• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

What if I play both Dud's? Does that make me half an idiot   :P

Kind of agree but I don't know how you could make Dudley a technical character in a game like SFIV. I guess taking away chain combos that cancel into uppercuts would be a start  ::)

fluxcore

I was meaning more the double uppercut thing
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea the double uppercut thing is retarded, but everything in the 4 series is basically "character x" for idiots. What will be funny is the scrubs who pick the 3s characters in S4, and then try to play 3s and fail badly.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Chuckk

Quote from: Toomeke on March 31, 2010, 09:16:52 AM
What if I play both Dud's? Does that make me half an idiot   :P

Kind of agree but I don't know how you could make Dudley a technical character in a game like SFIV. I guess taking away chain combos that cancel into uppercuts would be a start  ::)

haha yeah, my comment about dudley for idiots was mostly just meant as like, in comparison to his 3s version, where playing him well requires solid execution to do anything more than basic ex mgb combos.

that shit is out of 4, so you're left with easy chains, broken overhead, easier combos etc.

i've no problem with people using him haha, I definitely will.

I do hope that the damage is scaled well on no meter double uppercut though, because well, I like it for the flash, not for "holy shit im gonna rape you with no meter cause im 3s ken and my target combo into special move does more damage than your super"

Also beginning to think Guy looks really fun. chains, that through-fireball tackle etc.
But all his pressure kinda looks like a shitty no DP dudley x ibuki.

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 31, 2010, 10:34:19 AM
Yea the double uppercut thing is retarded, but everything in the 4 series is basically "character x" for idiots. What will be funny is the scrubs who pick the 3s characters in S4, and then try to play 3s and fail badly.

Also what I think will be MORE interesting, is how long us 3s idiots will be able to get away with playing the 3s characters like the 3s versions.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

cover art for the game

http://www.capcom-unity.com/grant008/blog/2010/03/30/super_sfiv__-_final_pack_front,_now_with_more_dudley!

still ugly. they really should just get the artist to whip something cool up.

copypasta the link, clicking on it doesnt include the ! in the url

Skullator

Rorooze

I still don't get why the box art is so important. :(

Skullator

geneterror

The Euro art for Final Fantasy has always been sexy as fuck!
KOW 2011

samurai black

Quote from: Skullator on March 31, 2010, 01:45:40 PM
It isn't really, but if you are into collecting shit then it's nice if the cover art is sexy

Case and point-
http://skullator.com/pictures/n64.PNG

oh man, you still have the boxes for your n64 games? those were gone in like a week at my house. hated those shitty bits of cardboard when the psx got fancy jewel cases and ish.

Quote from: geneterror on March 31, 2010, 01:58:53 PM
The Euro art for Final Fantasy has always been sexy as fuck!

except for XIII. why did they tack lightning onto the front, i like the traditional look.

Skullator

Quote from: samurai black on March 31, 2010, 02:00:44 PM
oh man, you still have the boxes for your n64 games? those were gone in like a week at my house. hated those shitty bits of cardboard when the psx got fancy jewel cases and ish.

except for XIII. why did they tack lightning onto the front, i like the traditional look.

Haha yeah, the n64 boxes made terrible collectables tbh. But I loved some of those games soooo much I couldn't bring myself to throw them out lol.

And yeah I was pleased at least the Japanese cover of XIII had the traditional logo only look to it, didn't like the look of the English cover as much.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

wow kens looking really good .
3frame lp dp now

comboable from roundhouse thunder kick (slow overhead been speed up and more hit stun)

c.mkxxfireball/ultra 2  , man you can combo into ultra 2 with a normall fireball , doesnt have to be ex and my god so much damage , his ultras just over half there and look at what it does to cody who has 1000 health .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0UQcdAXugE   at 2:58

dash looks lots faster 2 at 2:22

the u-man is happy
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ive watched a few fuerte vid's from the same event. His new ultra is really really fucking good. It will make pressure matches (chun/bison etc) a hell of a lot easier.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

I watched Andre vs Fuerte and that player was pretty good. Is his new Ultra 0 frames, cause I saw 1 point he did it on wake up and bison didn't poke anything, so if it was any slower I'm sure he coulda jumped out. Looks pretty useful either way.

And wtf Ken looks mean as Euan. Ken>Ryu? Time will tell lol.