• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

jeebus, that looks awful. roo's monstrous foot, kens teeth, adon and juri with a case of rapist face and chun looking like shes trying out her pole dancing routine. the american cover looks good....

why couldnt they just ask ikeno to draw something cool up?

fluxcore

All the covers look like they have been slapped together by photoshop amateurs that have only just discovered swirl and blur effects.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats not a monstrous foot. Balrog on the TE stick box cover has a monstrous foot.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

theres a sort of collage of the characters in the unlockable artwork in sf4, that imo wouldve been awesome for the games boxart. looks like a poster of some sort.

maybe its just because i really like the boxart to kof xi, and it wouldve been cool to have something in a similar vein.

CrazyMobius

I dunno why I don't really care about the box art...I guess after being scarred by all those hideous Sega Saturn covers (Nightwarriors especially) it sorta scarred me so much that it built up some sort of 'horrible box art' immunity.

DVS

The european box art is a "little" bit better.....I feel in general that the art and design team failed a little bit with SSF4 box and character art -the logo is also unoriginal......just from an artists perspective I would have wished for better drawings with the character art....some are good, others are terrible....

I suppose I really don't care in the end as long as the game is 'balanced'(which they have made a massive effort on) and plays a little quicker than SF4 (I found it a little slow compared to previous SF's -this might just be me).....the covers just guna gather dust anyways.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Japan ones way better, go capcom unity tell dem to change our to theirs. Americas doing it too.

Japan box > USA > Europe
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

Skullator

moose!

Out of all the SFIII cast Q is the one I would like to see in IV the most...
But I'm pretty confident I won't.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hmm if i guess right Bill has to lick my ballz.

Dudley
Ibuki
Makoto
Hakan

Cool if it was any of these, Urien/Necro/Oro/Alex/Yun//Q
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: weazzyefff on February 09, 2010, 10:04:42 PM
Hmm if i guess right Bill has to lick my ballz.

Dudley
Ibuki
Makoto
Hakan

Cool if it was any of these, Urien/Necro/Oro/Alex/Yun//Q

Hah. You'd love that wouldn't you. If you have a thing for me bro, its fine. Im into chicks though, so it aint gonna happen. But the first step to moving on is acceptance. I promise Richard will let you cry on his shoulder.

I wouldve liked to see Alex, but other than that my preference would definitely be dudley, ibuki and makoto. In that order. Im still intrigued as to what they do with Hakan. If he is the next new character. He must be fucking awesome if they have put off revealing him for this long. Or, he just wasnt as polished as juri come reveal-time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Damn it, o.k. I DO have a thing for showing my dominance by tea bagging guys IRL. Damn i really should stop watching South Park. It's dementing my mentality.

Oh and deals still on.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

out of the whole 3rd strike cast I reckon alex and Q are awesome .
Woulda liked to have seen these 2 in the game
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "