• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Justin Wong -King of Chinatown

Started by gunsmoke, July 29, 2009, 02:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

EC vs WC thing is actually pretty vital to the US scene to keep things competitive. Like all things in life, competition breeds more innovation. Being friends is fine and all but you need the shit talk to bring the real game out.

As for Triforce, from what I understand of him, he's done some really commendable things for his community (and that's NOT just gaming related, but social services). He's a bit oddball, but whatever.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

I reckon hes on to something with that hub thing of his.....

kinda like a 24/7 training sessions place....

its gots me thinkings ;)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on July 29, 2009, 11:13:37 PM
EC vs WC thing is actually pretty vital to the US scene to keep things competitive. Like all things in life, competition breeds more innovation. Being friends is fine and all but you need the shit talk to bring the real game out.

As for Triforce, from what I understand of him, he's done some really commendable things for his community (and that's NOT just gaming related, but social services). He's a bit oddball, but whatever.

Yeah, if I lived there I sure as fuck would be more inspired to go across the country to kick some bitches ass than go and beat some guy I talk to occasionally on the forums or w/e.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on July 29, 2009, 11:13:37 PM

Oh well die the US scene then.

fluxcore

Guess you also want all the other scenes to be shit as well then. Including ours.

Actually, WTF, you were talking shit about the aussies in exactly the manner you are saying you don't like with EC vs WC.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

Jeez, that vid makes it sound like he has taken in a bunch of no hopers, taught them life skills then converted them into product that he can make money out of.

I realise reality is probably quite different, but that Vid does nothing to endear me to Triforce.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on July 30, 2009, 05:13:57 PM
Guess you also want all the other scenes to be shit as well then. Including ours.

Actually, WTF, you were talking shit about the aussies in exactly the manner you are saying you don't like with EC vs WC.

quote of teh year.
Seriously I really don't get the negative part of you mate.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Trash talking is great. EC vs WC is hilarious.

Its more offensive and MORE arrogant to belittle someone without even knowing youre doing it. Like various members of this forum have done before.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 31, 2009, 01:57:28 PM
Trash talking is great. EC vs WC is hilarious.

Its more offensive and MORE arrogant to belittle someone without even knowing youre doing it. Like various members of this forum have done before.

Some people aren't as aware of this like most Claw players are, if you play close attention you will understand why :D

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on July 31, 2009, 08:17:05 AM

quote of teh year.

Hey brothers I didna put Grouchy Smurf as my avatar for nothing. And yes die all communities including ours.  ;D

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 03, 2009, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: zosla on July 31, 2009, 08:17:05 AM

quote of teh year.

Hey brothers I didna put Grouchy Smurf as my avatar for nothing. And yes die all communities including ours.  ;D

Well smurf my motha-smurfing smurf, EPIC! Have I told you lately how much of a legend you are Som? Too classic . . .

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! :)