanks and Scribble for the Ultra 1 tip. I'm just gonna go and hit my head up against the wall for not thinking of that sooner  :-\

Anyways, I never really play ranked anymore. The only time I am is when there are no Endless lobbies. I'm so sick of playing ridiculously laggy games against the Japs and players from other countries (other than Oz) now so if I can't even find a decent game in Ranked I usually either hit Training mode or Arcade mode with Ranked request on (Same region only).

Also.... Hahaha shame Scribble! My Sak 132BP > Your Sak 120BP  :P

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

I still have a soft spot for ranked, plenty of good aussies out there, test matchup specifics, and constantly play against people who are "playing to win" a.k.a full lame mode.

CrazyMobius

I don't see any difference between ranked and endless. Except it's easier to find people in ranked.

Pjai

Quote from: Skullator on September 10, 2010, 07:57:29 AM
I still have a soft spot for ranked, plenty of good aussies out there, test matchup specifics, and constantly play against people who are "playing to win" a.k.a full lame mode.

Lots of lame aussies ranked players...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Maybe PSN ranked is a bit different to XBL ranked. On XBL, people arent 'playing to win' theyre 'playing to hit you with fierce dragon'
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

What's "playing to win" aka full lame mode mean?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Skullator

In endless, playing with mates, since nothing is on the line I'll do my best to make matches fun, rushing the other person down and taking risks etc.
In ranked, because of BP people feel like there is something to lose. So alot of them tend to turtle, sit back on life leads, have boring yet effective strats and ground games, and just takes less risks in general.

It's easy to get frustrated by that style of play, but imo anyone can bust that out even in tournament play, so you've gotta learn to deal with it, keep a cool head, and overcome the bs. Sometimes I find ranked can help with that.

scribble

Quote from: Nick4now on September 09, 2010, 06:57:07 PM
Also.... Hahaha shame Scribble! My Sak 132BP > Your Sak 120BP  :P

Hahaha, I don't even know how she has any BP. I'm pretty sure I haven't even used her in ranked lol.

Quote from: CaptainHook on September 10, 2010, 11:04:18 PM
What's "playing to win" aka full lame mode mean?

Turtling your ass off basically.
I can't ever seem to find a decent amount of people in ranked anyway, maybe one or two at most if I'm lucky. Pretty much gave up on ranked unless there is absolutely nobody online.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

Nick4now

Hahaha well ScribbleART probably has 0BP but Yoddz has 120BP  :D

I think you were drunk some random night when you got those points lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

Ahh i see. Didn't know SSF4 was all about turtle play until Bills post yesterday. That IS lame.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

fluxcore

I wouldn't say it's ALL about turtle play. It certainly is a bit... slower pace... than most other SF games though. There's plenty of turtle style play in 'playing to win' of any game really. It's just people being less risky because there's more on the line.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on September 11, 2010, 09:20:30 AM
I wouldn't say it's ALL about turtle play. It certainly is a bit... slower pace... than most other SF games though. There's plenty of turtle style play in 'playing to win' of any game really. It's just people being less risky because there's more on the line.

This is more what i was getting at. I throw the word turtle around like it aint no thang.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.