• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV PC (7th July)

Started by fluxcore, April 29, 2009, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on June 16, 2009, 09:51:19 AM
Funny you should say ps3 perfect, since the 360 version is actually slightly graphically superior :P

Nah haven't tried it yet, a) forgot to take home my usb hard drive with it on last night, and b) I never turn on my gaming computer anymore

Well yeah, I meant ps3 perfect as the default setting has antialiasing switched off.  :P
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Any idea how the netcode will look on this one?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

I'm imagining just the same as the xbox version (I presume there's some similarity between the Games for Windows Live stuff and XBL).

a.k.a. should be a little better than PSN, but not as good as GGPO.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Damn, I was hoping that they would change it completely =_= GFWL just doesn't cut it imo

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

I've pre-ordered mine from DSE...$110  .. looked at mighty ape and its $70 incl delivery!!!
I should just fark DSE and order it from mightyape and i still save $$$!!!

I hope it runs good on my PC... Duo core2 2.6 GHZ with GF 8600 512 MB graphics card and 2GB ram. Its very close the recommend specs but as always having it higher than the recommend is better...

without secure rooms means we can burn this and put it on other PC? just not the online play of course...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Try out the benchmark tool, that's exactly what it's for.

I'd cancel my DSE pre-order if I were you.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 17, 2009, 11:57:21 AM
I've pre-ordered mine from DSE...$110  .. looked at mighty ape and its $70 incl delivery!!!
I should just fark DSE and order it from mightyape and i still save $$$!!!

I hope it runs good on my PC... Duo core2 2.6 GHZ with GF 8600 512 MB graphics card and 2GB ram. Its very close the recommend specs but as always having it higher than the recommend is better...

without secure rooms means we can burn this and put it on other PC? just not the online play of course...

Bro cancel that shit. Mightyape ftw.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Andy is just hoping he gets his 3 days early, then he'll be liek FUCCKK YOOOOU

MUMMYHALA

light weight!

I am seriously considering getting it for PC, but my main problems are:

1) is there a decent stick for pc?
2) what kind of multplayer community will there be?

If zolsa gets it for PC i can get monstered by his ryu 24-7 :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

1) TE stick should work on PC with the xbox controller PC drivers iirc
2) Id say the xbox/ps3 communities would be scrubbier on the whole. That being said, im guessing that shit blind.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I intend to pretty much drop xbl sf4 and move over to PC sf4. I know Lenny & Andy will be on there too, and I'm sure a couple of other ppl will also. There's sure to be a few aussie bods on as well, but yeah it's a bit hard to judge just how big the PC multiplayer base will be at this stage.

We can definitely organise certain nights when we'll all be on though, for some guaranteed competition!

As for the sticks, a nice cheap way would be to get a ps2 arcade stick and then get a ps2->usb converter. You can pick up a really good lag-free converter from playasia for about $15. Finding a stick is not necessarily so easy, but maybe you could convince someone around here to part with a PS2 stick (possibly a namco) somehow...

You could also go for either a PS3 or 360 arcade stick, because most of them have PC drivers available, but it's actually not easy finding them atm, especially for reasonable prices.

light weight!

Sweet sounds good
looks like pc is where its at

benchmark test looks good on my pc too!

mightyape here i come

Ashe

hrm.. i wonder if it'll be cheaper on steam once its released digitally?

fluxcore

Really not sure. I have seen some cases where full retail was cheaper than steam, and that $20 deal is pretty damned good...