• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Sirlin's post-Evo2k9 thoughts

Started by fluxcore, July 24, 2009, 07:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

moose!

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on July 24, 2009, 09:50:06 AM
There's actually a lot of good discussion in the forums on the site as well. Sirlin basically gets attacked and backs up his argument by saying "0f throws are good because they add to offense AND defense"

Anyone who plays ST knows how great defensive throws are. I actually don't even like SF4's 3 frame throws...

SFiv's short block stun combined with 0f throws equals ragequit  :D

BB is a really offensive game with lots of mixups so I don't understand what Sirlin is talking about. Throws are more like overheads in bb in that they are to catch you off gaurd rather than put you in some retarded 70/30 mixup or whatever. Also Tager only really loses to the characters who can keep him zoned. If his throws were better than he would be like ST honda and rape everyone barring the zoners.

CrazyMobius

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 24, 2009, 03:53:59 PM
Quote from: stereomonkey on July 24, 2009, 02:50:15 PM
Throw wiffs slow the game down in my opinion.  What do people normally do when your opponent wiffs their throw?

I believe "Rape their face off" is the correct answer here.

My answer is "Attempt to perform the above answer, but cock it up, and have the above happen to me, instead of my opponent"

That is everybodies answer bro
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

stereomonkey

Quote from: Toomeke on July 24, 2009, 05:26:27 PM

BB is a really offensive game with lots of mixups so I don't understand what Sirlin is talking about. Throws are more like overheads in bb in that they are to catch you off gaurd rather than put you in some retarded 70/30 mixup or whatever. Also Tager only really loses to the characters who can keep him zoned. If his throws were better than he would be like ST honda and rape everyone barring the zoners.

Ben sporting the Gouken avatar while dropping the knowledge bombs like a sage :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Quote from: Toomeke on July 24, 2009, 05:26:27 PM

You mean if it did? Yeah possibly, but the short block stun is stupid as well.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness