• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV Nationals August 09

Started by CrazyMobius, August 15, 2009, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 17, 2009, 04:43:34 AM
4:36am in the morning and i'm still awake. zzzzz..... >.<"

Edit: 4:47am in the morning* Everyone has gone to sleep (K.O). I'm the only one left. I won :D
Damn you did win, i jumped off at at like 4:46, i thought you just fell asleep with your computer on lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Quote from: Gankatron on August 17, 2009, 11:37:05 AM
From me and Jack,

Thanks Flux, Lenny, Stu, Euan, Bill, Smooth and to the rest of the Admins that made it happen.

Was good to put faces to names and it was a real eye opener to see all the top guys.

once again congrats to Simon and the rest of the gigaboys, brothers la!

To Weezy > Your a fucking crack up brah! and that chick at the bus stop,...she couldnt get on that bus fast enough! jks :P

Cheers
Fong.

AHHHHH!!!!  That was your name!  Sorry Fong, I kept forgetting your name (and everybody elses) so that's kinda why I kept calling you gankatron.  Next time we gotta have a mean session!

Also, on another note.  The weekend has really taken it's toll on me.  I'm fucking sick ass a mongrel dog >_<
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

I think a lot of us are sick, including myself :(
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

I WISH I got sick so I'd have a legit excuse for a day off =_=
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Thanks Gankatron & Jack, you showed that xbox competition isn't a joke!
I guess if there's one piece of advice, it would be that when you make a mistake or get hit by something nasty, both of you took it pretty hard and perhaps it influenced the rest of the match a bit too much? In tournies you really have to let it slide and just play your game with what you have left - if you watch the top 5 or so people they basically all have pokerfaces the whole time!
Once you two have a bit more experience you're going to be absolute fiends I reckon!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 12:23:33 PM
I guess if there's one piece of advice, it would be that when you make a mistake or get hit by something nasty, both of you took it pretty hard and perhaps it influenced the rest of the match a bit too much? In tournies you really have to let it slide and just play your game with what you have left - if you watch the top 5 or so people they basically all have pokerfaces the whole time!
Once you two have a bit more experience you're going to be absolute fiends I reckon!

The above could be said for a lot of players I saw. A lot of people were getting the shakes and shit with what just seemed to be inexperience. There's a difference between being cautious and just not being offensive at all, not being a dick or anything but the Yifans players seem to show this the least probably because they're playing in conditions kinda simillar to these everyday. I really encourage the guys who don't to try to put themselves in whatever competitive situations they can. Even if you're only spending $6 at Yifans it's really worth it.

MUMMYHALA

Gankatron

Cheers Allan,

Yeah i would definitely put it down to lack of public sessions and playing at a comp level.  ;D

stereomonkey

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 17, 2009, 12:23:10 PM
I WISH I got sick so I'd have a legit excuse for a day off =_=

I wish I had too!  Damn work but hey, someones got to do it.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

what Alan is trying to point out is really self control, keeping calm in tournaments helps you think better with no pressure and you will make less mistakes.
If you make a mistake, take it calmly and just tell yourself it won't happen again and keep up the spirit. Have faith in yourself and you will do better than you expect :)

control yourself and you will control the match :)

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 17, 2009, 12:29:23 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 12:23:33 PM

The above could be said for a lot of players I saw. A lot of people were getting the shakes and shit with what just seemed to be inexperience. There's a difference between being cautious and just not being offensive at all, not being a dick or anything but the Yifans players seem to show this the least probably because they're playing in conditions kinda simillar to these everyday. I really encourage the guys who don't to try to put themselves in whatever competitive situations they can. Even if you're only spending $6 at Yifans it's really worth it.

Actually I think this is true. If you can play down at Yifans and keep yer nerve with a big crowd you should be able to do it at a tourney as well. Also you can reverse the whole thing and actually feed off the crowd!

Playing and watching those matches on the big screen was where it was at for me. The tension is increased and those near misses or comebacks are amplified 10 fold.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: zosla on August 17, 2009, 01:39:01 PM
what Alan is trying to point out is really self control, keeping calm in tournaments helps you think better with no pressure and you will make less mistakes.
If you make a mistake, take it calmly and just tell yourself it won't happen again and keep up the spirit. Have faith in yourself and you will do better than you expect :)

I guess it doesn't effect me since my style is Rushing down and kill myself all the time. If I make a mistake, I will say: "Fuck it, I'm gonna charge in and punch him to death with my random attacks now"

zos'la

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 17, 2009, 02:59:18 PM

I guess it doesn't effect me since my style is Rushing down and kill myself all the time. If I make a mistake, I will say: "Fuck it, I'm gonna charge in and punch him to death with my random attacks now"

sounds good to me lawl, for me its more like just stand there and don't move now okay... I SAID DON'T MOVE GRRRR .... METSU HADOUKEN!!! take that!!!

CptMunta

I listened to music while I was playing, Really helped me keep my head screwed on. I also talked to the other player I was facing before the match just to break the ice.

I listened to music while I was playing online before the tournament just so I could get into the mindset.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Quote from: zosla on August 17, 2009, 03:03:04 PM
Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 17, 2009, 02:59:18 PM

sounds good to me lawl, for me its more like just stand there and don't move now okay... I SAID DON'T MOVE GRRRR .... METSU HADOUKEN!!! take that!!!

I know your real strat! HEY HEY JUMP SO I CAN SRK YOU AGAIN! K I'm not moving... JUMP AGAIN HAHAHAHA

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

hopefully we have another nationals again soon , too much cool shit to wait another year for !

Nice too meet you munta awesome rose man  !

I ended up going into town anyway after the yum cha got canceled ( why ?) and me and eliza ( rebecca haha) had mexican el fuerte style at the atrium on elliot and then went to yiffans .

Simon said I just misseed  Ioanne and stu and leo there , dam that sucked , wanted to say bye before u guys headed back to convict land .

Had a good time chatting to simon and cheers for showing us that picture game dude , the missus got something to play now when we go there :)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "