• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NZism Street Fighter IV Training Session at RvB on Saturday the 30th of May

Started by Lennysaurus, May 09, 2009, 09:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 20, 2009, 10:58:37 PM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 20, 2009, 10:04:34 PM
Cool. I'm sure it'd be a hit.  8)

Thatd be a really good idea.  Shit man.  You been dropping the good suggestions lately.

When is the next training session on?  I'd love to do a piece on spacing and pressure.

Excellent suggestion Lenny, I'm tuning in for that one, and if I can offer any assistance, please, let me know.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 21, 2009, 12:54:28 PM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 20, 2009, 10:58:37 PM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 20, 2009, 10:04:34 PM
Cool. I'm sure it'd be a hit.  8)

Thatd be a really good idea.  Shit man.  You been dropping the good suggestions lately.

When is the next training session on?  I'd love to do a piece on spacing and pressure.

Excellent suggestion Lenny, I'm tuning in for that one, and if I can offer any assistance, please, let me know.

Yeah probly the biggest issue at the moment for alot of begginner street fighter players is recognising when their pressure strings are ending, and what to do, and what not to do at the end of a pressure string.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 21, 2009, 09:36:29 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on June 21, 2009, 12:46:44 PM
...It's not just a 'practice combos' mode.

It isn't??! Tell more!!!
It can also be the "revenge mode". Pick a character that u hate and beat the shit out of him.

Hydro

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 21, 2009, 09:54:44 PM

It isn't??! Tell more!!!
It can also be the "revenge mode". Pick a character that u hate and beat the shit out of him.

That's why I usually do my daily C.viper training drills on RYU and BOXER ;)

HoneyBadger

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 21, 2009, 10:43:48 PM

It isn't??! Tell more!!!

I just do Ryu cause I'm too lazy to move the cursor to anyone else...
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 21, 2009, 10:43:48 PM

It isn't??! Tell more!!!

\

I have to love that comment lawl...
But I would have to agree with Mobius in regards to a machine setup for training, maybe even 2. This will give people like myself to train. :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I generally go ryu because hes a 1000hp 1000stun character, and hes arguably the hardest one to land El Fuerte's RSF on because of his initial recoil animation, and the way his hitbox is when he crumples.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on June 22, 2009, 09:36:33 AM

But I would have to agree with Mobius in regards to a machine setup for training, maybe even 2. This will give people like myself to train. :D

Yeah my weak point is combos. I'm sure I'll learn faster if someone watches me and just points out what I'm doing wrong. I'm glad so many others are supportive of this idea. I'm sure a lot of Newbies will welcome it too.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 22, 2009, 10:26:38 PM
Quote from: zosla on June 22, 2009, 09:36:33 AM

Yeah my weak point is combos. I'm sure I'll learn faster if someone watches me and just points out what I'm doing wrong. I'm glad so many others are supportive of this idea. I'm sure a lot of Newbies will welcome it too.

I've said it a thousand times, when Simon learns to combo consistently, watch the fuck out. All fretting aside Som, I'm happy to help you with your combos bro.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

I think we also need to do a tutorial on plinking, negative edge, shortcuts etc. A lot of new players don't know this shit and it really does help with your combos
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

I've been picking up plinking recently, and in my experience... it just fucks your brain hahahha

I've been sticking with it though, and I can see how it might eventually pay off... it ruined my timing something ridiculous, but it's irreplaceable for things like raging demons...

Each to their own I guess
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

There's only one combo I do that plinking would be useful for (a 1 frame link), unfortunately it's a Seth combo and plinking actually fucks me up more because I get 1 of 3 unintended moves by doing it. I think my actual execution percentage is higher without it because of that!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness