• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Gino on August 14, 2009, 10:15:55 AM
Quote from: maelgrim on August 14, 2009, 07:11:34 AM
So good luck to all.
& Go Blanka !

Rarh Rarh RAARRRRHHHHHH!

Gino, that's NOT the hole you're meant to put the fork into. It goes in your MOUTH.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 14, 2009, 10:20:22 AM
Quote from: Gino on August 14, 2009, 10:15:55 AM
Quote from: maelgrim on August 14, 2009, 07:11:34 AM
So good luck to all.
& Go Blanka !

Rarh Rarh RAARRRRHHHHHH!

Gino, that's NOT the hole you're meant to put the fork into. It goes in your MOUTH.
GRRRRRHHHH!!!!!!!     GRRRH???
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Quote from: Toomeke on August 11, 2009, 08:22:56 PM
You guys can stay at my place if ya wanted. Whatever day is fine by me. Might be going to Giga on Friday night but probably not for long as I wanna get a good sleep in. If Gino wanted to get some practice this would probably be his best bet.

May have to take you up on that for Saturday night, seems that none of our other plans have panned out (unless of course stu comes through with the hotel somehow), aren't you totally out of the way though?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on August 14, 2009, 08:59:13 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on August 11, 2009, 08:22:56 PM
You guys can stay at my place if ya wanted. Whatever day is fine by me. Might be going to Giga on Friday night but probably not for long as I wanna get a good sleep in. If Gino wanted to get some practice this would probably be his best bet.

May have to take you up on that for Saturday night, seems that none of our other plans have panned out (unless of course stu comes through with the hotel somehow), aren't you totally out of the way though?

I'm closer to town than Leo or Euan but the furthest from Hamilton

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck i feel like hammered shit right now, just finished doing the biggest power chuck, good luck tomorrow everyone.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

So here's the seedings I came up with based on the top 8 tournament results from Xlan and our first tournament.

1)Devilstar (kevin)
2)Simonfish
3)iMagneto
4)Toomeke
5)Zosla (Andy)
6)Smoof
7)Light Weight!
8)Massi4h
9)Stereomonkey (stu)
10)Blackstar
11)Gino

I know some of your might find these a bit amusing, but if you think you deserved to be seeded instead, then you should have
a) done better at the first tourney
or
b) gone to xlan

:P

BTW I had to leave Lenny and Myself out of the seedings since we can't enter anyway :( Lenny would have been #4!

I'll say once again, that seeding just means these players are less likely to play each other early in the bracket - nothing more. Any of you unseeded people could be matched against any of them, so if you think you should have been seeded you can get your wish next tourney by beating them and then placing somewhere at the end :) And as always, you'll have to play the best people regardless if you're going to win anyway.

Also depending on the number of entrants fewer people could be seeded than this ranked 11.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Yus I'm seeded lol!

Anyway, due to bad bus times, I can either get there at 10:30 or 11:30ish. Would 11:30ish be fine to register and everything (plus bringing my xbox HDD and disc)?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Oh fuck. Hue is unseeded.

And shot smoof, seed number 6 baby. But i think as long as those top 4 seeds are as they are i dont have any qualms with the rest of them.

Im feeling good about today. Horrifically nervous, and not expecting much of myself performance-wise, but im mad hype for this shit.

Didnt sleep much last night, mostly due to the fact that im experiencing chronic neck pain atm, but ill pretend it was tournament-related excitement. Im gonna need to go see a retardedly expensive physiotherapist for this tourney excitement it would seem >_>
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: massi4h on August 15, 2009, 08:02:16 AM
Yus I'm seeded lol!

Anyway, due to bad bus times, I can either get there at 10:30 or 11:30ish. Would 11:30ish be fine to register and everything (plus bringing my xbox HDD and disc)?

Yeah you'll be ok with 11:30 :)

fluxcore

Oh, and I've actually just been fiddling with some brackets in the tourney software, and it doesn't let me do quite what I was hoping  (specify the first 11 and then have 'random' after that) - the closest it can do to what I want is specify three 'skill' groups, so I'd put 1-5 into 'expert', 6-11 into 'novice', and everyone else into 'beginner'. It seems to do a pretty reasonable job though, assigns byes as I'd expect. It just means that Kevin may not be in position #1, simon #2 and mike #3 etc. The result is pretty much the same though.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, to maintain transparency.

edit: scratch that, I've actually worked out a way to sort the entries in the different skill brackets, so that's sweet.

massi4h

massi4h

Actually if RVB are open at 10:30 I'll gladly come help set up.

fluxcore

Lenny: can you bring a 4-way power board or two and an extension cable?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I take it everyone should bring sticks, discs and HDD's just to be on the safe side?
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.