• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Music

Started by Coddfish, March 12, 2007, 02:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amendonz

all about ofwgkta at the moment

CrazyMobius

Filter

Nick4now

Goddamn I've been listening to Charles Bradley's album "No Time For Dreaming" and I seriously haven't enjoyed listening to something so much in ages. Even though it's only April I'm ready to call this my favourite album of the year... Perhaps even favourite album of the decade  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

xFIST_0F_FURYx

Nick this is why you shouldn't drop Juri XD

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

xFIST_0F_FURYx

you guys need to know how to dougie ;D

LN

The dollar is good. It is time to buy vinyl from amazon.
There is no knowledge that is not power

geneterror

Picked up 2 new 12"s last night. Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican repress and Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today :)

Also on the new release tip. Auckland metal band Skuldom, one of the best Metal bands in the world have a new CD out finally! www.skuldom.com

Promo video can be found here...very NSFW! Bad enough I'm not gonna embed it, you can go watch it if you want
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSjkmSx4Cc

You can watch an old video for Orgiastic Blasphemy here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFrDGLBME7E&feature=grec_index also NSFW!
KOW 2011

LN

Exhorder, nice!

Keen to give skuldom a whirl... they should release a 12" though! :)

geneterror

They are working on a 12" release on an overseas label ;D
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

So does vinyl sound better? Or is it the collector factor that makes it cool? I would like to be a vinyl collector.

LN

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 04, 2011, 06:51:42 PM
So does vinyl sound better? Or is it the collector factor that makes it cool? I would like to be a vinyl collector.

Maybe. The mastering process is quite different so it tends to sound different to a CD or cassette anyway. Most of the cds these days are mastered for over the top volume at the expense of clarity and dynamics (take a look into The Loudness War if you care to), whereas it doesn't really work on vinyl.

Personally I find the physicality of the medium quite appealing, but there's also the artwork. Being able to actually tweak your player with different cartridges, needles etc is kind of cool too - what can you really tweak on a CD player? I guess you can solder in new DACs but that's not really something anyone wants to do.

You can find some really cheap shit at op shops too :)