• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

GGXX #R: 2005 home session vids HTTP + Yifans Casuals (YouTube) Auckland

Started by Zenki, February 10, 2007, 03:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Quote from: gunsmoke on February 12, 2007, 07:56:23 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on February 12, 2007, 05:44:38 PM
uFOOOOO!!!

My Slayer sucks.

--flux

Mine is sux too..just focus on vampire bites infinite( donno wot it call ) ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm pretty sure it's the Bite Loop. This is what Ukyo Tachibana told me, from shoryuken.com.

Zenki

haven't posted in a while.
Slayer's bite loop actually isn't that easy for a beginner to learn aye... the max possible bites is about 6-7 (you have to do bites by 6,632147+HS, ie dash back jump cancelling to do the bites quick as possible), around there the timing is so narrow that the other guy can mash out from the stun if the input is just few frames too late.

powerful indeed tho if u master it :)
I think you end it with a standing HS cancel pile bunker... damage!

and woah oops sorry fluxcore if the Venom was a bit sad...

btw guys my bro brought the 30fps digi cam I was talking a while back, it's gonna stay in NZ so in about few weeks I'll be back to record better footage :D

fluxcore

Quote from: Zenki on February 23, 2007, 02:13:56 PM
Slayer's bite loop actually isn't that easy for a beginner to learn aye... the max possible bites is about 6-7 (you have to do bites by 6,632147+HS, ie dash back jump cancelling to do the bites quick as possible), around there the timing is so narrow that the other guy can mash out from the stun if the input is just few frames too late.

Yeah, that all sounds right... If I ever did the BDC correctly, I could never get it consistently enough to really bother with it, so I'd basically flake out just to Bite, HS, Pilebunker. Still not bad damage wise.

Quoteand woah oops sorry fluxcore if the Venom was a bit sad...

Shit man, no worries! I will admit I would have challenged more than once if I had put up more of a fight though :D

Quotebtw guys my bro brought the 30fps digi cam I was talking a while back, it's gonna stay in NZ so in about few weeks I'll be back to record better footage :D

Sweet, the footage you put up before was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to more!

Cheers,
--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: Zenki on February 23, 2007, 02:13:56 PM
haven't posted in a while.

and woah oops sorry fluxcore if the Venom was a bit sad...

btw guys my bro brought the 30fps digi cam I was talking a while back, it's gonna stay in NZ so in about few weeks I'll be back to record better footage :D

:) i found Slayer's bite loop it easy to do on cpu but donno if vs human .
Slayer's bite loop semi infinite = huh huh HAH HUH aka Ironman infinite ( easiest infinite in mvc2)  8) 8) 8)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Coddfish

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on February 10, 2007, 09:28:28 PM
OMG, that match vid of me actually took place?

I can't even remember doing such a funky badmoon set-up after the throw...

TIME TO TAKE NOTES!!!

I'll try and get my camcorder working so we can get good footage.

I also noticed that funky setup. I hope you don't mind me (trying to) steal it? :D
One question: is the timing for it really strict? I can't seem to pull it off, unless I IAD over the enemy, and sometimes off a superjump (which takes too long, giving the enemy ample time to block). Off normal jumps, I just can't seem to pull it off.

!DIABLO GTR!

PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

Ryan

fighting game noob

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

Quote from: Ryan on March 20, 2007, 12:44:46 AM
check out this match. Clash battle! really cool haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgP--P8j7gE&NR

They must really know each other's playstyles :P
Don't like seeing Venom lose though :(

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That video looks waaaay too much like they practiced that opening. also, in one post, someone outline the basics of this game for me, im thinking about taking it up. If only because i like Johnny and Ky.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 22, 2007, 03:49:16 PM
That video looks waaaay too much like they practiced that opening. also, in one post, someone outline the basics of this game for me, im thinking about taking it up. If only because i like Johnny and Ky.

LOL Slayer cheap infinite.....work.... ;D ;D ;D im just too lucky last time....
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Basics of the game? I'm sure there's a good gamefaqs basic guide somewhere... think fastish action, air combos, a "get out of 1 combo" move, air dashing... is that what you're after?

--flux

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 22, 2007, 03:49:16 PM

press buttons and win

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quotepress buttons and win

tried that the other day, apparently ben is better at it than i am. I cant seem to get the hang of the air combos in that game, are they character specific or are there generic ones?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Coddfish

They're pretty character specific.

www.dustloop.com is a great resource for that sort of stuff. :)