• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Hey Andy I can print out some posters at work if you want? My Graphic Design work is actually at a print place so I could do you 20 A3 ones or something at work if you want?
I live in Newton Gulley by Kings Arms if you wanted to come and grab them some time soon?
KOW 2011

Hydro

Has there been any decision made on things like the Character selection rules on the day, or do we just refer the general tourney rules?

fluxcore

Yeah the rules are all in there, char sel stuff too.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

fluxcore

Well, let's just say I hope a bunch of people pick up seth on the side to beat a particular Zangief.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Are you referring to Kevin's Gief? oh wait it can't be THAT hard to figure out!!!! LOL

I am sure we will have good games :) that is all it matters.

Quote from: geneterror on June 16, 2009, 02:46:05 PM
Hey Andy I can print out some posters at work if you want? My Graphic Design work is actually at a print place so I could do you 20 A3 ones or something at work if you want?
I live in Newton Gulley by Kings Arms if you wanted to come and grab them some time soon?

Yeah man that would be GREAT!!! could you PM me your physical address and contact number? I'll come pick them up tomorrow or something as i finish at 3 pm :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, im gonna have to pick up ryu/sagat or something. My El Fuerte is getting better, but not fast enough.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

HoneyBadger

But I thought... BIRRY WONG! HE NEBA GIBBING UP!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 17, 2009, 09:16:30 AM
your furte got a long wayyyyy to go :)

Yea, but not as long as you think imo. Youve got to remember he has an uphill battle fighting almost EVERY character in the game. His whole game revolves around which person guesses right, and if I dont, then im toast.

I can execute everything that i need to at this point, what i need to work on now is playing safer, but keeping the pressure up. Fundamentally im expecting this to take me a while to master, given that a) Im not good at the fundamentals anyway, and b) neither is el fuerte as a character.

Retrospectively i think that even if i become the best el fuerte in the world, im still going to have the same amount of trouble beating you guys, which is why i was thinking about selling out and going for Ryu/Sagat.

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 17, 2009, 09:23:09 AM
But I thought... BIRRY WONG! HE NEBA GIBBING UP!

As long as i have the crowd on my side, yelling broken english at me, BIRRY WONG will continue to main el fuerte. I just want an (aggressive) character thats easier to win with if im having trouble doing so with fuerte. (Maybe Rufus?)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Rufus is good, but has some pretty horrid matchups (Sagat, Ryu, Zangief come to mind... and who are you going to be facing?)

zos'la

you got a lot to Learn from Lenny :D ill keep it simple.
By all means pick up Ryu or Sagat and see how your learning curve goes.

CptMunta

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 16, 2009, 08:31:18 PM
Fuck, im gonna have to pick up ryu/sagat or something. My El Fuerte is getting better, but not fast enough.

DON'T DO IT!

"No retreat! No surrender!"
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

to be honest I don't give a damn about the char being low or high tier. Just play with the char you are comfortable with and for me Ryu was my first char when i tried the game out and I like the play style of him. The tier thing never existed when the game first came out, all i knew was he was one of the original char from previous SF and would be wise to start from that.

I am learning Chun Li now and also Gief, not sure if they whatever tier but I enjoy using them and that is all it matters.