• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

[NZism SFIV National Tournament 15.08.09] Questions and Answers

Started by Hydro, June 21, 2009, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on June 27, 2009, 10:30:42 AM
You really want someone talking shit over your game while you are playing?

It will add to the entertainment factor while watching others. However most of the people who would be qualified would either be entering or organizing things so maybe not practical.

It would be good to have some sort of speaker system though to highlight what's going on. Even Armageddon has Bill letting everyone know when the Ice cream eating competition is on. 

fluxcore

Yeah it would be great to have a bullhorn or something to call names on, since that's to the benefit of all. I just really don't want any kind of commentary to impact the players, since they ARE the tourney. I know I'd find it very distracting having someone call a match that I was playing and being able to hear it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Gino on June 27, 2009, 09:42:59 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 27, 2009, 08:55:09 AM
QUESTION: Are there going to be commentators? (please say yes)

I vote B1ackstar Ninja

HERE COMES SMOOF WITH THE DAMAGERRRRRRR HES OLEEET TIIIGEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 29, 2009, 09:30:48 AM
Quote from: Gino on June 27, 2009, 09:42:59 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 27, 2009, 08:55:09 AM
QUESTION: Are there going to be commentators? (please say yes)

I vote B1ackstar Ninja

HERE COMES SMOOF WITH THE DAMAGERRRRRRR HES OLEEET TIIIGEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SOOOONNNNNIIIIIICCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zos'la

For those intending to enter the tournament, can we please get you to pre register so we can get a better idea of the amount of entrants.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

So..... Will we know what platform we're playing on beforehand?

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

we will try our best to accomedate you guys. I am sure we will annnounce the matches and their plateform so you guys get heads up? Actually I'll leave it to Allan to answer :)

HoneyBadger

Quote from: zosla on August 06, 2009, 12:30:51 PM
we will try our best to accomedate you guys. I am sure we will annnounce the matches and their plateform so you guys get heads up? Actually I'll leave it to Allan to answer :)

I just think it'd speed shit up for you guys since we'd spend less time organising sticks and shit

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

I'm expecting most of you to 'donate' your sticks for the event so that we can have permanent stick setups and only have to change things in strange circumstances - this will be by far the quickest and easiest, and then it doesn't really matter which console you get asked to play on. I don't see any good reason why this can't happen, unless you guys are eggs. I know we've asked many times for everyone who has sticks to bring them so we can use them, but some people don't seem to like doing that, and it's a bit disappointing when there are many others who have no problem helping out.

In practice this might not work so well, but we'll have to see. It's really up to you guys how much trouble you want to make. I'm hoping that since we have a relatively small scene that pretty much all know each other, it shouldn't be too bad. I may be proven wrong.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Quote from: fluxcore on August 06, 2009, 02:00:06 PM
I'm expecting most of you to 'donate' your sticks for the event so that we can have permanent stick setups and only have to change things in strange circumstances - this will be by far the quickest and easiest, and then it doesn't really matter which console you get asked to play on. I don't see any good reason why this can't happen, unless you guys are eggs. I know we've asked many times for everyone who has sticks to bring them so we can use them, but some people don't seem to like doing that, and it's a bit disappointing when there are many others who have no problem helping out.

In practice this might not work so well, but we'll have to see. It's really up to you guys how much trouble you want to make. I'm hoping that since we have a relatively small scene that pretty much all know each other, it shouldn't be too bad. I may be proven wrong.

Put it this way

No problem with NZism grinding on my PS3 TE
Slight problem with complete randoms breaking my shit.
Sticks are kind of worth loving..

Everyone can use my ps3 though obviously, SFIV \ Blazblue \ HD remix

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on August 06, 2009, 02:38:46 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 06, 2009, 02:00:06 PM

Put it this way

No problem with NZism grinding on my PS3 TE
Slight problem with complete randoms breaking my shit.
Sticks are kind of worth loving..

Everyone can use my ps3 though obviously, SFIV \ Blazblue \ HD remix

This is how i look at it too im afraid. That $400 isnt easy to come by. I intend to bring and donate my stick, but if that shit gets abused, i expect an instant red card. And if that shit gets broken, i expect that everyone will be ok with me breaking the culprits face, cutting open his torso, and selling his organs to fund a new stick. (More serious than you think btw.)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

I'll be bringing my own (PS3) stick, but am unsure how long I'll be able to stick around for as I'll be busy in the evening, so I can probably donate it until I have to leave... Any estimates on how long the tournament will run for with the current amount of entrants we have ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

The event shouldn't take longer that 4-5 hours, so expect it to start about 1PM and finish 6 pm or so.

I agree that we should be careful with the sticks that people are donating to let us use it the tournament and I am sure most of us are considerate enough tho we can expect some randoms that may abuse this. Thats why we will most likely have admin watching each game and if issue does arise we can stop it before it gets worst.

Hydro

um, wouldn't take longer depending on the amount of people we have attending. I mean, you had like 30 last time and didn't it take about 5 hours?

Sure things are a little more organised this time, and that's awesome but really we could have 50 people at this one, thats almost twice as many games. . . lots more time to get through them all, yeah?