• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV PC (7th July)

Started by fluxcore, April 29, 2009, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

I'm ordering mine today!!! cancelled my DSE one and got my refund!!!! lawl.

woot woot woot!!!.

Btw Mat, I made my own stick from a ps1 controller, its not hard to make so if you require some hlpe i got websites that are really helpful which helped me making mine.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

zos'la

just tried teh benchmark for SF4 on teh weekend, I can run HIGH on all using 800x600... but any higher resolution with require mid -low settings :(
I think i need to upgrade my VGA... 8600 GT is still not enough, god!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Even if my computer COULD run it on the highest settings, i would still be playing it on low to avoid as much lag as possible.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 22, 2009, 10:10:19 AM
Even if my computer COULD run it on the highest settings, i would still be playing it on low to avoid as much lag as possible.

This man is a pro. I almost always turn everything down to low except for shit like shadows and sometimes model details depending on the game
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on June 22, 2009, 10:07:33 AM
just tried teh benchmark for SF4 on teh weekend, I can run HIGH on all using 800x600... but any higher resolution with require mid -low settings :(
I think i need to upgrade my VGA... 8600 GT is still not enough, god!!!

8600GT is pretty crap.

Oh wait you're used to CS right? hahaha :D
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

yeah.. with CS i got 100 fps constant... but this game i get like 60 fps constant with the above settings. my 8600 GT 512 seems .. old now.

My mate got 9800 GT 1024 and can run at highest resolution with everything maxed, constant 60 fps... I think i need one now :P

fluxcore

9800gt even ain't so hot overall these days I think...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on June 22, 2009, 03:01:47 PM
9800gt even ain't so hot overall these days I think...

They aint too bad If you get the right one.  Some of them overclock really great.

I sploded my last 9800.  Had to put my 8600gt back in.  Little buggers chuggin away like no ones business.. hahahaha!

Might pick up a 275 or 260 at xlan.  See what the specials are.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Yeah, there's no point getting a 9 series over an 8 series unless you're going to overclock imo

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Īm thinking of Upgrading my mobo and cpu.  Dont know much about AMD, but liked the looks of this.  Washu reckon?

http://www.eoneonline.co.nz/shop/CP/Bundle+CPUMotherboardRam/CPU++Motherboard++Memory/B3013.html

fluxcore

I don't swing that way anymore Lenny

electric

I'd stay away from AMD, they've been doing a lot of weird shit lately... changing up socket architecture left, right and centre... almost going bust before the merger with ATI...

They had their hay day back when the Thunderbird was introduced, all the way up to the Athlon 64 X2's, but I think they're way behind Intel nowadays... Have only ever heard good things out of the new Intel core 2 duo's, although they're a tad on the expensive side at the moment as far as I know
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on June 22, 2009, 05:58:30 PM
I'd stay away from AMD, they've been doing a lot of weird shit lately... changing up socket architecture left, right and centre... almost going bust before the merger with ATI...

They had their hay day back when the Thunderbird was introduced, all the way up to the Athlon 64 X2's, but I think they're way behind Intel nowadays... Have only ever heard good things out of the new Intel core 2 duo's, although they're a tad on the expensive side at the moment as far as I know

Ive got a E6300/6200? I2Core Duo.  Its been really good since I have had it, but am thinking its time for an upgrade.

Maybe I should just replace the chip and go for a better graphics card?

fluxcore

if your mobo supports it and you want to upgrade cpu, get an E8400

that and a new gfx card will bring you right up to speed