• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Toomeke on January 05, 2010, 10:32:19 AM

I wonder if it will be retarded like cvs2

I doubt it. The only thing that made it strong was cancelling from crouch MK. I don't think they'd do that in this one...or would they?

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 05, 2010, 10:39:31 AM
Sonic Hurricane is the bomb yo!  They need to make it full screen like on marvel :P

except its not.

be cool if its like the svc:motm sonic hurricane, where he throws it forward

stereomonkey

Nah, I dont like the forward one.  Looks poo like on A3 :-\
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 05, 2010, 11:11:00 AM
Nah, I dont like the forward one.  Looks poo like on A3 :-\

thats why i said svc:motm

Barnstorm

the only problem with sonic hurricane is it will still be a useless ultra in the sf4 game mechanic unless they drastically change something

or combos off of flash kick fadc (like ryu dp fadc)
or the worse option which if it keeps old properties and they just bounce on it once or twice for rubbish damage

fluxcore

More useless than his current ultra? :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

samurai black

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL, funny if it was more useless than his current Ultra. Selectable Ultra's is just stupid. All these brilliant minds at Capcom and they still couldnt put both Ultra's in? WTF are they afraid of?

This will be way more balanced, look at how many T6 upgrades till it was balanced.

Man i hope DJ is top tier. Oh oops I mean Dee Jay.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

weazzzy, you sound like a broken record player.  Everyone gets it, you don't like selectable ultras. Okay  :-X

fluxcore

Personally I have no problem either way, selectable or always there. The main thing I don't like about selectable is that there's one more stupid thing that you have to select before you can start playing.

Character (+taunt, +costume)
Stage
Handicap
Ultra

just gets to be an annoying number of button presses before you can actually play. I'd rather just have both ultras available in game just so I don't have to bloody navigate another tree of options.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 05, 2010, 01:36:24 PM
weazzzy, you sound like a broken record player.  Everyone gets it, you don't like selectable ultras. Okay  :-X
I know mang, but it hurts mang. It cuts real deep into my soul. Fucking useless, fucking Ultra's, only useless people wouldn't give a shit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 05, 2010, 10:44:59 AM
I doubt it. The only thing that made it strong was cancelling from crouch MK. I don't think they'd do that in this one...or would they?

would be cool if they did....and hopefully they NOT make it a charge move....qcfx2 would be just fine thanks capcom :)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

CrazyMobius

Quote from: AD-Remix on January 05, 2010, 02:02:16 PM

would be cool if they did....and hopefully they NOT make it a charge move....qcfx2 would be just fine thanks capcom :)

Hydro was talking about this aspect the other day and the speculation that charge characters ultras may change to quarter cirlce due to player request. I think although it would make things a bit fairer for those characters to ultra after dash cancel I think I would prefer them to stay as charge moves for the sake (of all things) tradition. WTF?