• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Old OzHadou interview gets me thinking about NZism's future, please read!

Started by fluxcore, June 19, 2009, 02:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

God I can't wait for KoFXII.

I'd cruise up to Auckland for KoFXII and T6BR tourneys. I'd probably enter a SFIV tourney just for a laugh too.

Will

T6 is crazy popular, might end up getting into it when it drops on console and the person that runs the smash tourneys at his place is Sambo, would be best to get in touch with him through GP forums.

Good interview, Starks interviews are allways good.
Learning....

Barnstorm

Quote from: boringryu on June 20, 2009, 07:06:26 PM
I'm fairly sure a few people from Welly, probably up to 5 or so would travel up for 3s, but probably no other game other than T6. I'd enter other tourneys just to make up numbers but not for serious.
Might be a bit sour playing console 3s though, however FBA or an arcade solves that.

as far as I know console is perfectly fine for 3rd strike

if you were to organize a big event you would have to have

tekken BR
SF4

if you want to see people traveling these are gona be the major draws

tekken has the biggest scene in newzealand and people do travel for that i know every wellington player would travel to aucks if they had the money/time

for the most recent tekken tourny 6 went from welly had 1 hamiltonian and 2 from Christchurch attend plus the auckland regulars

maybes would include:

Marvel
3rd strike
blazblue (which will only be auckland players as far as i know)
HD remix

but i doubt many players would leave home for just these unless they also play tekken or sf4

Chuckk

Perfectly fine, maybe, the same as arcade, definitly not.
Thats enough of a difference tbh.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

At yifans, arguably the most played game(s) is friggin Kof97-2002.

Blazblue has a growing crowd, but its nothing to write home about. Even when it gets a console release, i still dont think the community will grow too much.

When MVC2 drops on 360/ps3 i think would be the perfect time to do something to get that community buzzing. I would guess that it will get a hell of a lot of downloads, but it risks an early death. A marvel comp after say, 3 months would be enough to keep it alive, at least for a while.

At this point, SF4 and Tekken 6 are the only 'safe' bets. I think inevitably we would want some HD remix/marvel/3rd strike in there. (Though the 3rd strike crowd seem to be migrating to SF4) And the (early)Kof community would be a great one to reach out too, but the auckland based ones dont tend to speak a lot of english.

KofXII, at least at yifans, was dead before it even got started.

Im only speaking from an auckland perspective here. Its probably quite a lot different elsewhere. Im also biased towards marvel, but i would say my comments on it specifically are pretty sound.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: boringryu on June 21, 2009, 09:29:54 PM

what console are you playing on and what differences are you talking about?

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Barnstorm on June 22, 2009, 12:57:08 AM
Quote from: boringryu on June 21, 2009, 09:29:54 PM

what console are you playing on and what differences are you talking about?

Ps2 version is the closest to arcade perfect yet there is still a few differences. Main thing is that its a bit faster. There is also some damage and stun differences for instance Yangs rekkas do less stun damage.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

[8-----D] Toots

DC version is crap apparently. Different speed and apparently it drops frames and shit.

Ps2 is tourney standard

fluxcore

DC version changes lots of things, no unblockables for a start, some horrible timing changes as well.

PS2 is basically arcade, but people will always complain about something.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: fluxcore on June 22, 2009, 11:24:40 AM
DC version changes lots of things, no unblockables for a start, some horrible timing changes as well.

PS2 is basically arcade, but people will always complain about something.

:o :o :o
that explains some things
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Chuckk

I'd play ps2 version but you spend all your time/money playing and practicing on one format, be nice too compete on it. However, as long as 3s was represented i'm sure a few people from here would come up for it.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Couldnt I or someone else just bring there pc and run the arcade rom through mame or ggpo ar kawaks and just plug 2 360 TE sticks in Like I do at home ?

Instant arcade accurate game .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Chuckk

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on June 22, 2009, 11:49:24 AM
Couldnt I or someone else just bring there pc and run the arcade rom through mame or ggpo ar kawaks and just plug 2 360 TE sticks in Like I do at home ?

Instant arcade accurate game .

Threw that out there before, seems like a simple fix.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

fluxcore

If your computer drops one frame there'll be a shitstorm. Really not sure if I'll bother with an emu setup, we'll see. I think I've said this already..
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness