• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Glad you guys joined up. Was good to meet you the other day. Im Bill, the dude playing Dudley/Fuerte.

As for our Ranbats next Friday, this is the topic to look at.

http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,1735.105/topicseen.html

People will probably be down at timezone beforehand playing AE. Tag along with those guys.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Flash

Quote from: HyperViper NZ on February 04, 2011, 12:14:50 AM
IR U IM B IL E: My old gamertag is Ethereal Mirage, I think I already have you on my friends list.

Hey man welcome to the site i remember playing your viper a few months back GGs.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: HyperViper NZ on February 04, 2011, 12:14:50 AM
IR U IM B IL E: My old gamertag is Ethereal Mirage, I think I already have you on my friends list.

Cool. Nice to finally meet you. Sick and annoying Viper lol.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

LN

Welcome. Let's just say that whatever Mark has said about us is probably pretty inaccurate, lol :)
There is no knowledge that is not power

HoneyBadger

Yeah you guys should come to TZ instead! Pretty much everyone goes down there for AE now :3
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Went down yesterday and I saw that they now have SSF4. So they got 2 vanilla SF4 cabs linked up and 2 SSF4 cabs linked up right next to eachother. It's $2 a game though and the lag is 100x worse than the vanilla cabs, I'm not sure why. It was so bad, it felt like playing mvc3 online :(

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

too little too late yiffans !!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on March 29, 2011, 04:42:38 PM
Went down yesterday and I saw that they now have SSF4. So they got 2 vanilla SF4 cabs linked up and 2 SSF4 cabs linked up right next to eachother. It's $2 a game though and the lag is 100x worse than the vanilla cabs, I'm not sure why. It was so bad, it felt like playing mvc3 online :(

Well that's something. Overall I find Yifans more and comfortable and convenient than Timezone.

originaljulz

Stuck in the mid '90s with their coins system. At least you won't get told off for having a drink in TZ. Well, if you can call nonsensical grunts and your drink being taken away 'being told off.'

Good for when I need to break a note into change though.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CrazyMobius

My main gripes with TZ are the card system and the awkward seating system.

Rorooze

Card is way better than coin imo. Seats aren't great and it is a bit grubby at TZ but TZ staff are infinitely more helpful. It's also only really 90 cents a game if you have a VIP card and only top up when it is double dollars, less than half the price of yifans.

massi4h

And it doesn't lag... Seriously have a try on it at Yifans and you will be very disappointed.

[8-----D] Toots

The lag is terrible it really feels like you are playing online.

I personally would rather play at yifans if the sf4 setups were up to standard and the pricing was better. Timezone doesn't feel like an arcade to me and the only other fighting games they have are new games like tekken and bb. It used to be cool going down and seeing a bunch of different people playing a bunch of different games  :'(

HoneyBadger

Yeah yifans would be the baddest if the cabs worked properly
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

DVS

Yifans now has AE for $2 a game, 2 cabs, probably be a 4 cab set up (he was half way through setting up when I was playing). We had a fire alarm go off at work so I was able to sneak off for a few games. Haven't played down at Yifans since last year, so I was rusty, noticed screen lag straight away.

Take it or leave it....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......