• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: jsculls on March 09, 2011, 06:12:40 PM
GG's to those I played last night, some pretty decent comp out there and it's good to get a feel for where NZ'ers are at with MVC3

I definitely wasn't one of them. You schooled me hard, one mistake then mixed me up to death. I couldn't be bothered waiting in the lobby so I left after one more game. Will be back on tonight hopefully.
Quote from: Hydro on March 09, 2011, 03:48:55 PM
Yeah GGs bro, Lag killed me a couple times, especially on any attempted Doom loop. Couldn't get a flow on with Ammy last night, dropped my glaive combos and mis-timed everything lol. Still, had heaps of fun though!!!! :D

Pls invite me for games anytime bro!

You have Ammy and Doom on your team too? Man if you have Arthur, Daggars, missles, Cold Star then that's crazy :D We should get some games in share tricks, though I'm hella scrubby, hopefully MvC3 lets us connect :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Pinolicious

Gargh frustration central, host a private room of 4 and we all get dc'd, soz guys.
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ammy? Doom? If one of you picks tron i hope you're aware that you're using team BIRRY WONG.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Pinolicious on March 09, 2011, 05:52:47 PM
I feel some people are starting to get a feel for Sentinel (either that or I'm scrub, most likely both haha)

TBH Sentinel is NOT a hard opponent to fight. He loses to hard keepaway and solid rushdown as long as youre not reckless. The only threat he has is the random factor imo. Made all the more threatening thanks to his massive health pool and super armour on certain moves.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on March 10, 2011, 07:06:55 AM
Ammy? Doom? If one of you picks tron i hope you're aware that you're using team BIRRY WONG.

Man that's a pretty solid team too - good shit

I'm having real trouble against people who know how to block in this game - grabs seem to be much harder to set up for some reason... Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Tron AA/Hulk AA/Doom Rocks or Sent Drones... Considering switching Hulk to Gamma Wave to get more shit on screen to cover Tron... I have a feeling that my team is just too slow and when I finally get in, I get push blocked back out - Am I doing it wrong ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Does Tron have an instant overhead? Birry might know. Because for me playing Wolverine when people realise they can block Wolverines divekick low they start just holding d,b to block everything. I usually call Doom with rocks and dash forward behind the rocks and then do an instant overhead to start a combo.
KOW 2011

electric

Her jump b is an instant overhead on some characters, but I doubt it works on the likes of Arthur/Ammy/Joe - and yeah, I NEVER use it (I used it once on a Sentinel and it was beautiful)

I guess that outlines why I'm having so much trouble... My offense is too linear - jump C, jump air dash C - that's basically all my mix up game comprises of - every now and then I'll use low A, but maybe I'm just not doing it enough :/

[8-----D] Toots

Dont forget about chip damage. If you can get some safe chip setups with tron and doom rocks your gonna force people to stop blocking.

Always make sure that there is some kind of mixup going on when ever you're attacking. So always start your strings low rather than going for an easier block string that hits mid. If you find that you are getting pushblocked out try to treat it like throw techs in sf4 and try to delay and punish with your attacks. In the corner trons throw game is alot stronger. If you are playing someone whos just blocking you can put them there quickly and begin the shenanigans.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

WARNING: Token BIRRY WONG wall of text ahead.

I think opening tron in that team isnt a great plan tbh. (Actually i think opening with tron is a bad plan alltogether) Shes a massive target with limited mobility options, who loses to assisted rushdown and hard keepaway. Even when she has 2 assists backing her, theres just too much shit for her to deal with when she is fighting a full strength team. Its DOABLE, but its a fucking hell of an uphill battle. I think she is strong, but not as an opener. She is a lot easier to use when down to a 1v1 situation. Plus then youre backing up hulk and doom with gustaff fire, which rips shit up. Especially on hulk. Tag them with gustaff fire assist and you get a free combo/gamma crush.

Exactly what Ben said is the way to go. Ill elaborate on it a bit though. She actually has a really strong wavedash, so with a decent assist (doom rocks is fine, or gamma wave) getting in on the ground isnt THAT hard with her. Airdash C is great for about 4 seconds until the opponent realises that they can AA it for free, or just airthrow it. J.C is a much better defensive attack than offensive. If youre jumping at the opponent, I would use A, or even B if youre further out. Be sure to double tap these so you get the 2nd part of the attack. A lot of people change block after blocking the first hit, meaning you land your combo. IADrill is also a decent way to get in, since youre at advantage if it hits. You cant really capitalise on it since her normals are so slow, but youre SAFE, and youre IN. Thats the main thing. (You might even be able to get a REALLY REALLY dirty level 3 out as well.) Pushblock hurts this a lot less than you would think. It does fuck all to j.A, and realistically it does a lot less to drill than it probably should.

Much like doom, you want to be doing as much as you can to push the opponent to the corner with tron. She can combo off of both normal throws in the corner (air and ground) AND her command throw. She gets far more reward off of her throws and mixups in the corner. And if theyre trying to escape, J.C is going to hit them square in the face if you time it properly.

Assist wise, I would put Hulk on gamma wave, and run tron in the back with gustaff fire. Doom on Rocks or Beam. (I would almost be tempted to rock plasma beam on doom. Im pretty tempted to do it on my team anyway TBH. I think its the best of the 3 assists for covering distance. Rocks just gives you DA BEAST TRON COMBOZ as well)

Given the above assists, you want to open with Doom and use his versatility to feel out your opponent. Try to get a combo into DHC into hulk if possible, since the damage off of this will have your opponent scared of going near hulk with their meager life, and desperate for a tag, meaning theyre gonna want to burn their meter for a DHC, which will give hulk some negligible chip damage given his massive health pool. ie. not something to be concerned about unless you get hit by the initial super.

Opening doom gives you the benefit of a really strong all around character being backed up with a ranged assist (gamma wave) and an amazing AA (gustaff fire) When Hulk comes in, hopefully doom is alive, and you can use his rocks to cover hulks average mobility. (not BAD imo. just average). Odds are, tron will come out when one or two of these chars are dead. Optimally, if ONE is dead, then she has an assist that helps her cover distance, which is really useful.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Ya I agree that your team Eru is slow. But I mean you have sentinel so you know. Hulk is strong as with his armor moves and huge hitboxes on his attacks kinda make him like a mini sentinel. Oh and watch your assist calling.. Im finding a lot of people are quite reckless when calling assists and just get punished by beams or hail storm.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Haha I didn't even see that you were using sent instead of doom. TBH, i would STILL be tempted to use the same strat I listed but with Sent first. I dunno though, his Random factor with lvl3 X factor is pretty huge.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Yeah at the moment I'm using either Sent or Doom - haven't quite decided who to use just yet.

While I understand how godlike Trons AA assist game actually is, I'm kind of hesitant to take her off point - she has the tools to be a good point character IMO, I'm just under utilising them - plus, landing one combo with Tron instantly means 3 v 2 - having that kind of advantage up front is pretty important I think - but in saying that, the flip side is also true - I get rushed down like a mofo (hence Hulk AA assist)

I like Tron/Hulk because of the DHC damage, and if need be (not something I'm good at knowing when to do just yet) King Servbot DHC Gamma Quake to tag out.

Using Sent drones / Doom rocks for them Tron combos at the mo, so I'm a bit hesitant to make changes there, since the reward for getting in once is so huge when those options are available.

Long story short, I have lots of good little parts to my team, and I think that if I change one thing, it fucks practically everything else up :/

Might give Doom/Hulk/Tron a run, then somehow figure out how to swap Tron and Doom so I have the DHC damage/safety options available, but it immediately sounds like that's gonna be a cunt of a thing - I don't know.

More games needed I think

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

She has the tools to be a good point character, but not at the start of the match imo. Yes, you have a full life team, and she is theoretically at her strongest there (same as every other character in the game) but given that the opposing team is the same, her weaknesses become all the more apparent at the start of the match. She only functions well here in certain obscure matches. Otherwise I think shes at a disadvantage starting.

She is a lot more effective at the back end, where she doesnt have to deal with the opponents assist controlling space. She can do quite well against common back end threats like Sent/Haggar etc as well. I personally think she just fits and plays better there. Thats where her strengths are more apparent, and her weaknesses arent nearly as bad, assuming an even match.

But if you ABSOLUTELY have to run her as a starter, I would play Hulk in 2nd on AA, and sent on projectile as you have been.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

She has the tools to be a good point character, but not at the start of the match imo

Good shit - pretty much what I had trouble figuring out - I knew something wasn't right, just couldn't put my finger on it - I think that's the main obstacle I'm having trouble with

Oh well, bring on the 0-2 at First Blood

samurai black

nah dont listen to bill, just beast eru.