• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on February 17, 2010, 04:07:30 PM
I like the shot with the raccoon mimicking ibuki's pose

WTF?! They made it a racoon?! It's meant to be a tanuki!  >:(

fluxcore

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 17, 2010, 04:09:46 PM
WTF?! They made it a racoon?! It's meant to be a tanuki!  >:(

Uh sorry, you're completely right, I'm just not pedantic enough to have remembered that particular detail.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

whats up with makoto's squashed face. oh well.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on February 17, 2010, 04:50:58 PM
Uh sorry, you're completely right, I'm just not pedantic enough to have remembered that particular detail.

No I think the artist forgot as well. The drawing looks like it IS a raccoon! Oh well.

xpunch

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

hahahhahaha

I bring back the rumor list again .
Lets cross some more off shall we .

Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.
All characters will have two Ultras.
It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.
Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.
All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.
Some characters will have Air Ultras.
The Bonus Stages will be returning.
This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.
Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).
Ibuki has a run command.
Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.
Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.
Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
Guy has his Chain combos.

Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.
Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.
Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.
T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.
Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.
There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.
The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken

once we find out about more of the third strike characters moves we will be able to cross off heaps more on that list
anyone wanna argue that the rumor list at the time of writing is correct now ?
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

ominous

bout time Haggar made an appearance I rkn.

samurai black

whats gonna differentiate him from 'gief? they both got the SPD and and spinning lariat....

xpunch

that rumor list is pretty beast  8) esp on how early it came out.

but why am I sitting here like wow ::) dudley, ibuki, and makoto  :-\ why am I not over the moon hyped for the new chars and stuff? ???

probly becoz I already kinda knew who the new chars were so the rumor list kinda killed my buzz but at the same time tickled my hairs and made me happy lol  ;D

still hyped for this game tho  ;)

Lennysaurus

Quote from: samurai black on February 17, 2010, 08:39:16 PM
whats gonna differentiate him from 'gief? they both got the SPD and and spinning lariat....

lol and gief even has his outfit!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

ominous

That's true, I guess I was thinking back to Final Fight, and got caught up with cody and guy making a return I forgot about zangief.. Haggar did have some pretty cool moves in saturday night slam masters tho. and yes they gave zangief haggars outfit in the dlc which i also forgot about XD..

massi4h

Finally we get the update. I think I'm gonna play some 3s a bit so I learn how these characters work cause tbh whenever I've played 3s I've only used characters from the other games (so I've only ever picked Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Chun).

xpunch

I was just playing 3s like 10mins ago and man dudley is pretty hard to pick up like all i can do is j.hp, s.hk, ex machine gun then that mk dash mk thingy lol and thats my best combo.

It will be good 2 see how the 3s chars are used in this game.

Like keno said out of the four new chars he puts TWO of them equally top tier with SAGAT :o. huh equal with sagat?? cool :) Dudley? makoto?  ibuki? hakan? who cud it be?

lol hope it aint dudley i want him to be mid or low or else the whole world of top tier bolo's will main him nooooooooooo!! >:( stick with sagat top tier bolo ppl jks  ;D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Rumour was that Makoto and dudley were pretty beast. That same rumour also said ken was up there as well. And yea, i think dudley is going to be mad popular. Ibuki seems like she has a really steep learning curve in 3s. Which Birry Wong always approves of, so i might have a jam on her.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

the only character i'm hype for is DEEJAY, I never played 3S and the alpha characters don't really appeal either.

D: maybe hakan!