• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackSmash

In new zealand, only old ppl play KOF  ;D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Sooo any news on SSF4AE for yifans?
pringles

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer it's broken. So when it comes to console it's gonna be the updated version  :D
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Not there yet. Im on earlys so im probably gonna be there every day this week. Will keep you homos posted.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

I just realised something.

Those that don't have regular access to Yifans are going to be at a huge disadvantage come next nationals. Especially those that like to character hop based on tiers.

Lennysaurus

Yeah I guess so.  Guess it depends how long it takes to get the console version.

Next years nats will be held on mid July at this point, so as long as its not too far ahead should be fine.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 21, 2010, 01:00:34 PM
Yeah I guess so.  Guess it depends how long it takes to get the console version.

Next years nats will be held on mid July at this point, so as long as its not too far ahead should be fine.

It's probably gonna be released like a week before the Nationals. I say regular bi weekly challenges be held at Yifans from now on instead of Giga.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 21, 2010, 01:04:26 PM
It's probably gonna be released like a week before the Nationals. I say regular bi weekly challenges be held at Yifans from now on instead of Giga.

Oh do they have a date for the console release of the patch?   If its not released before nats, then god knows what we are gonna do.  I don't even want to think about it at this point.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

geneterror

Scrap SSF4 and just make the 3 games BB:CS, MvC3 and KOF XIII ;)
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on December 21, 2010, 01:04:26 PM

Yifans dont allow us to do similar 'events' to giga. Yifans will ONLY charge per game, exactly as it is now. This has been discussed with them A LOT over the years, and they dont budge on this. I dont mind hitting yifans up every 2nd friday, but we can't do the whole "Pay $10, play as much as you like" thing due to how Yifans operates.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

yup, was there today with kevin, not out yet :(
The Owner was not there today... so will have to check it out when he is in...

But when it does comes out, I'll be there every lunch time when I can :P
I love the arcade environment :) you lose, u get off!!! :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on December 21, 2010, 01:47:45 PM
Yifans dont allow us to do similar 'events' to giga. Yifans will ONLY charge per game, exactly as it is now. This has been discussed with them A LOT over the years, and they dont budge on this. I dont mind hitting yifans up every 2nd friday, but we can't do the whole "Pay $10, play as much as you like" thing due to how Yifans operates.

Nah I was just meaning everyone goes there on a certain day at regular intervals. So those from out of town can drive in with certainty that there is an event on.

$10 will get you five games and people tend to talk more to each other at Yifans than at Giga because the focus will be on one match at a time.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 21, 2010, 01:05:59 PM
Oh do they have a date for the console release of the patch?   If its not released before nats, then god knows what we are gonna do.  I don't even want to think about it at this point.

It would be even funnier if it happened just before Evo.  :D

massi4h

Fingers crossed that yifans will magically love us so much that they either make it a dollar or 2 for $3.