• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 03, 2009, 09:04:53 PM
Quote from: CtrlAltTehl33t on August 03, 2009, 08:44:46 PM
so this tourney is all about random shoryukens?
No it's not about random shoryuken. It's about the number of shoryuken you can pull out in 1 match. Spamming shoryuken owns random shoryuken :D
Btw james, how do you know we are seeded ?? What about the others (Cody/Andy/Ben) ??

Here's who's seeded:

Everyone who placed top 8 at the first tourney (who's playing of course): Ben, Andy, Mike, Simon, Gino, Matt, Hue.
Everyone who placed top 8 at Xlan: Simon, Kevin, Mason, Mike etc.

So yeah, pretty much the only one from your friends who isn't seeded is Cody, but he probably will be for the following tourney.

EDIT: BTW: This is what Alan, Lenny and Andy have deemed to be the fairest way to seed for the tourney. If someone thinks they should or should-not be seeded, prove it at this one by placing top 8 or not placing top 8.

As for me personally: I'd be happy with placing 3rd, stoked at 2nd, and fuckin histerical if I get 1st. And that's a big mutha-smurfing IF!

fluxcore

Not quite true, there won't be that many seeds. Maybe top 4, heavily weighted towards the xlan crew I'd say. Kind of depends how many people turn up.

So far the top 3 by far are Kevin, Simonfish, iMagneto (based on the past two tournaments). There won't be any arguing about all this again, there's really nothing you can say that hasn't been said, and the seeding is only to try to avoid the top players (who have proven themselves) from facing each other at the start, nothing more.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 03, 2009, 09:59:12 PM
Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 03, 2009, 09:04:53 PM
Quote from: CtrlAltTehl33t on August 03, 2009, 08:44:46 PM
so this tourney is all about random shoryukens?
No it's not about random shoryuken. It's about the number of shoryuken you can pull out in 1 match. Spamming shoryuken owns random shoryuken :D
Btw james, how do you know we are seeded ?? What about the others (Cody/Andy/Ben) ??

Here's who's seeded:

Everyone who placed top 8 at the first tourney (who's playing of course): Ben, Andy, Mike, Simon, Gino, Matt, Hue.
Everyone who placed top 8 at Xlan: Simon, Kevin, Mason, Mike etc.

So yeah, pretty much the only one from your friends who isn't seeded is Cody, but he probably will be for the following tourney.
whhhhhhhhooooooollllllyyyyyyy shhhhhiiiiiittttttt,
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on August 03, 2009, 10:05:29 PM
Not quite true, there won't be that many seeds. Maybe top 4, heavily weighted towards the xlan crew I'd say. Kind of depends how many people turn up.

So far the top 3 by far are Kevin, Simonfish, iMagneto (based on the past two tournaments). There won't be any arguing about all this again, there's really nothing you can say that hasn't been said, and the seeding is only to try to avoid the top players (who have proven themselves) from facing each other at the start, nothing more.

Oh, o.k, sweet.

Sorry Hue, looks like you could be facing Kev - Cody 1st and 2nd rounds. Better you than me my bro . . .  ;)

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on August 03, 2009, 10:05:29 PM

Oh yeah sounds more like it.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

All I can say is the more tournaments you enter the better chance you have of being seeded (if you do well of course). No tournaments = no chance for seeding. No surprise there!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on August 03, 2009, 10:10:53 PM
All I can say is the more tournaments you enter the better chance you have of being seeded (if you do well of course). No tournaments = no chance for seeding. No surprise there!

True True.

I wish I had the days off from the kids to compete more, they always seem to fall on a saturday, and there's like a 5% chance of me getting a baby sitter for the day. . . I have my boys on the weekends so yeah, sucky for being consistently competitive in tourneys. I had to book in with the sitters months in advance for this tourney lol!

BTW my eldest plays Blanka, I'm a train him for nats next year. . . there's no age cut off right? ;) he'll be 5 then lol!

Gino

Teach him to play Cammy, that way he can beat the japanese!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 03, 2009, 10:16:45 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 03, 2009, 10:10:53 PM

True True.

I wish I had the days off from the kids to compete more, they always seem to fall on a saturday, and there's like a 5% chance of me getting a baby sitter for the day. . . I have my boys on the weekends so yeah, sucky for being consistently competitive in tourneys. I had to book in with the sitters months in advance for this tourney lol!

BTW my eldest plays Blanka, I'm a train him for nats next year. . . there's no age cut off right? ;) he'll be 5 then lol!
daym not another 5 yr old Blanka player.

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 03, 2009, 10:23:16 PM

Yeah, you won't be the only one there now Weazzy lol

Na, but yeah, I'm trying to get him to play Gief  . . . . . . .   ;)

Cr8zyK1LL3r

I see..... that's how the seeding works. So Kevin, Simon and Imagneto will be seeded for sure. I hope i'm in the same bracket with Mike. haha..... But the chance is only 1/3 :(

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 03, 2009, 10:24:47 PM

Na, but yeah, I'm trying to get him to play Gief  . . . . . . .   ;)
Ohhhhh man wada sad dude, my blanka's beasty as a ma fuka and like my 17th character choice.You dont even wana play my no 1,2,3,4 and 5 .

Skullator

Seeding don't mean jack shit in the scheme of things.
Heres to a scrub boxer in the first round, putting me on the same level as everyone else!

Hydro, wellington topic, urgent

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 03, 2009, 10:33:25 PM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 03, 2009, 10:24:47 PM

Na, but yeah, I'm trying to get him to play Gief  . . . . . . .   ;)
Ohhhhh man wada sad dude, my blanka's beasty as a ma fuka and like my 17th character choice.You dont even wana play my no 1,2,3,4 and 5 .

hahaha yeah right, see you at the tourney with your 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 right?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yep if ders dat char change rule then for sure, my top 5 all massively beastly, and my 6 pack of bourbon8's and my 10 pack of niggaz, so if someone beats me theyre getting a solid MS13 13 minute ass jacking in da parking lot, i aint playing.